PDA

View Full Version : Prototype Brushless Xmods Upgrade

Randel Stevens
2005.10.31, 05:24 PM
This is a completed brushless prototype the new Radio Shack Xmods EVO. Hope to post some data soon, but with the slowest gear set 8/25 its already pulling 26 mph.

mini-z
2005.10.31, 06:36 PM
R- whoa - details?! :D

PlagueWulf
2005.10.31, 08:19 PM
w00t, I dont know if I am most impressed with the BL or the yellow tires?!
Thats a seriously colorful car ;) I like it loads, and can safely say we want to see video of this beast please! :D

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 01:49 AM
Thats a seriously colorful car ;) I like it loads, and can safely say we want to see video of this beast please! :D

Just happend to be cuting vido right now, anything particular anyone would like to see??? :eek:

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 02:44 AM

This is a drag between the brushless Xmods evo and Mini-T with 3 cell lithium pack momba esc and momba 8000.
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7954.htm

PlagueWulf
2005.11.01, 09:39 PM
Nice vid, maybe a little short?

anything particular anyone would like to see???

Yes, I would really like to see it drifting (sliding sideways) in a controlled fashion. Maybe slide like this: "8" or in circles.

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 10:59 PM
Nice vid, maybe a little short?

Yes, I would really like to see it drifting (sliding sideways) in a controlled fashion. Maybe slide like this: "8" or in circles.

Hi Plaguewulf,
Thanks for just asking what you would like to see, Now if we cant produce it like i said we could we deserve to be bashed. I am not understanding why most ppl just bash and run away, whats the point we are still hear willing to produce what we we said we could. Ware are they? :rolleyes:
I must say i have heard of drift driving and seen one race on tv, i dont really understand it. Do we use those hard plastic tires so they just spin on any surface? Do you run in 4 or 2 wheel drive if in 2 whold you like to be able to do it in 4? it seems to me that you would wont to see this drif on a serface that most ppl use and with what ever tires you guys are currently drifing with. send me that info and will see what we come up with. Also what is so hard about drifing? and if you have seen or can do a figure 8 or even a sample of what its supos to look like it would help.

thansk for the reply

bda52
2005.11.01, 11:05 PM
For RC drifting AWD is used. RS has drift tires for the Xmod. The ones for Gen 1 fit the EVO. They run about $15 at RS. Yes, the tires are hard plastic.

I do not have a link to a drift video but know Bye-bye has posted one of his Xmod with a Mini-z board in it somewhere on this site.

byebye
2005.11.02, 03:34 AM
Good vid. I recommend a better camera angle. The setup looks awesome and very clean. more details are welcome. Don't mind the bashing. This is a mni-z forum. The sister site tinyrc.com is where the x-mod forums and other small rc sections are located. Do feel free to post in the mini-rc forum of your progress.

I couldn't quite make out the 25mph. Is it from radar? If so than you have a true 25mph car. Alot of people can say they went 99kmh on a tamiya speed checker but I have yet to see a radar reading. I am impressed.

-Byebye

mini-z
2005.11.02, 12:34 PM
Randel, I emailed you a few times about this, but not sure my messages went got through - you've been manually emailing replies to some of your Forum notification emails on our sites - these messages go to us, not the original poster. ;) :)

fetch-it
2005.11.02, 12:55 PM
This is a completed brushless prototype the new Radio Shack Xmods EVO. Hope to post some data soon, but with the slowest gear set 8/25 its already pulling 26 mph.

Hey Randel, nice setup but what ESC is that?

it can't be RS even when modded can it ! ! ! ? ? ?

Randel Stevens
2005.11.02, 01:54 PM

Hear is Man who know is his @#$T, everything in or on this car can be purchased eather online or at your local Hobby store. All but one. the one that this experienced hobbiest picked out with ease and posted in a one line post!

This is just our opion but thier are alot!!!! of you that can learn form a man like this. the following should give you some insentive.

the ESC is a 99.9% completed prototype ESC we are testing for the co. witch we are not alowwed to revieal yet. Nore are we allowed to say much of anything directly related to this ESC Yet. I can say that their is no ESC currently on the market that will properly function in any 1/28th car. This is a fact that most of you will have to learn the hardway, for everyone else the smaller the scale car the better your brushless esc MUST BE! and no the momba will not work properly and thier is no fix for this problem. This ESc and most likely other highbreads to follow have addressed this problem and meany oythers again we are not alowed to say. This is the sole reson we know that no other brushless system in any mini-z can even come close to this car. This includes ANY FORM OF RACING!!!!!! drag, top speed off the line, puch, passing power, thrust to weight ratio ect ect ect. for this of you who have chose the path of least resistance, ESC's with this performace will be avaiable very soon. Then the playing field will be level again, till then WE HOLD THE HOLY GRAIL of the brushless 28th scale cars!!!!!!!! and are proud to say MADE AND BUILT IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA'S XMODS VS. TOKYO, HONG KONG'S MINI-Z

the rumble in the jungle!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

will see you soon

Randel

Randel Stevens
2005.11.02, 02:05 PM
This is a completed brushless prototype the new Radio Shack Xmods EVO. Hope to post some data soon

byebye
2005.11.02, 04:07 PM
Your new ESC sound interesting but like others you should really concentrate on an entire package not just an ESC. I doubt seriously anyone is going to drop $60+ on an x-mod evo just to gut it and change it out completely. The chassis sucks along with everything else. You should check the work Pro-z and 6cellmod have done with GPM x-mod parts and carbon chassis. These guys know about going fast and turning at the same time. Keep us posted.

-Byebye

Roketmini
2005.11.02, 05:21 PM
I once saw a Mamba crammed into a gen 1 xmod with lithium batteries, but it looked hack. That's a really clean job you've done there.

PS. Where do you get those yellow tires? They look sweet.

williams F1#3
2005.11.02, 08:16 PM
And how many threads are you going to make about this?

bda52
2005.11.02, 08:21 PM
I could be wrong, and probably am, but I think the tires are from 1/32-1/24 slot cars. Parma and others make them. You just have to cut them and true them to your application.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.11.03, 06:45 AM
those pictures are black and whatever you are tying to show us is not visible.

Randel Stevens
2005.11.04, 01:34 PM
New Data on the Brushless Exmods EVO.

ACCELERATION: 0 to 30ft in 1.15 sec
Dead stop start to a lazer marker at 30 feet. top speed reached from 0 to 30ft was 20 mph.

Video at:http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7980.htm

Randel Stevens
2005.11.04, 01:40 PM
And how many threads are you going to make about this?
what do you care? :p

Randel Stevens
2005.11.04, 01:42 PM
those pictures are black and whatever you are tying to show us is not visible.

http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7980.htm

HaCo
2005.11.04, 01:48 PM
Yet another thread...

gulfclk
2005.11.04, 02:03 PM
How to explain people they should continu a thread when they started one and not start another one over and over again when they think they have something new ....

Let this be the last one on this quick project!

Randel Stevens
2005.11.04, 08:21 PM

Its a prototype that we are testing, we have been told it will be on the market between 1-4 months. We have been told that we are not allowed to talk about almost nothing. we are meeting with Co. daily to give feedback on esc and feed back regarding ppl questions we are pushing as hard as we can to get permision to relese as much info as we can. Everything we post about the esc is our opion only at this time.

Randel Stevens
2005.11.06, 07:51 PM
Your new ESC sound interesting but like others you should really concentrate on an entire package not just an ESC. I doubt seriously anyone is going to drop $60+ on an x-mod evo just to gut it and change it out completely. The chassis sucks along with everything else. You should check the work Pro-z and 6cellmod have done with GPM x-mod parts and carbon chassis. These guys know about going fast and turning at the same time. Keep us posted.

-Byebye
I wish we could, this esc comes form a mully million dollar co. we have no say what so ever in anything. if we are lucky thay will take advantage of us, and let us keep the esc. That at this time seems to be the best we could hope for. The rich get richer and we get the quickest and fastest 1/28th rc on the planet till thay come on the market an anyone can buy one. whooooo hooo , I dont know about you but i would rather get richer, and let the xmods bozo's say thay have the fastest big block V8 ENGINE in thier xmods and just won at the NHRA national.

Randel

starz
2005.11.07, 02:59 AM
Hi,
Where do you buy your foam tyre ?

Randel Stevens
2005.11.07, 10:51 AM
Hi,
Where do you buy your foam tyre ?
for the most part we use Tamiya 4wd Mini Racer Reston Sponge tires blue, yellow black gray green, orange ect. very common hear is the part # 15117. we buy in bulk but i belive you can still buy a package for 3-4 dollars. let me know if you still cant find any websits to purchase from.

randel

starz
2005.11.07, 11:58 AM
YES ! I search a webshop ?

timdale6
2005.11.07, 11:59 AM
i fly brusless,would you tell me the name of the motor.
thanks ,tim

Randel Stevens
2005.11.07, 01:49 PM
Answer is easy, if you are not interested in this data dont read it.

randel

timdale6
2005.11.08, 06:32 PM
Randel,
im sorry if i made you think i was not interestied,i allso have a new evo.
you said that you could not give info.on speed contro. i realy hope this comes
to market so i can put one on my evo.to. i just thought that i mite put the motor
on one of my micro planes.
Good Luck.
tim

Randel Stevens
2005.11.08, 06:57 PM
Randel,
to market so i can put one on my evo.to. i just thought that i mite put the motor
Good Luck.
tim
No worries,

we are not xmods or mint-z we just happend to use an xmods EVO by chance, along with finding this esc co. dumb luck only. As to info on the esc we are doing everything we can think of to have the abilty to post info. We get the same answer NO. thay dont mean anything by it. Thay wont it perfect and that is it! now one gets anything till thay are shure its perfect. but it will be hear and we belive very soon.

randel

1M_K3V1N
2005.11.09, 11:49 PM
Hey man...that looks great but....you already have 3 topics about this...how many more? Please don't post the same topic in different places...thanks

Mondo
2005.11.10, 12:51 AM
This is a drag between the brushless Xmods evo and Mini-T with 3 cell lithium pack momba esc and momba 8000.
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7954.htm

"momba" LMAO! It's actually a Mamba...
Anyway, that Mini-T is a little slow for the specifications you claim, I have 3 "Mambafied" Micros and even the 5400 running 7.2V GP1100s is considerably quicker than the "momba" equipped Mini-T.
Just my observations.... that's all...

BLiND
2005.11.10, 01:13 AM
I agree with Mondo.

I have an 8 cell KAN 1050 + mamba 8000kv comp-x package powering my mini-t and it does backflips on asphalt even when already going 20mph...

Randel Stevens
2005.11.10, 01:33 AM
"momba" LMAO! It's actually a Mamba...
Anyway, that Mini-T is a little slow for the specifications you claim, I have 3 "Mambafied" Micros and even the 5400 running 7.2V GP1100s is considerably quicker than the "momba" equipped Mini-T.
Just my observations.... that's all...

well i wish i could say you are right cuz then i would not have to right anymore, but you are wong. Its not a momba and never will be! not mention the momba 25 cant do what you see the 1/28 car doing in that video. and like or not we have to post the truth about the setups cuz the co. is reading all your replay's we would get canned if we lied even a little. but you wont have to take my word for it after the 28th of this month!!!!!!!! AREA 51 has released an esc for the 1/16 offroad chamionship series and 1/18th. Just a guess but in 19 day you are not going to be to happy about owning 3 momba 25's. stay tunned ????? the momba is 19days away from being Dominated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TIC
TOC
TIC
TOC

Randel

BLiND
2005.11.10, 01:37 AM
hey Mondo, does this guy remind you of the kid over on YM posting about the trinity brushless setup for the past year or is it just me? :D

Randel Stevens
2005.11.10, 01:37 AM
Randel,
Good Luck.
tim
no worries email me direct if have questions
stevens_randel@yahoo.com

Mondo
2005.11.10, 01:54 PM
hey Mondo, does this guy remind you of the kid over on YM posting about the trinity brushless setup for the past year or is it just me? :D

LMAO! BLiND indeed he does.. I just hope he doesn't bring his daddy into MZR like the other kiddie did at YM!
Although I have to admit, this Thread is becoming more amusing than informative...

"Momba??" LMAO!

Randel Stevens
2005.11.10, 02:15 PM
i could not agree more but whats wrong with amusing? We all do this for fun. as to my age if it will help any i have kids most likely your age, witch is why my post's/reply's have a bit of humor in them. sadly i am almost 40 maby in my own way i am just trying to be a little younger. Sorry mondo, i was just trying to lighten the mood at your expence, it seemed fuuny at the time.
On an infromative note, this esc is not a momba in any way, castlel creations knowns verywell who makes this esc and are dredding the day it comes out. The scutlte butt i have heard is castle was able to obtain a few esc over 2 months ago and have been trying to copy it anyway thay can but cant. To the best of my knowledge this product goes online this month on the 25th in spain for the 1/16, 1/18th offroad open championship series. this will include co. name esc name, data and race results. should be informative for all you serious ppl and quite amusing for us older fok.

randel (old man) stevens

bda52
2005.11.10, 02:23 PM
well i wish i could say you are right cuz then i would not have to right anymore, but you are wong. Its not a momba and never will be!

It is MAMBA not MOMBA as you have said over and over again in this thread. Unless you are trying to slight the competition abit.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cars/mamba-25.html

we have to post the truth about the setups cuz the co. is reading all your replay's we would get canned if we lied even a little.

If the company you are testing this for is worried about "the truth" being put onto this forum and others that you are posting on, have they said anything to you about your spelling? This is just one of many. See: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=203683&postcount=28

on a new note AREA 51 has oked the new esc to be raced in spane in the 1/16th and 1/18 offroad championship series.

Since you are a rep of the yet to be named company, I would think they would want to be represented with professionalism. Something that has picked up in your recent threads. (I personally thank you for that). I know that if I saw an ad that was spelled like alot of this thread, I would think the company would not be a reputable one. I can tell you I am not the greatest speller either, I use http://www.spellcheck.net/ ALOT!!!

Cannot wait to see the results and pics from the Championship Series. Please keep us posted or give a link to where we can follow the action at.

Thanks.

Randel Stevens
2005.11.10, 02:55 PM
no we are not trying to be disrepectable to Mamba thay have taken us out of the ice age and brought us to hear single handely. This accomplishment speaks for it self! we have the highest respect for castles and what it has done for our hobbie. what can we say someone made a better esc its nothing persoanl just business and racing. AND we dont get a dam thing for saything this, well unless you count all the wonderful reply's we get, thats all ours anyone wont to buy them? 80 dollars a piece.

randel

TNB
2005.11.10, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Randel Stevens
AS for mention i did not go cuz thay were racing cycles

Are you referring to the race held in Sun Valley?
Will you be at the Las Vegas TOC this weekend? Reps from both Castle and AON should be there.
What is the difference between your ESC and that of Castle and Quark?
How many comtinuous amps can your ESC handle?
What is the max surge?
How many cells?
Average temp using a 3-cell lipo?
Have you tried it in a CEN Mini-Madness?

If any of my questions have already been answered, I either missed them or thought more direct answers all in one specific place would be easier to read and find than scattered throughout several threads and numerous posts.
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203834#post203834

Mondo
2005.11.11, 01:23 AM
as to my age if it will help any i have kids most likely your age, witch is why my post's/reply's have a bit of humor in them. sadly i am almost 40 maby in my own way i am just trying to be a little younger.

You're younger than me then.... my Profile reveals all....

I do not think Castle Creations need to "dread the day" that a new brushless ESC is released.
The Mamba25 Micro class brushless system is not realy Castle Creations' bread and butter product line. CC's predigree and market focus is still on brushless flight (aircraft ESC) systems.

BLiND referred to a certain person who came onto YourMicro.com and bragged about the new Tekin Brushless system (http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15215)
The propaganda went on for months (April - October) with no video or photos, just bucketfulls of excuses.
The product has been released, it's not the big bad Mamba25 killer we were promised it would be, it's just another Micro class brushless system made a manufacturer who was playing catch-up
Yes we had the Hacker brushless motor a long time ago, long before the Mamba25 (not Momba) was released, but most enthusiasts had to use aircraft ESCs on their Micros (little or no brakes and no reverse)
Castle Creations' Mamba25 was the first brushless ESC designed for Micro road use.

Everyone remembers the first... just like Kyosho being the first with Mini Scale, HPI being the first to release Micro Scale and Castle Creations pioneering Micro Brushless systems for ground vehicle use.

Everyone else - XMods, XRay, Tekin etc. are just playing catch up..
As the old saying goes: Second place is the first loser.......

Randel Stevens
2005.11.11, 03:56 AM
i feel you, and your post is well put and to the point. I would rather not be making extravagant clames but it is exactly what you said the big bad Mamba killer. we did not make it and we are not receiveing any profit in any way, all esc for testing must be returned after we are done we have not even been promised a T shirt! The Best and fastest way to make your own minds is come the 25th or 28th of this month in Spain at the 1/18 /1/16 offroad open national series should be 30 drivers 29 are expected to show up with Mamba 25 and driver will not. will all know then.

randel

timdale6
2006.08.29, 09:43 PM
OK,iv watied longenuf lets see this brussless,if you have one for sale too us.
it will go in a miniz

timdale6
2006.08.29, 09:45 PM
Butt ofcorus your all tallk no do.