PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver Crystals

lilskipro587
2005.11.07, 05:08 PM
ok i want to use my iwaver tx with my xmod and i know that iwaver crystals wont work in a xmod and xmod crystals wont work in a iwaver so i was thinking what if i got a iwaver tc crystal on the same frequincy (sp) as a xmod crystal would it work?!?!?!?!?!?!

briankstan
2005.11.07, 05:28 PM
I know that the xmod crystals will work in the mini-z and Iwaver chassis and after market controllers, I'm not sure why you still cant use the different controllers with the xmod. it just doesn't seem to be compatible somehow.

HammerZ
2005.11.07, 06:25 PM
I think the Xmods TX and RX has a weird setup that is different from the "standard" hobby type setups. I think that they have been designed that way for a reason, what that reason is I don't know.

leonen
2005.11.08, 11:07 AM
I know that the xmod crystals will work in the mini-z and Iwaver chassis and after market controllers, I'm not sure why you still cant use the different controllers with the xmod. it just doesn't seem to be compatible somehow.

Crystals are one thing and controllers another.

Crystals give controllers the frequency in which to communicate with the car.

The controller has a software that the car understands. The MiniZ cars software were developed with the basic set of rules of RC. xMods not. You can use a lot of common RC controllers with miniZ cars. But that's not the case with xMods, cause the ESC (Electronic Speed Control) unit on the xMODs is unique.

So, if you understand the difference between frequncy used to transport the commands, and the commands set itself, then you can begin to comprehend why xMods controllers don't work with the iwaver/miniZ and viceversa.

bda52
2005.11.08, 05:46 PM
I think the Xmods TX and RX has a weird setup that is different from the "standard" hobby type setups. I think that they have been designed that way for a reason, what that reason is I don't know.

Maybe if the EVO is a success, which it should be, maybe RS will release an upgraded Tx that is compatible with the EVO and Gen 1. Try to keep all of the profits in-house.