PDA

View Full Version : xmods im thinking again

Mr.M
2005.11.25, 10:44 PM
well after i did about a months worth of serching on if i wanted a micro rs4, a mini z, iwaver, or xmod. I never liked the xmod becuse of 2 things i thnk of it as the ricer of the rcs, and 2nd it dosent have the same chassie as all the other 1/28 scale rcs. but now they are not what i think anymore there acualy good rcs from what people say and now i looked at radio shack becuse of sales for the holdidays and i was right 24.97 for a xmod. so heres the point to my posting how do i get a xmod drifting now that i want one, and i did search a little before i posted this. im hopeing that i can get away with the awd kit :D

bda52
2005.11.26, 01:40 AM
well after i did about a months worth of serching on if i wanted a micro rs4, a mini z, iwaver, or xmod. I never liked the xmod becuse of 2 things i thnk of it as the ricer of the rcs, and 2nd it dosent have the same chassie as all the other 1/28 scale rcs. but now they are not what i think anymore there acualy good rcs from what people say and now i looked at radio shack becuse of sales for the holdidays and i was right 24.97 for a xmod. so heres the point to my posting how do i get a xmod drifting now that i want one, and i did search a little before i posted this. im hopeing that i can get away with the awd kit :D

The Xmod that is $25 is the Gen 1 RTR. The turning radius on the Gen 1 is awful. Online the Gen 1 has been discontinuted, I am pretty sure the same will happen in the stores. That is why such the great price on the Gen 1. Getting the AWD upgrade for that model might be hard to find at RS stores.

The Xmod EVO is the one that everyone even here is somewhat raving about. It has much improved turning. That one costs $60 for the RTR. Add on $20 for the AWD and $20 for the bearing kit to take some of the slop out of the front end. Finally add $15 for the drift tires. So really it is $115 to get a decent drifter from RS.

The only real draw back I have run across with my EVO so far is the Tx is slow compared to Kyosho and IW Tx's. It is not a glaring problem, just noticable if you have experiance with either Kyosho or IW cars in the past.

If you are looking for drifting, you might consider the new Kyosho MA-010 that comes out December 1. MSRP on the RTR is $160. If you already have a Tx and body then the chassis only set has a MSRP of $130. Kyosho usually sends out the cars with pretty hard tires so if you have a low pile carpet, hardwood floor or smooth cement floor to run on you should be able to drift right out of the box.

Mr.M
2005.11.26, 11:25 AM
ok well that chages everything i thought about what rc to get, but thanks for the help. :D

Draconious
2005.11.26, 02:51 PM
go with the epochs ;)

will3kgt
2005.11.27, 04:42 AM
Hey Draconius. Hope to see you in Ann Arbor next Friday.