PDA

View Full Version : Results for the PN World Cup 2005 Finals

CoreAnalog
2005.10.31, 01:01 AM
All race results are posted at www.corespeedway.com.
Congrats to all of the winners! The A Mains were a blast to watch...

--Core

wcrotty
2005.10.31, 08:29 AM
Congrats to Rudy, Chad, and Cristian on the wins.

ruf
2005.10.31, 11:57 AM
Chad and Brian certainly gave me a scare. They kept getting faster and faster the whole weekend. Great competition and camaraderie!

The podium pictures will be hilarious because Chad's only about 2 feet taller than me! hahahaha! We had a good laugh about that one. :D

ruf
2005.10.31, 12:02 PM
www.corespeedway.com is down for some reason...

TITANIUM
2005.10.31, 06:03 PM
thanks for the stats M.
great time, congrats to all!...
i loved this event!

mini-z
2005.10.31, 06:29 PM
Congrats all! Who won the MZR ReadySet? :)

TITANIUM
2005.10.31, 09:46 PM
all the first place guys left with a ready set....

TNB
2005.11.01, 12:02 AM
It was fun racing against and meeting a few more MZR members as well as numerous non-members. I'll post a few photos later; however, I just arrived at home so the photos will have to wait--though someone else can always post photos as well.

mini-z
2005.11.01, 07:05 AM
all the first place guys left with a ready set....

Oh, so they were just pooled together? Got it. Cool! :)

ruf
2005.11.01, 11:02 AM
F1 winner - Testarossa readyset
Stock winner - Mustang readyset
Mod 2nd - 575 GTC readyset
Mod winner - ? readyset

My fave is how Cristian's winning STOCK times were the fastest of the day! Even faster than the mod times! I really wish we could have gotten his mod car to hook up... :( Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad! :D

It was good to meet some of the forum members for the first time. We all had a GREAT time!

TITANIUM
2005.11.01, 12:03 PM
Congrats to Rudy, Chad, and Cristian on the wins.

you mean rudy, joe, & cristian, right.....

CristianTabush
2005.11.01, 08:39 PM
Thank you for the love guys. That McLaren was smoking! I wish I would have listened to some of the people that love that car before instead of convincing everyone that the ENZO was the best. I had the oportunity to discuss different bodies but mainly wheel offsets for the front with Joel Johnson himself on Monday. It was awesome, Joel was digging on my little Z.

Great things are planned for these cars I was assured, but they are a little tight lipped at the moment. Joel is considering bringing the official cup back to the US, but perhaps with a more "National championship" flavor to it.

Joe and myself are discussing a possible invitational race with some cool twists to focus on the development of local clubs...

Definetely fun to meet some of the guys from the forum and nice to see some old faces. I must definetely get back to testing and developing a modified car setup with the new benchmark that was my McLaren in the stock mains as it was by far the fastest run of the weekend by laps and time (10 min heats) in the mains, and the whole weekend by means of average lap time, (8 min heats) quicker even than the modified winner.

wcrotty
2005.11.01, 08:56 PM
Cristian,

What did Joel mean by "more "National championship" flavor to it"?

thanks

CristianTabush
2005.11.01, 09:36 PM
Nothing specific. Except making it with rules like the PN racing, rather than just Kyosho parts. Maybe something sponsored by Kyosho, but sanctioned by a mini Z organization. Specifics were not discussed it was just mentioned for a couple of seconds, just ideas...

Planning hasn't really began at all as far as an organization goes. The cool ideas and products were mentioned to me by Steve Pond, but nothing was leaked out. Just said to wait until early to middle of next year.

Joe and I want to organize an Invitational race in Texas, since it is in the middle of the country it would be a good place for all the US drivers to meet. (maybe even some of the international drivers can attend)
We are discussing a race series at club level by which the entry money is pooled in to send your top local finishers in each class to an Invitational class here in Houston. Of course there will be an open class in which you can compete to qualify for the next year's race and so forth. Just ideas right now. Might even start a thread pretty soon to see about ideas.

TITANIUM
2005.11.01, 11:34 PM
That McLaren was smoking! I wish I would have listened to some of the people that love that car before instead of convincing everyone that the ENZO was the best.

ya ya...I tried to tell you.....but like usual....nobody takes note....
(Except Joe and the f1 tire discussion...)

TITANIUM
2005.11.01, 11:40 PM
Cristian,

What did Joel mean by "more "National championship" flavor to it"?

thanks

crotty (this is me Aaron)why havent i seen you at any mini-z events since rcx?....i would like a shot at some F1 payback to you ...haha

maybe at this new hush hush national chamionship?

hope to see you again...

TITANIUM
2005.11.01, 11:43 PM
We are discussing a race series at club level by which the entry money is pooled in to send your top local finishers in each class to an Invitational class here in Houston. Of course there will be an open class in which you can compete to qualify for the next year's race and so forth. Just ideas right now. Might even start a thread pretty soon to see about ideas.

i will make sure brian in salt lake sees this....

briankstan
2005.11.02, 08:28 AM
i will make sure brian in salt lake sees this....

We should start a new thread on this topic, I am interested in hosting some kind of event here in salt lake, either a PN event or whatever the final format will be.

Brian

wcrotty
2005.11.02, 09:21 AM
Hey Aaron,

How are you doing? Ya i wish i could have gone. I had a kid about a year and a half ago so getting time to go racing has been hard. Also Money has been tight.

Next years Mini-z cup / hush hush should be fun. I hope to see you there.

later

Bill

wcrotty
2005.11.02, 09:31 AM
Nothing specific. Except making it with rules like the PN racing, rather than just Kyosho parts. Maybe something sponsored by Kyosho, but sanctioned by a mini Z organization. Specifics were not discussed it was just mentioned for a couple of seconds, just ideas...

Planning hasn't really began at all as far as an organization goes. The cool ideas and products were mentioned to me by Steve Pond, but nothing was leaked out. Just said to wait until early to middle of next year.

Joe and I want to organize an Invitational race in Texas, since it is in the middle of the country it would be a good place for all the US drivers to meet. (maybe even some of the international drivers can attend)

Cristian,

This sound interesting. But i just hope it doesn’t open up another can of worms. But we will see. I see Tim Johnson from Kyosho has posted here and i hope he
checks the forum to see what other people think.

Invitational race in Texas sounds cool. What classes do you guys run?

later

Bill

mini-z
2005.11.02, 12:28 PM

C, please do start a new thread on this as we're interested too...! :D

TITANIUM
2005.11.02, 12:48 PM
Hey Aaron,

How are you doing? Ya i wish i could have gone. I had a kid about a year and a half ago so getting time to go racing has been hard. Also Money has been tight.

Next years Mini-z cup / hush hush should be fun. I hope to see you there.

later

Bill

congrats! family life sure changes a guy...haha...i should know...we just got #4...lol....now tv & rc time is bath, teeth, story time...lol!

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 02:34 AM
Will do, I'll start a threas late r on this week, just need to discuss some of the formats...

GoFaster
2005.11.03, 01:30 PM
Cristian, About the Mclaren, I bet Scott would have told you so. :D

Good driving Reflex Crew.

Ron

TITANIUM
2005.11.03, 02:28 PM
Joe and myself are discussing a possible invitational race with some cool twists to focus on the development of local clubs....

Cristian I look forward to this....maybe I can drive my mini-van down....
oh ya, Ron can personally evaluate for himself if I got beat-up as a kid.....
Looking forward to it!

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 02:38 PM
Ron, don't think I won't be expecting it...

I think I had to stick my foot in my mouth several times over the weekend, it was bad... But We came, We saw, WE LEARNED, and took their Hardware... :eek:

mikimotor
2005.11.12, 08:40 AM
Hello all:
IM Alex Rubio from Spain, I write this post to send congratulations to all winners of PNRWC2005, we are very enjoyed to this weeks end.

Our team this year only can take 2on place in a modified class, but next year all Spanish training to win all class!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: (its a joke)

So, thks to all, for youy hospitality in USA, likes our home.

Many thks.

Alex Rubio
Technical Racing Products (Spain)

TITANIUM
2005.11.12, 01:19 PM
alex good to hear from you!...spain winning in all classes!? i cheer you on!
i hope to race david in F1 again...we were so close, but in the end he finished 4th and i 5th.....fun time was had by all!

TNB
2005.11.14, 10:35 PM
Alex,
I'm still working on photos and I'm trying to work on several events at the same time. The new job location and set up is also cutting into my time, but I am getting in some heli time at lunch. :D I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten anyone.

ARN
2006.02.27, 12:46 PM
i just received amy Xtreme RC cars mag...!
little article about the pn world event...but atleast its there...!!!
and i noticed that the picutre of the F1 winning driver was wrong...
they placed Uri's pic there by mistake, Joe thats to bad!...
i guess they will need to re-call and re-print all mags!!!