PDA

View Full Version : Xmods racing Mini-T

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 03:50 AM
this video is of a brushless Xmods EVO dragracing a Mini-t with 3 tell lith poly momba esc and momba 8000 mortor

gulfclk
2005.11.01, 03:54 AM
this video is of a brushless Xmods EVO dragracing a Mini-t with 3 tell lith poly momba esc and momba 8000 mortor

which video?

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 04:17 AM
hear is a link to the video
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7954.htm

Ninja
2005.11.01, 11:13 AM
looks to me like the X-Mod got whipped, maybe you should have set the video camera up from the finish line end

bda52
2005.11.01, 12:02 PM
looks to me like the X-Mod got whipped, maybe you should have set the video camera up from the finish line end

Looks that way to me, and the xmod had the quicker reaction time too. Unless the finish line was 2 feet from the start then the xmod won.

pHREDD
2005.11.01, 12:20 PM
looks to me like the X-Mod got whipped,

i agree....cool looking mini-T ;)

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 12:24 PM
Looks that way to me, and the xmod had the quicker reaction time too. Unless the finish line was 2 feet from the start then the xmod won.

you can always tell a mini-z lifer!!! well we are working on timed runs that wold be starting from same spot running 30 or 50 ft and passing a lazer beam witch will show up on the car as it passes. then you take the time it took to get from point A (the startline at a dead stop) to point B (the lazer beam at eather 30 or 50 feet). then god forbid do the math. Then you will see that a mini-z cant even play in this game and yes that includes the new all wheel drive mini-z x101 bla bla bla. for all you mini-z lifers, we have offically named this XMODS EVO (MADE IN USA) :)
THE MINI-Z EATERUPER!
USA VS. TOKYO,HONG KONG

I feel a spanking comming
ok i got gata go

briankstan
2005.11.01, 12:43 PM
you can always tell a mini-z lifer!!! well we are working on timed runs that wold be starting from same spot running 30 or 50 ft and passing a lazer beam witch will show up on the car as it passes. then you take the time it took to get from point A (the startline at a dead stop) to point B (the lazer beam at eather 30 or 50 feet). then god forbid do the math. Then you will see that a mini-z cant even play in this game and yes that includes the new all wheel drive mini-z x101 bla bla bla. for all you mini-z lifers, we have offically named this XMODS EVO (MADE IN USA) :)
THE MINI-Z EATERUPER!
USA VS. TOKYO,HONG KONG

ok i got gata go

well that sure won't help your cause, If you act like that all you will do is get yourslelf banned. It's better to discuss your opinions than to attack.

It all depend on how your car is set up, Most Mini-z'ers don't set their cars up for drag racing, most prefer the track courses, we all know that the xmods were limited in their turning, so most people have been drag racing them. that's fine.

Drag course or track course, it's all about setup. doesn't matter what kind of car it is. I personally find it more fun interacting with the people and having fun compitition races regardless of the outcome.

If you want to run all by yourself and eventually get bored, than just hold on to that additude.

Brian

Lionblade
2005.11.01, 01:24 PM
well that sure won't help your cause, If you act like that all you will do is get yourslelf banned. It's better to discuss your opinions than to attack.

It all depend on how your car is set up, Most Mini-z'ers don't set their cars up for drag racing, most prefer the track courses, we all know that the xmods were limited in their turning, so most people have been drag racing them. that's fine.

Drag course or track course, it's all about setup. doesn't matter what kind of car it is. I personally find it more fun interacting with the people and having fun compitition races regardless of the outcome.

If you want to run all by yourself and eventually get bored, than just hold on to that additude.

Brian

Agreed. Think of it like a Funny Car competing against a stock car. Of course, the Funny Car can go 240 mph, but what good would that do on a road track? It works the same in real cars as it does in 1/28 scale.

I can say that because I've seen a loaded up Xmod try to race a road course with Z's...2 weeks later, the guy bought a Z to compete. Maybe oval would be best for them to compete, but I don't think oval's any fun if the cars aren't even.

All in all, why bother to hate on other cars? Unless you want to play by yourself, that is.

imxlr8ed
2005.11.01, 01:38 PM
you can always tell a mini-z lifer!!!I feel a spanking comming ok i got gata go

It's me again !!! Find your nearest MiniZ event, and go ahead and race it ! Make sure they have a lap counter, and post the results ! I'm sure that if you did that, and won the race, we might take you a little more seriously !

Put up or shut up ! I'll ask you all reading this thread, if he would've went to a track, roasted a bunch of seasoned MiniZ racers with his Xmod, wouldn't we all have great respect, and many inquiries for this guy ?

Once again... it's nice to see you are into it, but I don't think you know what your dealing with when you make statements like you do ! :rolleyes:

I've built fully hooked Xmods, steering resistor mods, twin turbo, custom motors, AWD, tried it all ... yeah, they were fast but getting them to beat a MiniZ on a roadcourse is a whole other story !

briankstan
2005.11.01, 01:56 PM
It's me again !!! Find your nearest MiniZ event, and go ahead and race it ! Make sure they have a lap counter, and post the results ! I'm sure that if you did that, and won the race, we might take you a little more seriously !

Put up or shut up ! :D

Once again... it's nice to see you are into it, but I don't think you know what your dealing with when you make statements like you do ! :rolleyes:

I've built fully hooked Xmods, steering resistor mods, twin turbo, custom motors, AWD, tried it all ... yeah, they were fast but getting them to beat a MiniZ on a roadcourse is a whole other story !

I think the common misconception is xmodders talk drag racing, mini-zers talk road course racing. then everyone gets bent out of shape not realizing that we are talking about different things.

The best way you can compare the two, is to not try.

The reason the xmod can't even come close on a road course in my opinion is mainly because of its controller. It you were able to use a better one, I feel that the New EVO would hold it's own. I know that Stock EVO will run just as fast on a road course as a Stock Mini-z, if you can stay off the walls, that is hard to do with the Xmod Controller without lots and lots of practice.

Then you have the human element, even the best drivers have difficulty matching their best laps, from one to the next. You would have to put them up against the clock with the same driver running exactly the same line, etc. etc. it's just not possible.

It's the same reason that some driver are just so much faster than others, even with the same setup, and car. there are just too many variables.

bda52
2005.11.01, 02:11 PM
THE MINI-Z EATERUPER!
USA VS. TOKYO,HONG KONG

ok i got gata go

Acutally Randel, I also have 2 Gen 1 Xmods and one new EVO. I like the EVO alot. Though I do not see anywhere in the instructions or on the car where it says "Made in USA". I wish that was true.

Also, no where was I bad-mouthing you. But you go off with alittle attack.

So I guess you put me in my place. Thank gosh an Xmod can go 25MPH!!!!! That makes all the world right. No more Americans dying in the Iraq, no more tax breaks for the rich or oil companies!, no more "best buddies" being put in charge of departments they have no reason to be put in and ignoring Americans suffering after a devistaing act of God. All because Randel can make an Xmod go 25 MPH. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My world is at peace now. :)

imxlr8ed
2005.11.01, 02:44 PM

Hey bda52 ! You are definitely invited to our GTG as well ! :D

bda52
2005.11.01, 02:47 PM
Hey bda52 ! You are definitely invited to our GTG as well ! :D

I would love to attend either yours or arch's but I work on Saturdays. I would gladly make that drive, it is only about 3 to 4 hours or so. Not too bad since I used to be used to driving 1.5 hours one way for work for 3 years. I do not mind getting my butt kicked on the track, I would look forward to meeting new friends and having fun!

imxlr8ed
2005.11.01, 03:57 PM
I would love to attend either yours or arch's but I work on Saturdays. I would gladly make that drive, it is only about 3 to 4 hours or so. Not too bad since I used to be used to driving 1.5 hours one way for work for 3 years. I do not mind getting my butt kicked on the track, I would look forward to meeting new friends and having fun!

The event is on Sunday as well, balance of qualifying and Mains on Sunday.
No problem if you only show for Sunday !

I'll keep an eye out for you !

briankstan
2005.11.01, 03:59 PM
I would love to attend either yours or arch's but I work on Saturdays.

They are doing most of the racing on Sunday.

bda52
2005.11.01, 04:17 PM
Cool, I'll try to make it after the NASCAR season is over then. (and take any more discussions about DoW over to your section of the forum)

Randel Stevens
2005.11.02, 08:51 AM
Acutally Randel, I also have 2 Gen 1 Xmods and one new EVO. I like the EVO alot. Though I do not see anywhere in the instructions or on the car where it says "Made in USA". I wish that was true.

Also, no where was I bad-mouthing you. But you go off with alittle attack.

So I guess you put me in my place. Thank gosh an Xmod can go 25MPH!!!!! That makes all the world right. No more Americans dying in the Iraq, no more tax breaks for the rich or oil companies!, no more "best buddies" being put in charge of departments they have no reason to be put in and ignoring Americans suffering after a devistaing act of God. All because Randel can make an Xmod go 25 MPH. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Funny you should bring that up, we have donated at our cost over 10 car's to ative service troops in Iraq. Thay have been racing our cars at thier posts as close as the front lines, sence 2003. The first car we shipped to Sheram in Iraq as already finished his tour and return to the USA. we received a number of emails from the troops in iraq telling us how much fun they were having running our cars after returnning from thier post, and how it helped them to relaxe alitte and for a little wile forget about the danger they faced every day. i say a little wile cuz the bigest problem (not that you would have any idea because you have done nothing but bash others and snifle, complaine and blame others) was batteries so we sent them 10 sets of recharable batts and chargers. I am shure you already new this but you cant buy batts in iraq. we even made special edition cars only for service personal, and included letters and pix from all the kids in my daughters kindergarden class thanking them for risking thier lives for thier freedom.
So my question to you is what have you done?

think before you speak and make an ass out of yourself, you have just shown to everyone who reads this fourm, all you can do is make the problem wors and are not willing to step up and do something! I feel sorry for you, you say your are so concered about our troops in harms way but do nothing to help the ppl dieing to protect your freedom! and your right to have an rc and freely speak your mind however missplaced your comments are.

randel

briankstan
2005.11.02, 09:43 AM
Funny you should bring that up, we have donated at our cost over 10 car's to ative service troops in Iraq. Thay have been racing our cars at thier posts as close as the front lines, sence 2003. The first car we shipped to Sheram in Iraq as already finished his tour and return to the USA. we received a number of emails from the troops in iraq telling us how much fun they were having running our cars after returnning from thier post, and how it helped them to relaxe alitte and for a little wile forget about the danger they faced every day. i say a little wile cuz the bigest problem (not that you would have any idea because you have done nothing but bash others and snifle, complaine and blame others) was batteries so we sent them 10 sets of recharable batts and chargers. I am shure you already new this but you cant buy batts in iraq. we even made special edition cars only for service personal, and included letters and pix from all the kids in my daughters kindergarden class thanking them for risking thier lives for thier freedom.

think before you speak and make an ass out of yourself, you have just shown to everyone who reads this fourm, all you can do is make the problem wors and are not willing to step up and do something! I feel sorry for you, you say your are so concered about our troops in harms way but do nothing to help the ppl dieing to protect your freedom! and your right to have an rc and freely speak your mind however missplaced your comments are.

randel

WOW, I support our troops too,but don't you think your taking that comment a little far.

I beleive that his point was, that with everything else going on in the world is really pointless to bicker over who has what, or did what. Leaving political affiliations assided, does it really matter what kind of R/C you drive Xmod, Mini-z, or whatever.

One Little Comment and you just go off the top, extreme view like, My way is right and eveyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong, so I'll just force them to see my side, is how the world gets so screwed up.

It would be better to discuss your opinion in a calm manner, if you are going to rant and rave about this and that, I guess that the rest of us will just have to ignore your posts, and you can fade way.

I will give you props for sending the xmods to the troops, however bragging about it does you no good, maybe making the suggestions that others do the same, might be a little more tactful.

Brian

bda52
2005.11.02, 01:55 PM
First off, briankstan hit it right on the head of what I was meaning.

Funny you should bring that up, we have donated at our cost over 10 car's to ative service troops in Iraq. Thay have been racing our cars at thier posts as close as the front lines, sence 2003. The first car we shipped to Sheram in Iraq as already finished his tour and return to the USA. we received a number of emails from the troops in iraq telling us how much fun they were having running our cars after returnning from thier post, and how it helped them to relaxe alitte and for a little wile forget about the danger they faced every day.

I applaud you for doing that. That is a wonderful thing. Though I think they would have prefered you sending them body armour and the items they need to properly fight this war.

i say a little wile cuz the bigest problem (not that you would have any idea because you have done nothing but bash others and snifle, complaine and blame others) was batteries so we sent them 10 sets of recharable batts and chargers. I am shure you already new this but you cant buy batts in iraq. we even made special edition cars only for service personal, and included letters and pix from all the kids in my daughters kindergarden class thanking them for risking thier lives for thier freedom.

To the part highlighted in bold, I have not bashed you in any ANY way! I have no clue as to why you wish to pick on me.

And as far as my comments about the government, America has been lead down the wrong path now for 5 years and we still have 3 to go. I cannot wait for it to be over and get a true leader in office. I fear for our troops, they were told they were sent in to Iraq because they had WMD's. When that was proven to be false (and even Hans Glick from the UN's chief weapons inspector, remember him, did not find any WMD's before the invasion). Then the troops were told it was because of 9/11, proven not true. Then the troops were told we were liberators. Again a lie. Iraq wants nothing to do with the US and our 'collation' (England and what 2 other countries?). We went into Iraq because Hussian tried to kill Baby Bush's daddy and they happen to sit on one of the worlds biggest supplies of OIL.

Bush has already given monstrous tax breaks to his buddies in the oil business. In this last year they have recorded billions of dollars in profits in each quarter. Then when Katrina hit what did the oil companies do? Raised prices through the roof. This last quarter they recorded the highest profits ever!

Michael Brown, Arabian Horse Assocaition director, put in charge of FEMA. For a President who's battle cry is "remember 9/11" to put someone with NO experience was a bright move. How did he handle Katrina, by not believing TV and radio reports. Then by blowing off the one FEMA offical that was actually in New Orleans (the Superdome to be exact) and having dinner before he could reply to Marty Bahamonde's e-mail. http://www.heraldnewsdaily.com/stories/news-0088173.html

It is a very nice thing that your daughters class has done. Kids at the schools on my route still regularly send letters to service men and women weekly and receive replies.

For the troops, pray. Yes you have done much more than I have for the troops. But I have donated to hurricane relief funds. Americans are still suffering at home.

think before you speak and make an ass out of yourself, you have just shown to everyone who reads this fourm, all you can do is make the problem wors and are not willing to step up and do something!

Then this one is a two way street. Again, no where did I attack you but you are more than willing to attack me and others on this forum. Defending myself and other forum members from your attacks makes me look like an a$$??? Thank gosh I have a clear mind and a few friends on the board here that think otherwise.

Remember these are toys!!! Not the end all be all of existence.

I feel sorry for you, you say your are so concered about our troops in harms way but do nothing to help the ppl dieing to protect your freedom! and your right to have an rc and freely speak your mind however missplaced your comments are.

randel

Again, the troops, they joined the forces to protect and serve America and Americans, were put into a situation they did not sign up for. Afghanistan, yes, there have been proven links to Al Quade and I totally support our efforts there. Iraq, I cannot support the war but I can pray for the safe return of our troops, it was a President that imposed his will on others. Iraqis were not a threat to America or the American way of life.

From your comments in this thread: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19720

well beting your mini-z is already done you just dont know it, but what is it worth to you we dont work for free? Be more the happy to meet and it sounds like it would be fun compition and a great post after the race. but like i said we dont work for free. You have to pay to see the heavy weights! otherwize we just stay home and watch the friday night lightweights.

randel
USA VS. HONG KONG

It seems like all you are interested in is money. This is all supposed to be about having fun but it seems you want the cash. Why not just build your xmod up and try to get NASCAR to allow it to run on the circut so you can make money that way? Oh, better make that the NHRA since it will not handle a turn.

Also your attack on Twenty-Se7en in that thread was uncalled for. All he said was:

uhh... since when has 25mph been so fast? Xmods are only good in a straight line anyway...

Which is a very true statement (or was before the EVO came out, but then again at 25 mph and a weak braking system on the EVO corners would not be its friend), what did he get in reply...and note no where did he attack you or say anything at all derogatory about you:

well twenty 7 up what ever your name is you name we can do it, and no the new mini-z is not going to help you this will out turn it drop it off the line and walk on it on the straights. And we ant even half done with it yet! So you call it and will post it , it might sting alittle but its for your own growth!

Right off the bat you insult him.

As I read from that post, your xmod is not stock! Yet it seems like you keep saying over and over again 'bring me your stock mini-z and I will beat it'.

If someone did the same modifications to there Mini-Z, Iwaver, or Xmod they would go just as fast. Going in a straight line does not show driving ability, it shows you had more money and more time to go faster than someone else. You might have killer speed on the straights but what good is it when it take a couple of minutes to pull the car out of the rail? And that is if the tie rods and knuckles could survive an impact like that.

All in all, congrats on having a fast car. If I had the time and or money, I would do the same. Most of all have fun with it but please stop bashing people for no reason. I could have handled your 'attacks' on myself and others if they would have attacked you first. The only time anyone has is when you showed attitude toward others on the board.

We are all friends here and enjoy the hobby. If you can show more respect to all of us here, we will gladly accept you and one of our new friends.

briankstan
2005.11.02, 02:19 PM
Well said.

bda52
2005.11.02, 03:26 PM
Well said.

Thank you, as was yours.

helee4
2005.11.17, 03:11 AM
Please put an end to Randel's disrespectful attacks..

arch2b
2005.11.17, 06:20 AM
wow, amazing how some threads just slip past you entirely :rolleyes: anywho, i read any more slant replies and i'll do everyone a favor and recycle this thread.

f.y.i., we are an open forum i feel but such outright and in my opnion ignorant claims about this or that do not go over well here as this forum tends to have educated people rahter than younger, less experienced people. heck, even the younger guys seem to have it together here :p we all know the differences between the various rc's and what they are capable of or atleast a majority of us.

f.y.i., there is a drag section of the forum, if you have thoughts, posts etc. of that nature, please post them in the corresponding area otherwise, no one cares how fast you can get a car to go in a straight line.

Mondo
2005.11.19, 11:50 AM
wow, amazing how some threads just slip past you entirely :rolleyes: anywho, i read any more slant replies and i'll do everyone a favor and recycle this thread.

LOL! How true Arch, it slipped past me too!
Anyway, Randel and I have crossed paths in this Thread (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19713)
He obviously loves his XMods (which I may add have just entered the UK market) and we have to respect that.
More importantly we have to respect other peoples' opinions and respect other people as a whole
Hopefully this will not occur again and I think a Thread like this is interesting - as long as it doesn't go overboard.
Let's keep it peaceful gentlemen