PDA

View Full Version : Pinions not working

G-force
2005.11.17, 03:17 AM
I just got an X-speed motor and installed it. I was running a 6 tooth pinion and it was really worn out so I tried to install a 8 tooth one. I have an alloy motor mount and when I go to tighten down the motor set screws now it creates far too much tension between my two gears. It's like anything bigger than the 6 tooth is too fat. Could this just be the motor carrier that I am using or am I missing something?

Thanks

byebye
2005.11.17, 03:25 AM
What kind of alloy motor mount? Is it the screw adjustable type? If so you need to loosen both front a rear screws and slide the motor away from the main gear until it meshes correctly. There are also alloy mount that are similar design to the stock mount that require the same spacers as the stock version.

-Byebye

G-force
2005.11.17, 03:48 AM
It's made by Topcad. It's this one...Topcad motor mount (http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_757_474_475&products_id=195)

It only has screws on the rear of it and there are no spacers.

byebye
2005.11.17, 05:01 AM
Okay a normal mr-01 motor pod or RM pod comes with both a spacer for top and bottom. In your case the screws are the top adjustment and the bottom uses the normal kyosho spacer. It's the longer spacer you normally get with the mr-01 rtr or mr-02 rtr. There are 4 spacers total, 2 for top and 2 for bottom. You need the wo long ones for the bottom.

-Byebye

G-force
2005.11.17, 01:57 PM
That was it. I just needed to use the 1.5 mm plate on the front side of the motor and it meshed perfectly.

Thanks for the help!

HammerZ
2005.11.17, 02:28 PM
My old alloy megatech mount is set up both ways so you can screw the motor on at the side, and also the rear strap that slips on with a screw to tighten against the can. I don't use the rear strap piece because the first thing it would do is dent the can against the armature. So if you use that setup, careful with cranking down on those screws.