PDA

View Full Version : Showcase Event in Aberdeen Mall. BC Canada

machine
2005.10.27, 01:39 PM
This year Ken of Indy Hobbies in Richmond B.C Canada has set up a deal with an RC Model Show to provide us a place to showcase the mini RC scene. Here is your chance to display your skills, compete, or if you are new to the scene, test drive a mini RC. We will be setting up a primary track for competition as well as a secondary track for test drives.

miniRC and Team 1 Hobbies will be supplying the RCP track and NanoSpeed will be supplying the use of their Core System Lap Timer.

Place: Central Atrium - Aberdeen Centre
Address: 4400 Hazelbridge Way, Richmond, BC [View Map]
Date & Time: Saturday, 11.12 - 11:00am-9:00pm & Sunday, 11.13 - 11:00am-7:30pm

Please signup up here Sign up thread (http://www.minirc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=59)

We are running 2 classes to get things rolling quick this is a showcase case event to get the season up and running.

Stock Class 1/28 scale

Iwaver / Miniz / Xmods allowed:
Iwavers IW01, IW02
Kyosho MR01, MR02
Xmod Gen 1 and Gen 2 **2WD ONLY**

Class Description -

The competing car must be run with the following parts stock:

- chassis, motor pod, differential, antenana, wheels and battery clips.
- body must not be modified in any way, material can only be removed if it is found to have broken during the race(s). Example, mirrors, wings etc.
- No FET upgrades No turbos
- stock motor **Honor rule applies**
- 4 AAA nimh batteries
- rubber tires (the type/durometer of the tire compound is up to the competitor)
- Hard sedan style body MIni-z or Iwaver
- Stock Remote is to be used.

Mod Class 1/28 scale

Iwaver / Miniz cars / Xmods
Iwavers IW01, IW02
Kyosho MR01, MR02
Xmod Gen1 and Gen 2 **2WD ONLY**

Class Description -

This is mod so any aftermarket part is allowed.
- Fet upgrades and turbo allowed
- 4 AAA nimh batteries **ONLY**
- rubber tires (the type/durometer of the tire compound is up to the competitor)
- Hard sedan style body MIni-z or Iwaver
- All types of remotes are allowed

bolter9
2005.11.03, 09:10 PM
Machine- I'm going to try to make the trip up for the event. I've got my wife on board and the dog taken care of, now just trying to work it out with the office.

I'll keep you posted.

arch2b
2005.11.03, 10:51 PM
i look forward to reading the reviews and seeing pictures :p

bolter9
2005.11.04, 01:17 AM
i look forward to reading the reviews and seeing pictures :p

Definitely!

I'm hoping it works out- I've never been to an actual race event before, and Vancouver is one of my favorite places to frequent (my wife is Canadian, and her sister lives there).

bolter9
2005.11.04, 10:46 PM
Ok I got the green light!

We're going to drive up on Friday and back on Monday, so I'll be there for at least the Saturday event, and possibly the Sunday as well.

Can't wait!!

Fish
2005.11.04, 11:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing you here bolter9!

We'll be sure to take lots of pictures, and video too if we can.

Fish
2005.11.14, 03:34 PM
The event has come and gone, the crowds were huge, and the racing was pretty good too. I've got pics and some videos forthcoming, but I've attached a teaser pic. Don't mind the blue tint, that was the mall's ambient rooftop projection system working (It's like a fake sky. I've got some pics of that too).

Linky to our club's review thread here: http://www.minirc.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=81

Fish
2005.11.14, 06:55 PM
http://www.blitzgear.com/gallery/index.php?cat=7

Be sure to check out the photos of the blimp against the simulated sky. Very nice!

EDIT: I just realized... three posts in a row for me on this thread. :p

bolter9
2005.11.15, 02:22 AM
Yeah that lighting system was a real suprise during my first race! suddenly everything was red!...thank God the fountains were covered!

Anyway, you guys put on a fantastic race/showcase- thanks for all the hard work.

Looks like you're not going to have any trouble getting public interest :D