PDA

View Full Version : MR-01 with Honda Odyssey body...need help..

lookinco
2005.11.09, 05:08 PM
Hi I have a MR-01 chassis and I am trying to use a Honda Odyssey body. I know the Odyssey is a MR-015 MM, so what would I need to get to convert my MR-01 to fit?

After reading the forum for a few nights, I have got the following info:

I need a MR-02 MM motormount, MR-02 ball diff

Now I am not sure about the H plate, which one should I use? MR-01 H-plate? MR-02 MM H-plate? or MR-02 RM H-plate?

Are there anything else that I have forgotten?

Hope you guys could help!
Thanks

HammerZ
2005.11.09, 05:30 PM
You will need the MR01 plate for the MR01 chassis. If you use the MM pod you may need additional support for it like an upper shock set. The MR015, MR02, plates are different at the chassis end. The other way is to make your own plate to extend the wheelbase for the Odyssey. Even with the stock MR01 plate mounted all the wat forward with the MM mounted on it your wheelbase would be 102mm. I am not sure how long the Odyssey wheelbase is exactly, just tossing a few ideas here.

lookinco
2005.11.10, 01:09 AM
I know for a fact that the Estima body is 106mm, so I guess the Odyssey body should be 106mm as well.

In that case, does that mean I could use my MR-01 H-plate in the middle setting with the MR-02 mm motor mount to achieve the 106mm wheel base?

Also I was looking at the Atomic Damper Plate system, it seems that it would with on the MR-01 with MR-02 mm motor mount. Can anyone confirm?

Can anyone also confirm the wheelbase for the Honda Odyssey? I can't seem to find it.

byebye
2005.11.10, 02:19 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18161&highlight=Honda+odessy

Looks as though you can use the MM pod but obviously you CANNOT use any of the mr-02 h-plates because they are not designed for the MR-01. The MM pod makes the wheel base much longer so you may have to adjust the h-plate to fit the body. There is a thread in this forum that talks about the data of bodies. I'll try to find it if you don't.

-Byebye

lookinco
2005.11.10, 02:39 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18161&highlight=Honda+odessy

Looks as though you can use the MM pod but obviously you CANNOT use any of the mr-02 h-plates because they are not designed for the MR-01. The MM pod makes the wheel base much longer so you may have to adjust the h-plate to fit the body. There is a thread in this forum that talks about the data of bodies. I'll try to find it if you don't.

-Byebye

So I can use the MR-01 H-plate at the middle setting along with the MR-02 MM motormount. Since the MR-01 H-plate is 4mm longer then the MR-02 MM H-plate, I would need to move the H-plate to the middle setting (on the chassis) in order to get the wheelbase of 106mm. So that part should be taken care of.

Next is suspension, which one would work on the MR-01 with MR-02 MM Motormount? I am getting the Atomic alloy motormount for MR-02 MM. Would the Atomic Damper Plate system for MM work? I know it should work for 98mm wheelbase car like Enzo, but would the same suspension work for longer wheelbase car like the Odyssey?

lookinco
2005.11.10, 02:50 AM
I just thought of another thing. SInce the MR-01 H-plate is 4mm longer then the MR-02 MM H-plate. Coudln't I just get a 94mm motormount to go with the MR-01?

That way the 4mm longer H-plate and 4mm shorter motormount would cancel out each other and we would end up back to the same wheelbase as a standard MR-02 MM chassis.

Am I Correct?

byebye
2005.11.10, 04:57 AM
I can't answer your second question right now without thinking real hard. To answer your first question, atomic makes an extended wheel base damper plate. You'll have to check to see if the shop carries it. There is one made though.

To kind of answer your second question. The mr-02 rm h-plates are the same length as the mr-01s. The 94mm pod is for Rm and sits the same as the regular mr-01 motor mount in a laydown placement. Any 94mm motor mount will work with mr-01/015 bodies and the mr-02 mm motor mount will only work with a custom length mr-01 h-plate. I wonder why they never made one????

-Byebye

lookinco
2005.11.10, 05:27 AM
I have decided to convert my MR-01 to MR015, so that it should work with the Odyssey body or any other MM body.

So there is actually a extended Atomic Damper Plate made for the 106mm wheelbase? I have never seen it or could not find it anywhere.

byebye
2005.11.10, 11:30 AM
The shop carries it:
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17072&cat=273&page=2

-Byebye

lookinco
2005.11.10, 05:37 PM
Okay, so I am gathering parts for my MR-01 to MR-02 MM conversion. Here are the parts that I think I would need:

Chassis:
clear blue 02 chassis
titanium screws set

Suspension:
steering tie rod
knuckle
suspension c-clip
stainless kingpin
Up Down spacer
front springs
Atomic Damper Plate System
Atomic 106mm damper plate

Misc:
wheel lock nuts
MR-02 MM H-plate
MM motor mount

Servo:
MR-02 servo saver
servo gear shaft set

Did I miss anything? since I am getting all the aftermarket parts for the suspension, would I still need to get the Kyosho Front Suspension Parts Set?

Does the clear chassis kit comes with all the parts that I need?

Thanks for all the help!!!

lookinco
2005.11.10, 06:14 PM
One more question, I was looking at the Atomic MM motor mount and the PN multi length motor mount and noticed that they do not have the clip to hold the motor.

Is there a screw to hold the motor in place? If yes, do I need a special motor or would it work just fine with X-speed?

Thanks

HammerZ
2005.11.10, 06:39 PM
A screw on mount, you may need a PN ball bearing motor case that is drilled and tapped to mount that motor with. That would mean pulling the armature out and dropping it into that case. I have one or two X speeds in bearing cases that work very well, in fact the one in my Monster is wicked. It isn't hard to change them out, just watch your brushes. I start with desoldering the caps from the can, then I lift the endbell off. I don't remove it yet, just far enough to get the brushes out and set it aside with the wires still attached. Then pull it appart, and install everything in the new can after I checked that the parts all fit right.