PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver vs. Xmod EVO

Roketmini
2005.11.11, 09:15 PM
Greetings Iwaver owners. As a long-time Xmod Owner ( I started 3 years ago and now I have 4 Cars, Including an EVO truck) I have decided it's time to find a new car. I've been looking at the Iwaver Saleen and the Xmod EVO Lancer and G35. The only problem is that since I have never seen an Iwaver in real life, let alone driven one, I'm not sure which of the 2 is better. I know the Iwaver has a far better radio and mainboard, but how is the stock performance? Thanks for your time.

machine
2005.11.13, 12:54 AM
Over an xmod? Hands down better. I've got both and the Iwavers are a better car, faster out of the box and handles better as well. You can also go for a kyosho Mini-z for another choice.

EMU
2005.11.13, 01:30 AM
You can also go for a kyosho Mini-z for another choice.For the best choice in this scale ;)

byebye
2005.11.13, 02:50 AM
Greetings Iwaver owners. As a long-time Xmod Owner ( I started 3 years ago and now I have 4 Cars, Including an EVO truck) I have decided it's time to find a new car. I've been looking at the Iwaver Saleen and the Xmod EVO Lancer and G35. The only problem is that since I have never seen an Iwaver in real life, let alone driven one, I'm not sure which of the 2 is better. I know the Iwaver has a far better radio and mainboard, but how is the stock performance? Thanks for your time.

I believe your question is what to get between the new iwaver and the x-mod evo. I've read alot about the new iwavers here on this forums from the guys in Sweden. They say it's steering is slow and the overall build quality is not as good as the previous iwavers. If it was my choice I would go with the x-mod evo.

-Byebye

bda52
2005.11.13, 05:03 AM
as of right now, the new IW02 has yet to be released in the US. Tower keeps pushing back the release date. It had been Mid Sept, then Mid Oct, now it says Mid Nov.

If you do not wish to invest in the best quality car in this scale, the Kyosho models, a decent option might be the Firelap 2.0. This is the rebranded old version of the IW02. It should run about $62 shipped to the US from TE. It includes the 10 model memory digital Tx.

The nice things with either the old IW02 or the Firelap 2.0 is that they come with alot of extra parts (both MM and RM motor pod, extra springs, tie rods) and the cars use the Kyosho MR-02 hop-ups. Currently I can only find the Firelap 2.0 available with the MCL F1 street version (no rear wing) body.

As far as the Saleen S7 body, it also has yet to be released in the US. According to Tower, the body will be $17 when released.

Since the new version of the IW02 is not available here yet, I am not sure what, if any MR-02 hop-ups will work with the new chassis.

Roketmini
2005.11.14, 06:15 PM
Over an xmod? Hands down better. I've got both and the Iwavers are a better car, faster out of the box and handles better as well. You can also go for a kyosho Mini-z for another choice.

I forgot to mention that I was looking in the below-100 dallars range, so I decided that a Mini-Z would be too expensive for my purposes, which is beating the battery juice out of my Gen 1 xmod racing friends.

kehern15
2005.11.15, 03:20 PM
If that is your case, then iWaver is the best choice for you. (Especially if you want to beat all your Xmod friends)

Razuky
2005.11.15, 05:47 PM
is he going to have probs with his friends range? i know when i tryed racing my xmod with mini-z's during warmups there radios would over power mine and i would have like 4 foot range just a thought im a nub dont even have my mini-z yet but i figured i would throw that out there

-Raz

briankstan
2005.11.15, 06:25 PM
I have races my xmod againts mini-z. the range is an issue if you are on the oppisit side of the track than the mini-z controllers. if you are all on the same side of the track it shouldn't be a problem. it's when you are far and the mini-z controller is closer to you car.

Razuky
2005.11.15, 07:04 PM
yea thats true and if its only one radio its not a big deal i was racing wityh like 3 or 4 kyosho radios out there