PDA

View Full Version : Video Of the brushless xmods EVO

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 06:09 AM
second spped run getting better but a ways to go yet :eek:
http://www.one18th.com/GetGallery7955.htm

Twenty-Se7en
2005.11.01, 06:14 AM
uhh... since when has 25mph been so fast? Xmods are only good in a straight line anyway...

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 06:23 AM
uhh... since when has 25mph been so fast? Xmods are only good in a straight line anyway...

well twenty 7 up what ever your name is you name we can do it, and no the new mini-z is not going to help you this will out turn it drop it off the line and walk on it on the straights. And we ant even half done with it yet! So you call it and will post it , it might sting alittle but its for your own growth! :p

Twenty-Se7en
2005.11.01, 07:53 AM
hmmm... I think you insulted me but I can't dumb myself down to understand what it is...
I'm finished posting here.

imxlr8ed
2005.11.01, 11:04 AM
well twenty 7 up what ever your name is you name we can do it, and no the new mini-z is not going to help you this will out turn it drop it off the line and walk on it on the straights. And we ant even half done with it yet! So you call it and will post it , it might sting alittle but its for your own growth! :p

Pleeeeezzz !!!! Come to my GTG this weekend !!!! Pleeeezzzz tell me you are near the SE PA region.... Pretty pleeezzzz bring your Xmod to beat my MiniZ !!! Seriously !!!!

http://www.dorksonwheels.com

Put up or shut up ! I've grown tired of Xmodder trash talk !

Ninja
2005.11.01, 11:05 AM

omg, im pissing myself laughing, i can take a stock Mini-Z and smoke that little toy that you call an R/C car on a track. dont think I can? I highly doubt you have ever even driven a Mini-Z. There are a couple of us at our race club (me included) who have buily Mini-Z's that run over 50mph, using reguar brushed motors, big pinions, and regular NiMH batts. So whenever you drop that paper weight and decide to build a car with some real speed, come post again, thank you, and have a nice day

byebye
2005.11.01, 11:07 AM
I can't view the vid right now but is it being checked by radar? Brushless sound interesting and if it can be done that's pretty cool. You'll have to post setup and build info for us. Keep it up!

-Byebye

imxlr8ed
2005.11.01, 11:09 AM
Sorry... was a little harsh... it's good that you are trying to create better performance ! :D

(I'd just layoff on the trash talk a little, settle it on a track !)

Ninja
2005.11.01, 11:10 AM
I can't view the vid right now but is it being checked by radar? Brushless sound interesting and if it can be done that's pretty cool. You'll have to post setup and build info for us. Keep it up!

-Byebye

dont encourage him, he spent $125 plus to put brushless into an X-Mod, to only hit 25mph? come on man, i can beat that with a $12 motor, and a $10 FET stack

pHREDD
2005.11.01, 12:10 PM
hmmm... I think you insulted me but I can't dumb myself down to understand what it is...

LMAO...... :D

briankstan
2005.11.01, 12:32 PM
you guys are a little harsh, I look at it this way xmodders feel the same way about their xmods as we do about our mini-z's.

If it weren't for the xmod I wouldn't even be in this hobby, I agree that most of them haven't tried a Mini-z, but that fine, I don't think that we should be thrashing on them for that. I for one think it is great to have people posting about their experiences with them. I own several, but I don't see myself going to the extremes that some do. I still think that they have a place in our hobby, and the New EVO car is a great improvement.

You will noitce that he wasn't the one with the put down, just the retaliation to that attack.

Keep up the good work and post your experiences, I still highly recommend trying a Mini-Z if you haven't.

I have looked at the TiniRC xmod forum, this is by far the best forum out there I can see why he would come here. and We have a great community and response rate, better than anywhere else I have seen.

I wish that we had a xmod section, after all alot of us own them, and probably started with them. Just my opinion.

Let's keep it civilized :)

Brian

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 12:34 PM
Pleeeeezzz !!!! Come to my GTG this weekend !!!! Pleeeezzzz tell me you are near the SE PA region.... Pretty pleeezzzz bring your Xmod to beat my MiniZ !!! Seriously !!!!

http://www.dorksonwheels.com

Put up or shut up ! I've grown tired of Xmodder trash talk !

well beting your mini-z is already done you just dont know it, but what is it worth to you we dont work for free? Be more the happy to meet and it sounds like it would be fun compition and a great post after the race. but like i said we dont work for free. You have to pay to see the heavy weights! otherwize we just stay home and watch the friday night lightweights.

randel
USA VS. HONG KONG

Randel Stevens
2005.11.01, 12:41 PM
omg, im pissing myself laughing, i can take a stock Mini-Z and smoke that little toy that you call an R/C car on a track. dont think I can? I highly doubt you have ever even driven a Mini-Z. There are a couple of us at our race club (me included) who have buily Mini-Z's that run over 50mph, using reguar brushed motors, big pinions, and regular NiMH batts. So whenever you drop that paper weight and decide to build a car with some real speed, come post again, thank you, and have a nice day

Lets do it! the rumble in the jungle!!! you might wont to bring along something with some heat with that mini-z.

randel

USA VS. HONG KONG
The rumbel in the jungle

briankstan
2005.11.01, 12:48 PM
USA VS. HONG KONG
The rumbel in the jungle

Don't you know that both are made in CHINA ! :)

Ninja
2005.11.01, 12:51 PM
winning races on a track isnt about speed, we quickly found that out at our race club. but if you wanted to drag race, i can do that too, just may take me a couple days to build my car ;) besides, i dont see you making the trip to the US anytime soon just to go home with a "first place loser" trophy

Lionblade
2005.11.01, 01:37 PM
well beting your mini-z is already done you just dont know it, but what is it worth to you we dont work for free? Be more the happy to meet and it sounds like it would be fun compition and a great post after the race. but like i said we dont work for free. You have to pay to see the heavy weights! otherwize we just stay home and watch the friday night lightweights.

randel
USA VS. HONG KONG

To be honest, I've got no humility for someone who doesn't know when to stop talking crap.

Drag is drag. Road courses are road courses. Just because no car hits high speed, which is over 25 mph by the way, doesn't mean the cars are anything less. And with all that money you spent on making your Xmod go 25 mph, you could've either got a Z or sent it towards an RCP for yourself.

And lest you realize, you didn't beat a Mini-Z. That was a Mini-T..not exactly made for an onroad drag...even though it still won.

In all honestly, you could beat a STOCK Z with what you have there. And to think, you only needed to spend $125. Just keep in mind what could be done with the same amount of money to a Z...and that people do mod their Z's for drag, but they tend to build for a lot faster than 25 mph.

imxlr8ed
2005.11.01, 01:58 PM
Ok... I'm not gonna entertain this one anymore. :D

I thought I was a little harsh too Brian... apparently I got him all excited now.

Sorry guys ! :D

(pay to watch the heavyweights ? :rolleyes: )

bda52
2005.11.01, 02:04 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in "Mini RC" not in New Products? This is not a new mini-z product.

kehern15
2005.11.01, 04:22 PM
I am going to say this as nice as possible, that Xmod sucks. People can easily get their z's to go at least 40 mph. just drop in lithiums, a turbo, and a plasmamotic. (<---spelling??) as stated earlier, just going fast doesn't matter, one must have a car tuned to take turns, not just run in a straight line. I could probabley beat your xmod on a race course with my mzm. so please stop trying to defend yourself in saying that your xmod is a great racer, you are failing miserably at that.

Keher

briankstan
2005.11.01, 08:42 PM
I am going to say this as nice as possible, that Xmod sucks. People can easily get their z's to go at least 40 mph. just drop in lithiums, a turbo, and a plasmamotic. (<---spelling??) as stated earlier, just going fast doesn't matter, one must have a car tuned to take turns, not just run in a straight line. I could probabley beat your xmod on a race course with my mzm. so please stop trying to defend yourself in saying that your xmod is a great racer, you are failing miserably at that.

Keher

W wouldn't go that far, the new EVO can be a great racer, needs a better controler though, to bad they didn't make it work with after market stuff.

kehern15
2005.11.02, 04:32 PM
W wouldn't go that far, the new EVO can be a great racer, needs a better controler though, to bad they didn't make it work with after market stuff.
I am not saying that the EVO is not a great car, I was very impressed with the design and the overall look of the new xmod. I am just saying that generally, he shouldn't be bragging about his 25 mph xmod. (I wish that a new controller was made too, that was a big let-down)

Keher

Ibrake Ifry
2005.11.03, 08:04 AM
well, anybody that has brought their upgraded xmod evo to the track in staten island has gotten whipped on by everyone...they always come in last.
Kehern15 : I agree that lithiums a turbo and a plasmatomic motor is amazing for drag racing...in fact a friend at the track has one of these cars and has hit about 80 something kilometers on the speed checker with enough power to put it to the ground!
I do like your setup randel and it looks very professional but i doubt you would win on the track with a stock class mini z much less a modified one!

kehern15
2005.11.03, 11:53 AM
well, anybody that has brought their upgraded xmod evo to the track in staten island has gotten whipped on by everyone...they always come in last.
Kehern15 : I agree that lithiums a turbo and a plasmatomic motor is amazing for drag racing...in fact a friend at the track has one of these cars and has hit about 80 something kilometers on the speed checker with enough power to put it to the ground!
I do like your setup randel and it looks very professional but i doubt you would win on the track with a stock class mini z much less a modified one!
Yeah, I was exagerating about that stock Mini-z......lol.

Keher

will3kgt
2005.11.04, 02:08 AM
FYI I had no trouble beating an XMOD EVO with my MR-01....In fact I won by two laps.
25mph?...I can almost get that just by dropping an X-speed, bearings, 850 batteries, and a 12 tooth pinion. Let's not even talk about how fast my car goes with Lithium Ions and an X-speed. I must say the new xmod is improved but I'll spend my $60 on a used MR-02 before I even consider buying an ex-mod.

kehern15
2005.11.04, 02:57 PM
FYI I had no trouble beating an XMOD EVO with my MR-01....In fact I won by two laps.
25mph?...I can almost get that just by dropping an X-speed, bearings, 850 batteries, and a 12 tooth pinion. Let's not even talk about how fast my car goes with Lithium Ions and an X-speed. I must say the new xmod is improved but I'll spend my $60 on a used MR-02 before I even consider buying an ex-mod.
Well said.

gyrate
2005.11.07, 07:44 PM
this is a fun thread.. maybe we should pit the xmods and miniz against a well built 1/10. if all else fails, you can always run over the competition.... ;)

for what it's worth an xmod can beat a miniz but is very cost ineffective. to surpass a full blown miniz you might as well no longer call it an xmod since there is nothing left of the stock electrics and parts... that would be custom racers then.

Randel Stevens
2005.11.07, 08:08 PM
this is a fun thread.. maybe we should pit the xmods and miniz against a well built 1/10. if all else fails, you can always run over the competition.... ;)

for what it's worth an xmod can beat a miniz but is very cost ineffective. to surpass a full blown miniz you might as well no longer call it an xmod since there is nothing left of the stock electrics and parts... that would be custom racers then.

well that is why we posted this 1/28th brushless sys less then 150 bucks total and its plug and play. unlimited tourqe and as fast as dare drive you can sit and burn donuts or what ever you do underload till you get board. it runs at max load for over 1/2 hour wont over heat or even reach max operatating temps no matter what you. have have literally put the car into a donut put a ruber band on the triger and sat a watched it spin around for 10-15 min till the tires burned off the rimes, motor was not even warm. that is one of the test we did to gather data to bring to AREA 51. but anway i forgot my point sooo okkkkkkkkkk

i got to go

randel

oh email if you anyone wonts to see that video cuz its in our library

pHREDD
2005.11.07, 10:04 PM

???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

am I the only one here smoking crack?

TNB
2005.11.07, 10:15 PM
(I wish that a new controller was made too, that was a big let-down)
Two things would probably happen with a new controller: The overall price would probably increase and the target consumer would probably have second thoughts about purchasing an Xmod. In addition, those who also bring up the price difference between an Xmod and another RC would have less of an excuse--just look at when the Iwaver was more available. The one thing that helps SELL the Xmod is that they are so readily available--Just think if Kyosho or Iwaver had as many stores or if as many people actually drove a Kyosho.

bda52
2005.11.07, 10:19 PM
well that is why we posted this 1/28th brushless sys less then 150 bucks total and its plug and play. unlimited tourqe and as fast as dare drive you can sit and burn donuts or what ever you do underload till you get board. it runs at max load for over 1/2 hour wont over heat or even reach max operatating temps no matter what you. have have literally put the car into a donut put a ruber band on the triger and sat a watched it spin around for 10-15 min till the tires burned off the rimes, motor was not even warm. that is one of the test we did to gather data to bring to AREA 51. but anway i forgot my point sooo okkkkkkkkkk

i got to go

randel

oh email if you anyone wonts to see that video cuz its in our library

Does this mean that the PCB+Brushless motor costs less than $150? So you would still have to pick up the Xmod for $60 and AWD kit for $15. Plus GPM parts to take the slop out of the wheels on all corners. So are we looking at $225 plus the price of GPM parts?

And you were getting on the MA-010 costing $160 RTR or $130 for chassis set. Kyosho has already said the FETs are going to be upgraded on the new PCB so you might not even have to invest the extra $10 for FET stacks to run a hot motor. From the looks of it it will be less expensive (and no mod needed) to get the AWD Z up and running.

$95 plus what ever the cost of GPM parts would be less expensive. Looks like you might be able to get 2 AWD chassis sets for the price of the modded EVO.

What everyone here would be interested in is if the brushless motor would fit a Z. The company you are dealing with should consider produceing one that works with it.

Randel Stevens
2005.11.08, 02:01 PM
Does this mean that the PCB+Brushless motor costs less than $150? So you would still have to pick up the Xmod for $60 and AWD kit for $15. Plus GPM parts to take the slop out of the wheels on all corners. So are we looking at $225 plus the price of GPM parts?

And you were getting on the MA-010 costing $160 RTR or $130 for chassis set. Kyosho has already said the FETs are going to be upgraded on the new PCB so you might not even have to invest the extra $10 for FET stacks to run a hot motor. From the looks of it it will be less expensive (and no mod needed) to get the AWD Z up and running.

$95 plus what ever the cost of GPM parts would be less expensive. Looks like you might be able to get 2 AWD chassis sets for the price of the modded EVO.

What everyone here would be interested in is if the brushless motor would fit a Z. The company you are dealing with should consider produceing one that works with it.

If i had more time i guess i address all the points you have made but thay all seem to be off the point of our post. so will just leave it at this for apprx 150 this is a HOP UP SYS you can add to any 1/28th car. This hop up cant be compared with fet stacking big block V8 ENGINES, or any of that OLD NEWS. This is future embrace it what do you have to lose. Unlimited low end power and unlimited top end and a perfect power band all the threw every time no matter how hard you run this no matter how hot it gets. It will run for over 1/2 hour no matter how hard you drive it, the motor is mantiance free for the life of the motor. gee wiz you can actually concentrate on traction race set ups track condition and GOD forbit becoming a better driver, cuz you are on the track at least 75% more then anyother driver around and wile you are not racing you are chilling having a coke and a smile watching your competitors looking for weeknes lerning thier moves. I dont know about you but this is ware our drivers are i will keep them thier forever if i can. But that is just my opion and or how we do things.

randel

williams F1#3
2005.11.08, 03:12 PM
WHAT?!?!?!
I'm guessing English is not your first language.

briankstan
2005.11.08, 03:36 PM
WHAT?!?!?!
I'm guessing English is not your first language.

I'm feeling the same way, lots of words, but not really saying anything.. :eek:

byebye
2005.11.08, 03:42 PM
My guess is this- it will be the hottest ESC for the money. BUT you have to mod what ever you have to use it. So you have to mod the chassis and the motor mount on the MA-010. Some slight modding to the x-mods chassis. The mr-01/02 mini-z/iwaver chassis will have to be modded slightly as well. I'm sure it will be great and have great power but I don't see much interest in somthing custom without having to spends lots of mulla for the BEST chassis i.e. CF types. So can this be marketed towards us at minizracer? I say for the price only a few of us will.

-Byebye

HammerZ
2005.11.08, 04:58 PM
I have tried to stay out of this, but the big question I have is this. What kind of mods will be needed to the electronics to run that ESC? Will it involve removing something off the board or have wires hanging out? Sorta like the whoa nelly turbos, that is a fet replacement external board ESC. I can have a bunch more questions that stem from the one alone.

bda52
2005.11.08, 05:47 PM
Is this board compatible with regular Tx's or will it only work with the Xmod Tx?

Randel Stevens
2005.11.10, 12:15 PM
Is this board compatible with regular Tx's or will it only work with the Xmod Tx?

Currently you would use a standars am or fm tx, JR, futoba Hi tec ect.. witch we think is the best way to go cuz one less radio. in regards to stock board weather its a xmods or min-z wont matter we have 1/2 problem already solved as soon as we work on the other half, you will be able to use all stock tx and rx on eather xmods or min-z. A huge bonis to this ESC is you can run any batts and any amount and any kind, the esc reads the batt pack and programs its self.

randel

will3kgt
2005.12.04, 07:54 PM
I bet that EX-MOD wouldn't beat this!

TuNeR1989
2005.12.05, 12:34 PM
I bet that EX-MOD wouldn't beat this!

Actually i bet he could, from what i can tell that is a brushless on a mini-z platform chassis or similar and from the horrible pics it looks like your using lithium-ion batteries which no doubt cannot deliver the current the mamba needs to really get going, anyone with slight battery/electronic knowledge would know this. Also it looks like you motor is tilted a bit or off center. It also looks like its held in place by gum :rolleyes: And to top it all off your project or looks like it was rushed and therefore a shotty looking car.

will3kgt
2005.12.07, 05:06 AM
:rolleyes: No disrespect, but even as is..It would be racing an X-mod..Keep in mind, this is how I recieved the car. Once I tweak it and possibly put Lithium polymer cells in, I'm sure it wouldn't have any problem taking out the X-mod. (Isn't that the same X-mod that was pulling 25mphs on radar? :D ) FYI, I've sold, traded, and gave away cars that went faster than 25mph. Maybe that "speed demon" could drag race my 5yr nephew's MR-01 I gave him. Hopefully , none of the parts will fall off that ex-mod and ruin his car...Oh wait, never mind he'd have already passed the ex-mod at that point. :o

TuNeR1989
2005.12.07, 07:39 AM
:rolleyes: No disrespect, but even as is..It would be racing an X-mod..Keep in mind, this is how I recieved the car. Once I tweak it and possibly put Lithium polymer cells in, I'm sure it wouldn't have any problem taking out the X-mod. (Isn't that the same X-mod that was pulling 25mphs on radar? :D ) FYI, I've sold, traded, and gave away cars that went faster than 25mph. Maybe that "speed demon" could drag race my 5yr nephew's MR-01 I gave him. Hopefully , none of the parts will fall off that ex-mod and ruin his car...Oh wait, never mind he'd have already passed the ex-mod at that point. :o

I'm sure after some time is put into your z it will be one hella fast machine. Hopefully you make a thread soon as i would look foward to seeing a brushless z using a mamba.

About the 25 mph he was running the lowest gear combos last time i checked. Im sure if he put in a 12 tooth he could kill that speed.

Dont worry i own my share of fast cars also. ;)

will3kgt
2005.12.07, 07:50 PM
I'm sure after some time is put into your z it will be one hella fast machine. Hopefully you make a thread soon as i would look foward to seeing a brushless z using a mamba.

About the 25 mph he was running the lowest gear combos last time i checked. Im sure if he put in a 12 tooth he could kill that speed.

Dont worry i own my share of fast cars also. ;)
It's already hella fast. :cool: I really didn't mean to disrespect the X-mod, I was just defending my car. (It doesn't look messy with a body on it.) When the winter is finally over I hope to make some videos, and we'd all like to see how fast the X-mod can potentially go with a 12 tooth pinion.

TuNeR1989
2005.12.07, 09:02 PM
It's already hella fast. :cool: I really didn't mean to disrespect the X-mod, I was just defending my car. (It doesn't look messy with a body on it.) When the winter is finally over I hope to make some videos, and we'd all like to see how fast the X-mod can potentially go with a 12 tooth pinion.

Sounds cool man hopefully i can expect to see a thread for it soon. ;)

yamar6
2005.12.24, 01:12 AM
i have to put my 2 cents in.the xmod was made to race xmods.mini z &mini z awd by the way are the only ones out there the new awd looks like it should be the xmod.with the batteries and electronics 2 feet over the wheels.if hpi did take over the xmod i hope the 3rd gen will take a am radio and better plastic not to say it will kill the mini z but just to race them.there is nothing to compare to the mini z.one other thing kyosho should be kicking them selfs in the ass for leting toy companys make a awd car & awd truck before them oh they still don't have a awd truck.the mini z is the only thing kyosho makes good cause there is nobody else that makes them.

jaeneke
2005.12.25, 03:59 AM
well... about the speed of the xmod... its expensive...

i also had an xmod and fully tuned to go fast ! even around a race track !

so i spend 350+ dollars(i have to remind you i'm from europe where those damn xmods are expensive) on it like li-ions, fet upgrade, wire upgrade, everything stage 2, alloy, AWD , steering improvements and so on...

the car did 46mph on a speedchecker and let's say 40 on the road.
and it could almost turn like a miniZ.

then i bought my IW02 stock accept softer tires and bearings, and out of curiosity i asked a fellow xmod/miniZ driver to race my xmod against my 02 because i was stunned by the 02's handling.
the 02's top speed was 12.5mph on the speedchecker lets say 10 on the road.

so i raced it and the xmod got beaten up ! on a straight of 32 foot the xmod flies by but then it chrashes because of the poor handling or couldn't make the turn right because of the excessive braking.

even if i drove the xmod i couldn't win against the nearly stock 02 !! even if i calculated my turns perfectly !!!

i sold the damn thing(xmod) and spent that money in tuning my 02 :D
it now can outrun EVERY xmod driver i know even the new owner of my xmod that has put a better motor in it and it goes about 49-50mph on the checker and a better acceleration !! :D :D

TuNeR1989
2006.01.01, 04:49 PM
well... about the speed of the xmod... its expensive...

i also had an xmod and fully tuned to go fast ! even around a race track !

so i spend 350+ dollars(i have to remind you i'm from europe where those damn xmods are expensive) on it like li-ions, fet upgrade, wire upgrade, everything stage 2, alloy, AWD , steering improvements and so on...

the car did 46mph on a speedchecker and let's say 40 on the road.
and it could almost turn like a miniZ.

then i bought my IW02 stock accept softer tires and bearings, and out of curiosity i asked a fellow xmod/miniZ driver to race my xmod against my 02 because i was stunned by the 02's handling.
the 02's top speed was 12.5mph on the speedchecker lets say 10 on the road.

so i raced it and the xmod got beaten up ! on a straight of 32 foot the xmod flies by but then it chrashes because of the poor handling or couldn't make the turn right because of the excessive braking.

even if i drove the xmod i couldn't win against the nearly stock 02 !! even if i calculated my turns perfectly !!!

i sold the damn thing(xmod) and spent that money in tuning my 02 :D
it now can outrun EVERY xmod driver i know even the new owner of my xmod that has put a better motor in it and it goes about 49-50mph on the checker and a better acceleration !! :D :D

Sounds very cool, off topic do you have any vids of your 02?

Me personally i will always have a thing for xmods since they are what got me into the Rc hobby, but i still love my kyosho etc.

jaeneke
2006.01.02, 02:11 AM
Sounds very cool, off topic do you have any vids of your 02?

Me personally i will always have a thing for xmods since they are what got me into the Rc hobby, but i still love my kyosho etc.

no i dont have a vid of my IW02 but i do have one of my F1 with almost the same mods as my 02, ok the F1 can make turns faster but there is almost no difference in laptimes :
-Click here to watch IMAG002573 (http://media.putfile.com/IMAG002573)

ps, xmods are fun if you tune them like i did en then go out on a outdoor 1/10 track and smoke the 1/10 electro's and nitro's(the kind without the gearboxes :cool: )

Blackranger3d
2006.01.28, 04:31 PM
Xmods and Mini - Zs are like apples and Oranges. Very similiar yet so very different.

New Stock Price (for me in my area, maybe you can get it cheaper but for this comparision that is moot)
I have a Gen1 and a Evo, I also have a used MR01 which I just got, I am thinking of getting a new MR02 but they are blasted expensive.

(Canadian Dollars)
Gen 1 xmod $39 (yes the older one is more expensive it is sold by the company that used to be radio shack in canada)
Evo Xmods $34 (this is the New, only 4 stores, Radio Shack prices in Canada)

MR-01 $140 (very hard to find in Toronto)
Mr-02 $190 (very hard to find in Toronto)

So while the Mini-Z (out of the box) is faster, has a nicer body, and handles like a dream, and has a better controller (hobby level). IT IS 4 TIMES THE PRICE OF THE xmod. So it had better be better.

So Z owners grow up. Z's are better than xmods, why fight with people about it. It is like comparing a Volvo S60 to an M5. The M5 is a better car but costs a heck of a lot more.

Xmoders, grow up. Z's are better out of the box. Can you make an Xmod better than a Mini Z yes. But how much did it cost. It is like saying that after spending $200,000 on my volvo I can take on an M5 (extreme example)

So people lets all just get allong.

In my humble opinion both xmods and mini-z are great cars the both have their pros and cons. And they are both targeted at VERY different groups of people.

Xmods
- entry level
- lower budget
- allows more people to get into the 1/28th market
- More Toy than Hobby

Mini-Z
- Hobby Level
- Much Higher Budget
- Cost will be barier to a lot of people (like my wife she is just not down with the idea of my dropping $200 on a Car. And then buying more parts. She could except the xmods. :eek:

Give peace a chance....

Sorry for the bad grammer and spelling erros but I "gots" to go...wife is on my back to install a new chandlier. :mad:

byebye
2006.01.28, 05:59 PM
LOL nice and welcome!

-Byebye

Blackranger3d
2006.01.31, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I plan to be here a lot since I have decided to get an MR02. I hope to be racing soon.

machine
2006.01.31, 08:17 PM
After reading this thread (mostly out of bordom, as is the way all Xmod vs Z threads lead us) what exactly is this guy trying to tell us? Is he selling something? Inform us that there has been a break through in motor tech? What?? I just don't get it.....