PDA

View Full Version : Just put a 01 PCB into 02, now what?

lookinco
2005.11.11, 07:28 AM
I just finished putting a MR-01 PCB into a MR-02 chassis. Everything works fine except for one thing. The servo is reversed. I tried to switch the red and black wire to the servo motor and that didn't work. I also tried to switch the POT wire and it didn't work either.

So I took my MR-01 transmitter out and switched the servo around and it work beautifully.

The qusetion is, is the transmitter for MR-02 better then the MR-01 one? If i want to use the newer remote, what wires do I have to switch on the car?

Hope you guys could help.

El Tigre
2005.11.11, 07:57 AM
I just finished putting a MR-01 PCB into a MR-02 chassis. Everything works fine except for one thing. The servo is reversed. I tried to switch the red and black wire to the servo motor and that didn't work. I also tried to switch the POT wire and it didn't work either.

So I took my MR-01 transmitter out and switched the servo around and it work beautifully.

The qusetion is, is the transmitter for MR-02 better then the MR-01 one? If i want to use the newer remote, what wires do I have to switch on the car?

Hope you guys could help.

I've done it a few times, but I think if you reverse the wires that the steering FET's are connected to that would reverse it. Personally, I like the older radio better, it has less of a "toy" feel to it.

HammerZ
2005.11.11, 10:44 AM
Servo reverse at the car. The KT 5 don't have the servo reverse switches like the older KT 2 has. Yes, the KT 5 also has a "toy" feel to it.

lookinco
2005.11.11, 01:29 PM
I did try to switch the two wires and it indeed reversed the direction. Only problem is it would only turn all the way to the left or right. Also it won't go back to the middle onceI let go of the steering. I then reversed the wires again and it would be back to normal except that the servo are reversed :confused:

So is the KT2 just as good as the KT5 ?

byebye
2005.11.11, 02:55 PM
Hmmmmm??? You may have to switch both the steering FET wires and the servo motor wires until you get the desired results. Is the KT2 just as good as the KT5? IMO yes. Most if not all of us 2yr or longer guys started out on the KT2 and I for one was happy with it. The KT5 to me was just a new tx and had a slightly different and faster feel. Maybe it was the updated look but it didn't have the servo revers feature which having Iwaver PCBs in a couple of chassis would have been beneficial. I also think the KT2 steering wheel has the feel of a more expensive tx than the KT5. Of course now I don't have any of the KT2's(in storage).

-Byebye

HammerZ
2005.11.11, 04:03 PM
Did you switch the wires on the pot along with the motor? Both of those have to work together, from your post you just did the motor. On the pot the orange wire is jumped from one side to the center terminal, if it was switched at the board you will need to cut that jump and jump the green one over.

My MR01 board the wires were falling off anyway, so that is what I did to reverse the movement on mine. When I was done it has no more jitters to it, and even today is still works as good as it did when I was done soldering on it.