PDA

View Full Version : 31Km/Hr with Stock FETs!!

cbkia
2005.11.02, 05:41 AM
http://www.mini-z.com.sg/forum/showthread.php?t=2043

byebye
2005.11.02, 11:12 AM
I've done 28kph on stock FET with an x-speed, ball diff, and bearings. It's doable but I think once under heavy load they will fry. Good job though!

-Byebye

Falken GT-R
2005.11.02, 03:48 PM
i got up to 34 kph with stock fets.

cbkia
2005.11.02, 05:05 PM
i got up to 34 kph with stock fets.

Wow!! Cool!!

What motor did you use to achieve it? Is it 8 or 9T pinion? How abt the spur gear, how many teeth?

Thanks!

byebye
2005.11.02, 05:10 PM
Mine was GPM diff and 9t pinion. I was accused of having a FET upgrade at the track. The guys in Sweden are running stock FETs and Atomic stock motors and are flying around the track. I've heard good things about BB cans too. I think the shop carries them. In one of my cars I run an x-speed in a bb can and it's pretty quick.

-Byebye

williams F1#3
2005.11.06, 12:02 PM
Wow!! Cool!!

What motor did you use to achieve it? Is it 8 or 9T pinion? How abt the spur gear, how many teeth?

Thanks!
I think he used a 47turn arm with stock magnets, BB case and a 9t. No torque though.

Falken GT-R
2005.11.06, 06:56 PM
exactly, the motor specs are right the armature was from a NM Speedy along with the bb can, the magnets were really stock from the the motor that came with the car. There is no torque at all it has alot of trouble just pushing the car, but i just wanted top speed anyway.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.11.06, 09:52 PM
with stock fets it is pretty easy to get about 30 km. you just need a bb motor and the right gearing, a 41t spur gear and a 9 tooth. Of course this setup should only be used for high speed courses since your fets could fry if you have to accellerate frequently from very slow speeds like around many hairpin turns, etc. there are many other tricks to getting a higher speed like drying out your bearings or you could just buy from the shop here which sell some dry bearings(the oil in normal bearings add resistance). Also cleaning and maintaining your motors clean including keeping the commutator shiny and true do really help. Replacing your brushes when needed and breaking in your motor also effect speed tremendously. Last but not least i dare say that the right batteries and chargers will also affect your speed. Any other pointers would also be interesting.

moparsteve
2006.01.31, 03:02 PM
driving next to a car i was doing 30+ mph, the fets didn't last to long with a RS stage 2 and lithiums. I have a new board on the way with upgraded fets, im going to go to a x-speed with lithiums. I have no traction problems with stock rear tires (oil shock, roll dampner, ball bearings, alloy wheels.) I killed my friends xmod with the same combo so much he went and got a mr-015 :D

Steve

reggiethedorf
2006.02.05, 10:36 AM
cbkia races at my local track, what he did recently was to add a heatsink to his stock fet. he was running really really hot motors but his car wouldent handle cos he couldent mount a damper cos of the heatsink.

Ibrake Ifry
2006.02.20, 09:44 AM
you know i have gotten 37 km/hr with stock fets by just advancing the timing and using comm drops...without the comm drops it was 33/34 kmh on a speedchecker...and oh by the way i was using a speedy 05