PDA

View Full Version : IFMSR Invitational

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 03:41 PM
Allright, this is what I've thought so far...

I'm starting it with an organization, something to sanction it.
I nternational
F ederation of
M ini
S cale
R acing

Something non-profit that every club can be part of for free...

TITANIUM
2005.11.03, 03:46 PM
IMSR seems to flow better...imo....

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 03:56 PM
Tentative date Late May, early June maybe the weekend of the 2-4 of June.
Classes Run:

Invitational class- 16 of the world's fastest mini Z drivers competing in a format similar to the one in the REEDY touring race. Drivers will have to qualify for this race through a series of campionships at local club level... Tentative 1st three qualified drivers are 1st-3rd at PN world cup modified MRO2 class.
1st alternate (substitutes)Stock Class Champion
2nd alternate Formula 1 Champion

Open modified- any fet mods any modified motor

Stock - no fet mods, perhaps a handout, perhaps any non-fet modified

Formula 1 - same as stock

As far as rules, still debating...
Cars will probably be of any manufacturer so long as to have a Kyosho or Iwaver plastic body. Electronics will have to be of either Kyosho/ Xmod/ Iwaver designation. No individual receiver-speedo-servo combo. No ADBAND until further notice.

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 04:05 PM
I will try and divide IFMSR into different world/ Country regions.
Region 1 will be TEXAS
(will be allocated 2 Spots for invite class)
Right now we only have 1 Club from texas involved HMSR, therefore there is 2 spots if another club enters, only one shall be for each club.

The number of Racers in the Invitational Class will vary depending on the number of clubs that sign up. If we get a lot of clubs to commit their drivers and membership then we shall see how many total drivers we include in the invitational class.

So far the 3 INVITED, qualified Drivers would be Rudy Rodriguez (California), Uri Valde (Spain) and Alan Mok (Cali).

If you are interested in having a club involved in IFMSR and a racing series to send your local hotshoe to the Invite class, or want to help in the planning of it, email me @ Ctabush@uh.edu

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 04:17 PM
The purpose of having clubs sign up would be to somehow "Sponsor" your own driver to go to the invitational class. Ideas might be to tack on a little extra couple of bucks to the entry in order to chip in for a money prize redeemable for some sort of travel accomodations at a local series race.

I don't want to go on too far because I know Danny Finley has his mini cup to do also. Maybe could be done as the final to the mini cup also, have to wait to see him in order to try to talk to him and organize something with him as well.

TITANIUM
2005.11.03, 04:22 PM
I
So far the 3 INVITED, qualified Drivers would be Rudy Rodriguez (California), Uri Valde (Spain) and Alan Mok (Cali).[/email]

ok I get the hint..
I won’t plan on a trip down...
but just curious?...why not other top contenders from the PN worlds event?
Why not Chad, Brian, Roland...etc...

ruf
2005.11.03, 04:50 PM
That would fill the class too quickly essentiall prequalifying the entire class. Historically, the Invitational class only has about 10 drivers. By prequalifying the top 3 drivers in the PNWC Mod class, you leave spots open for regional qualification or invitation. Typically the winner of the open Mod class get a guaranteed invite for the Invitational class next year. Sometimes the top Invitiational drivers are allowed to invite one or more drivers into the class. The mentality is that the fast guys know who else is fast.

As for you making the trip, the open classes comprise the bulk of the racing. The Invitational class is a highlight, not the whole show.

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 05:25 PM
Thank you Joe...
Yeah, the invite class is a shoot-out class for say your individual club champions...
The open class is a big race, like any other race...
If there is interest in making it just a big race, we can.

I'd just like to use the qualifying system through a local series race to determine the invited drivers... Sort of an IROC race...

imxlr8ed
2005.11.03, 06:04 PM
If everyone gets Core systems, and we all race by the same set of rules (I would suggest PN rules), and we all run the same RCP layouts once a week... we could just dump our results online... no travelling involved !

O.M.Z.S.

Online Mini Z Series ?

O.M.R.C.R.

Online Mini RC Racing ?

O.M.R.C.P.S.

Online Mini RC Points Series ?

bda52
2005.11.03, 06:28 PM
If everyone gets Core systems, and we all race by the same set of rules (I would suggest PN rules), and we all run the same RCP layouts once a week... we could just dump our results online... no travelling involved !

O.M.Z.S.

Online Mini Z Series ?

O.M.R.C.R.

Online Mini RC Racing ?

O.M.R.C.P.S.

Online Mini RC Points Series ?

I have to say that is a creative and cool idea. That would be a great idea for an unlimited class.

Otherwise, the drawback I see is there is no tech of the cars involved. Who is to say that all of the rest of us run as the rules allow but say B. Simpson from Springfield, USA is running a hot motor and 2x2 FETs and beats everyone by a few tenths of a second every week?

briankstan
2005.11.03, 07:32 PM
I have to say that is a creative and cool idea. That would be a great idea for an unlimited class.

Otherwise, the drawback I see is there is no tech of the cars involved. Who is to say that all of the rest of us run as the rules allow but say B. Simpson from Springfield, USA is running a hot motor and 2x2 FETs and beats everyone by a few tenths of a second every week?

More often then not, the stock car times are equal to or faster than the mod times, more speed doesn't always mean faster.

of course everyone would have to be on the honor system, but it's reality that someone will try to cheat.

I still think it would be fun.

Brian

ruf
2005.11.03, 08:11 PM
What you've proposed is the premise of the Mini-Cup series that Danny is trying to organize. This is something different. An Invitational class is intended as a BIG travel race and a showcase of the best talent there is.

arch2b
2005.11.03, 10:46 PM
i would be interested in trying this with you :p

i like the idea of just seeing how other clubs times vary given the same track layout and race settings.

TITANIUM
2005.11.03, 10:50 PM
It would be good to just do solo runs also...just to get the traffic variable out of the picture....

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 11:09 PM
Talking about the cheating part is exactly why I want to do a points series race at each club, I don't care if you really don't follow the rules, once you get here the rules will be enforced...
That way the fastest guy (champion of each series) in each club gets an invite to the mini Z invitational class. There would also be an open class w/ stock/mod for everyone to race, which would be a lot of fun also...

BTW, there is no reason why the modified cars should not be faster than the stock cars...

I usually run about 5-7 tenths of a second/ lap faster in modified... All the good drivers at out club usually do also. I found a couple of things wrong with my mod car that made it suck, that were very obvious. If well set-up I could have used a couple of extra tenths of second down the straight away to make it faster than stock...

CristianTabush
2005.11.03, 11:13 PM
It would be good to just do solo runs also...just to get the traffic variable out of the picture....

At the offroad invite we had here in Houston a couple of years back we used to have two minute time trials (2 of them) and they were used to score towards the total invite points.

So that is a possibility, a time trial would definetely be part of it...

leonen
2005.11.04, 02:18 PM
Fantastic and great idea.

A Worldwide organization to promote miniRC racing and also to set rules for worldwide tournaments...

We are building the foundations of the local FeAMiRc (Federación Argentina de Mini RC) who will be in charge of defining the rules and establishing the boundaries for miniRC competition countrywide.

The idea is to concentrate all the local clubs and together define these rules for racing, based on the most popular set of rules on tournaments worldwide, being PN one of them.

But miniRC is big and we need to focus on a lot of the different categories there could be (full stock - stock pro ... etc.. )

We'd be glad to join whoever is building this new Organization and help establish new base rules for miniRC racing worldwide.

Contact me via msn or mail, and I'll get you in touch with the FEAMIRC president, Santiago Vazquez.

You can count Argentina on this project !!!!

imxlr8ed
2005.11.08, 11:54 AM
People are dishonest !!!! :eek: No way !

I would basically say that it would have to be something between us club leaders to insure that all of our drivers participating in the online event would apply to the rules. I would have no problem teching in all of my drivers. Cheaters suck, plain and simple ! And like I said before... it's them that have to live with the knowledge that they couldn't cut it on their own skills !

As club leaders, if we go through with this, we should sign some kinda online promise... like, if I catch one of my crew cheating... I will post photos of their badly stomped MiniZ.

I pledge that I will make all of my participants adhere to the rules !
(if this actually happens ! :D )

leonen
2005.11.08, 12:07 PM
People are dishonest !!!! :eek: No way !

I would basically say that it would have to be something between us club leaders to insure that all of our drivers participating in the online event would apply to the rules. I would have no problem teching in all of my drivers. Cheaters suck, plain and simple ! And like I said before... it's them that have to live with the knowledge that they couldn't cut it on their own skills !

As club leaders, if we go through with this, we should sign some kinda online promise... like, if I catch one of my crew cheating... I will post photos of their badly stomped MiniZ.

I pledge that I will make all of my participants adhere to the rules !
(if this actually happens ! :D )

Plain nonsense. Let's be serious people!!!!!

imxlr8ed
2005.11.08, 12:56 PM
Plain nonsense. Let's be serious people!!!!!

I'm just kidding about the stomp pledge... thanks !!! :D

(nonsense ?... the whole thing ? or certain parts ?)

Anyways... sorry I posted about the idea on this thread, really wasn't the place to do it. As far as the rule enforcement, I'm just saying that it is up to the club leaders to maintain conformity to the rules. Who wants to start the new thread ? :confused:

imxlr8ed
2005.11.08, 01:35 PM
New thread... Briankstan beat me to it !

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=203410#post203410

CristianTabush
2005.11.08, 06:50 PM
The idea of this is to have an international series where EVERY track can participate regarless of track setup/ counting system/ car brand etc... THe start of a 1/28 scale organization that gives our very competitve class of racing the legitimacy that it needs to make it grow as a racing class...

leonen
2005.11.09, 10:54 AM
The idea of this is to have an international series where EVERY track can participate regarless of track setup/ counting system/ car brand etc... THe start of a 1/28 scale organization that gives our very competitve class of racing the legitimacy that it needs to make it grow as a racing class...

Exactly. The idea would include regional / country / continent / world wide events.

I think we should start by making Regional tounaments and countrywide.

But all this requires money, loads of. And somenone that will take charge of administrering the whole governing body, with it's continent/country/regional subsidiaries.

Clubs affiliated to this body, should pay monthly a sum of money, and there should also be some big sponsors that can put some cash too.

But as all that is kind of hard for some people, I suggest we start by creating the rules that will make those tournaments legal worldwide.

We should have several categories for touring cars (stock / pro stock / free) and also for F1.

Not brand affiliated. Allowing xMods compete againts iWavers and MiniZ and other brands as well.

And many more specific rules. We are ready and we offer our presence in this new World MiniRC Federation. We are now finalizing the set of rules for the FAMIRC. The argentine federation of MiniRc clubs. This will be the base for all the local set of rules in each club.

Who would represent each country and what other countries are in?