PDA

View Full Version : new 04 monster on ebay

14u2catch
2005.10.29, 08:48 PM
has anybody seen them?? just search for iwaver monster....but the are in the uk....will they be here soon????

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.30, 05:28 PM
Not a single chassis shot and nothing into the details to suggest anything different from the "Firelap" monster... and the Tx is the old Tx....

Dungball on ebay... jesus, what else do we need? :(

bda52
2005.10.30, 05:54 PM
Not a single chassis shot and nothing into the details to suggest anything different from the "Firelap" monster... and the Tx is the old Tx....

Dungball on ebay... jesus, what else do we need? :(

I thought the same at first last night when I saw the post.

Do like 14u2catch said and do a search for "iwaver monster". Scroll to the bottom of the page in the shops section there are 2 listed, item #6008687670 and #6008686278

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.31, 10:47 AM
Alright, so first impressions hardly ever work out to be the final impressions....

but... 3 channel Tx, Front bumper (that is HUGE) and Wheelie bar that looks solid...

just look at the pics and read... :)

This superb new Iwaver 1:28th electric RC RTR Mini Monster Truck is available from MMC. Pics are for illustration only, this auction is for the SILVER version. Great little truck with loads of pro features and a serious 3 channel radio - what a bargain!

Features:
1/28th scale electric powered radio control 2WD RTR
Fully assembled with computer radio
Double A-arm front suspension
Include 6 shocks
Servo saver
Separated front servo
Non-compromising rear suspension system, pivot pin/2 shocks for up/down movement, pivot pin/2 shocks for side/side movement
130 size motor
Forward/Reverse with brake ESC
Wheelie bar !
Front bumper !
Large monster truck wheels and tires
Kit include optional 3 pinion gears and spare parts

Chassis Specs:
Length: 183mm
Width: 122mm
Height: 75mm
Weight: 256g

Radio Features:
LCD screen display digital adjustments and setting
Four edit keys for setup
10 model memory
Dual rate steering (D/R Steering)
Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
Digital trim (Steering Trim, Throttle Trim, Adjustable Throttle ATL, and D/R steering can all be adjusted using digital trim switches.
Switch function reassignment
Steering wheel tension adjustment

Requires
4 AAA batteries for chassis
8 AA batteries for radio

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.31, 11:02 AM
Alright, so I had to do some snooping but I found out that Tower has one in stock....

Just read this:

FEATURES: Chassis: 04 series off-road, bottom plate constructed of fiberglass
Drive:
Motor: 130 size
Speed Control: Electronic, with brake
Body:
Radio: 27MHz 2-channel pistol grip computer radio with LCD screen,
10-model memory, digital trims, servo reversing, ABS brake and
keypad for accessing and scrolling through menu functions
Steering Servo: Separate from PC board allowing easy replacement
Suspension: Upper and lower A-arms with two pivot pins to regulate
side-to-side action
Shocks: One shock at each wheel with two extra shocks mounted
horizontally at rear-all friction type

The picture on tower matches the other's with the exception of gold colored wheels...

6 shocks... I thought that was a typo on the other site! Sweet!
Also, Tower lists it as a 2 channel tx... but i'm pretty sure it is really a 3 channel.

I want one! lol
Bumpers: Plastic, front and rear
Differential:
Gearbox: Step down type with three gears for better climbing power

bda52
2005.10.31, 01:32 PM
Here is link to a pic of the chassis without the body on it from another thread: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=186124&postcount=4

There are 2 shocks on the front and 4 on the rear.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.31, 02:20 PM
Well from looks this is what I think of the chassis if anyone is intested:

It looks well built and looks like it could take more of a beating than the Kyosho (which would be a suprise for anyone who has owned the Iwaver monster in a previous generation.) The wires for the servo and motor and heavy duty which is VERY nice. Kyosho should have done this before... Iwaver beat them to it this time. The bumper and wheelie bar are absolutly killer, I love them. The shock mounts on the rear for the pivoting is interesting, I think I would have to see how the shock react to the pivot to get a real idea. And finally, the tires ... they're on backwards :p classic Iwaver moment.

14u2catch
2005.10.31, 04:17 PM
we will see if iwaver will hold up . atleast they took their head out of the sand and tried to fix the weak points, while kyosho simply put a new body on and said wow!!!!! thats just my opinion

mini-z
2005.10.31, 07:01 PM
Alright, so I had to do some snooping but I found out that Tower has one in stock....

In Stock? Or just listed on their site? We should get them in at the same time as Tower... :)

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.31, 08:20 PM
ah, you caught it... I missed it. Tower's date is late october. Either way, it looks interesting.

finder-of-good
2005.11.08, 11:55 PM
ah, you caught it... I missed it. Tower's date is late october. Either way, it looks interesting.
I will be selling the New Iwaver 4 BigFoot in about 1 week, Oil filled shocks, new chassie, with pinion gears, the same Tx as the firelap 2 and yes it is 3 channel with a swith for the third channelo. if you want a pic email me. or look for me on ebay, user name is sellers name.

BLiND
2005.11.09, 12:25 AM
In Stock? Or just listed on their site? We should get them in at the same time as Tower... :)

what kind of body styles will the ones you are getting have mini-z? :D

bda52
2005.11.09, 12:29 AM
what kind of body styles will the ones you are getting have mini-z? :D

My guess would be the same ones listed at www.iwaverusa.com

14u2catch
2005.11.09, 08:50 AM
My guess would be the same ones listed at www.iwaverusa.com
what is with the 3rd channel???? what is it good for?

finder-of-good
2005.11.10, 07:33 PM
what is with the 3rd channel???? what is it good for?
:rolleyes: Extra set of batteries that you can activate with the third. TURBO ?

As soon as I get the Iwaver 4 BigFoot I will post closup pics in comparison to my FireLap 4 ;) .......by what I can see in the pic that I have there appears to be some mods to the chassis and the articualted front and rear end and of course the 5amp fet rating that Iwaver give....... :eek: see how hot a motor I can throw at it ???

14u2catch
2005.11.20, 03:11 PM
thats messedup??? i was just on tower and it said temp. unavaible and now their is no listing for replacement parts....(their was before)

14u2catch
2005.11.20, 03:36 PM
just me again i think i found out the deal toy east has them on ebay and they have them listed on their website.. the white one looks cool.. i have never ordered from toy east does anybody have anything good/bad to say about ordering from them??

bda52
2005.11.20, 03:42 PM
just me again i think i found out the deal toy east has them on ebay and they have them listed on their website.. the white one looks cool.. i have never ordered from toy east does anybody have anything good/bad to say about ordering from them??

They are not too bad, at least for me. Shipping is a little overpriced and take about a week and a half to get to the US.

I would email the shop here and see if they are going to carry the 04. If so, I would wait until then. Price should be the same as TE and shipping will be both quicker and cheaper.