PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Z Racing?

Shaun
2005.11.06, 12:30 PM
Hey guys, has Z racing picked up yet? You all still have a set-up in the rec center?

A guy that lives toward ATL is really into Z's. He has ordered a lap counting system from Core. He has a track set-up at his house. The lap counting system is small and portable. Maybe we could have some organized races up at the rec center?

Later

pHREDD
2005.11.06, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, has Z racing picked up yet? You all still have a set-up in the rec center?

A guy that lives toward ATL is really into Z's. He has ordered a lap counting system from Core. He has a track set-up at his house. The lap counting system is small and portable. Maybe we could have some organized races up at the rec center?

Later

Sounds like a plan....we are racing on Thursday nights at the rec center, a few new members have joined.

Shaun
2005.11.06, 03:24 PM
How many people you been having on Thursdays?

pHREDD
2005.11.06, 03:35 PM
its a crap shoot. 5 to 8 is about average. we have had 12 show up but thats a little big for our room and track size.

JTrusley
2005.11.13, 07:27 PM
Hey Phredd! Do you happen to have a extra Diff for a Monster? Mine is bent.

pHREDD
2005.11.13, 09:38 PM
Hey Phredd! Do you happen to have a extra Diff for a Monster? Mine is bent.

sorry...no extra monster diff :(

Shaun
2005.11.14, 09:46 PM
Are you planning on being at the rec center this Thursday?
If so, what time?

pHREDD
2005.11.14, 10:06 PM
Shaun, you might want to pick another Thursday to drive up. if you were closer it wouldnt matter. We are in the middle of painting the room and fixing it up a little. We will be painting the whole night. You are more than welcome to come and watch/help us paint but I dont want you to drive all that way without warning.

Shaun
2005.11.15, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up pHREDD. I'm waiting for some packages to arrive anyway.

How early can you go into the rec center and run on Thursdays?

What sort of track layout have you guys been using lately?

pHREDD
2005.11.15, 07:28 PM
I think the center opens at 10am and closes at 8pm. we can access the room anytime its open. I think Ninja (Lamar) is off on THursday and he gets there pretty early sometimes. As far as the layout, we change it up about once a month. Its in a road course now. I hope we can hook up soon. MAybe do some 1/10 racing in the parking lot too.

Shaun
2005.11.15, 08:51 PM
Sounds good pHREDD. Next time I come up I'll bring my TC4.

If I come up I want to get there early so I can spend as much time as possible running on the RCP track. I wish it wasn't such a long drive for me.

Patrick aka - atlRC- should be getting his CORE lap counting system tomorrow. He plans on using a laptop with a video output so we can see race results in realtime on a seperate TV screen. Should be really nice! The system is very portable and he says he would like to come up for some organized timed racing.

We'll see if we can plan a day to come up.

pHREDD
2005.11.15, 09:02 PM
If atlRC can makt it up with the core system we might need to schedule a whole day of racing. I am sure most of the guys would be able to do it. Im even up for some Saturday racing too.

Shaun
2005.11.15, 09:14 PM
I think a whole day of racing would be great! Just need to figure out what day would be best for everyone. I'll talk to atlRC and see what days are good for him.

pHREDD do you have any F1 Mini-z's? Just curious.

pHREDD
2005.11.15, 09:23 PM
I have a couple of F1 mini-z's....and Allan's should be arriving any day. He got one off the bay...You havent met Allan yet. He is our newest member.

Shaun
2005.11.15, 09:30 PM
Cool! atlRC has a F1. He was looking for some more F1 racers to run with.
Looks like we could have a seperate class and run F1's!

I'm gonna be trying a new MM car. Got me a new FIRELAP F1 body. It's sorta like the McLaren. Can't wait to try it out.

What's new with you in the mini-z world pHREDD.

pHREDD
2005.11.15, 09:53 PM
New? We took a break from the Z-world this summer and started up some 1/10 nitro off road racing. We have raced Z's a few times this fall and decided to redo our race room. We are trying to start up a legit race club with the intent to attract new members. We have the support of the rec center and can get some local suport from the local news paper and cable companys. THe rec center has ask us to do a few exhibitions including driving RCíc in the Christmas parade. THe problem is finding a club member to coordinate everything. I just dont have the time.

arch2b
2005.11.15, 10:50 PM
New? We took a break from the Z-world this summer and started up some 1/10 nitro off road racing. We have raced Z's a few times this fall and decided to redo our race room. We are trying to start up a legit race club with the intent to attract new members. We have the support of the rec center and can get some local suport from the local news paper and cable companys. THe rec center has ask us to do a few exhibitions including driving RCíc in the Christmas parade. THe problem is finding a club member to coordinate everything. I just dont have the time.
hosting and coordinating is a very time consuming job. it tkes alot of energy and diligence not to mention time which is something i don't have alot of myself so i can sympathize.

dean
2005.11.15, 11:26 PM
I'm so eager to go 'Z' racing again ! ! ! Probably next week yahooo-cant wait. :p

lock n' load ...

Good luck with the new club!

Try to get the video of the MR-02 to somehow be displayed to your local audience.

and if someone with flash can ad some info , even better.

See video here ...
Movie02
http://www.mini-z.jp/modules/theater/index.php

Cute huh? ... and the Enzo is nice too. :rolleyes:

Shaun
2005.11.16, 03:36 PM
pHREDD - do you still have pics from the rec center showing some different layouts of the track?

If so, could you post a few of them. atlRC was wanting to check out the track.

Thanks

pHREDD
2005.11.16, 04:46 PM
pHREDD - do you still have pics from the rec center showing some different layouts of the track?

If so, could you post a few of them. atlRC was wanting to check out the track.

Thanks

I will have to wait until I get home from work But I will post a few tonight.

pHREDD
2005.11.16, 07:25 PM
http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421598279/0.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421597133/1.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421597133/0.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568702/46.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568702/40.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421568702/35.jpg

Shaun
2005.11.16, 07:37 PM
Thanks pHREDD.
What color are you guys painting the room?

pHREDD
2005.11.16, 07:42 PM
tan/cream color (free paint) Its should lighten it up a little

Shaun
2005.11.19, 10:29 PM
pHREDD - Do you have any extra RCP tracks you would like to sell?
I'm thinking of making a track at the house for practice. Maybe a Wide-L RCP?
Not really sure yet.

pHREDD
2005.11.19, 11:02 PM
pHREDD - Do you have any extra RCP tracks you would like to sell?
I'm thinking of making a track at the house for practice. Maybe a Wide-L RCP?
Not really sure yet.

No.... no extra, we are going to buy more for our club. We have 2 wide L's and may get 2 more.

Sorry Dude