PDA

View Full Version : just got my 02 but have a few?????

ol modder
2005.11.19, 04:54 PM
Im realy pleased with my 02 scooby impreza, out of the box its fast and smoother running than i thought!
I have plans to modify it but im a bit confused as to which parts fit my 02.
Can i use MR02 parts on my iwaver?
Also i would like some wider tyres for some extra grip, which wheel and tyre setup would i need and which body would i need to change to. I would prefer to stick with a subaru. Do they do a wide version?
Cant wait to get some nimh batterys cos it eats normal ones.
Help is much apreciated! thanks.

Shaun
2005.11.19, 06:54 PM
Yes, you can use MR-02 parts on an iWaver 02. But NOT on the new iWaver 02 that has the bottom plate constructed out of fiberglass and the seperate replaceable steering servo. It is a totally different car.

Don't believe they make a WIDE Subaru. Depending if you want to have a RM or MM car there are a lot of bodies that have use WIDE rear tires. MM has a longer wheelbase than RM. MM is more stable at high speeds.

RM - Rear motor mount = CLK, NSX, GT-R, F50, etc.
MM - Mid Motor mount = Enzo, McLaren F1, Murcielago, etc.
Try shop.tinyrc.com great selection of bodies and fast service.

Yes, NiMh AAA are the way to go. Get a fast charger and your set.
thomas-distributing.com has some great deals on batteries and chargers.

ol modder
2005.11.20, 05:10 AM
thanks for the help.
I think i have the old iw02, it doesnt have a seperate servo with it anyway.
Ill have a look at wider bodies and c what intersts me.
Thanks again.

Hypocrisy
2005.11.20, 01:32 PM
when it comes to rm bodies, the merchedes is probably the best. and if you get one, get the iwaver one, its slightly softer than the kyosho one, and wont crack as easily.
in mm the mclaren is the ticket.

Bones696
2005.11.30, 08:58 AM
when it comes to rm bodies, the mercedes is probably the best. and if you get one, get the iwaver one, its slightly softer than the kyosho one, and wont crack as easily.
in mm the mclaren is the ticket.

Corvette C5r seems to be a little better for an RM chassis due to being as wide as the Mercedes but with a lower center of gravity (fewer rollovers during high speed corners). I dunno if Iwaver offers the vette body though if he's wanting to stick with only Iwaver brand parts.

Both of the kyosho version bodies are VERY durable! I've seen / been in some nasty crashes at the track. The most I've broken (or seen broken) on a kyosho body while racing as many as 6 cars at a time on an RCP track has been minor trim/detail pieces (tail pipes, tail lights, head light covers and the rear view mirrors).

Just an opinion from someone that has raced with both bodies on 01 and 02 chassis.