PDA

View Full Version : FM Conversion for MiniZ

Wolf
2005.11.27, 04:33 AM
We've managed to embed a FM receiver on the stock pcb. We've cancelled and removed out all unncessary component from the pcb. Then we did the same to our FM receivers. Then mounted them on the stock pcb.
Now we have 75FM and 40FM MiniZ.
We also made variations like direct fit, and socket version.
Pros of these upgrade is
- Broader range of frequency
- No need for high-end transmitters who can use "AM Modules"
- All functions of your TX (like EPA, Expo and etc) is compatible with your MiniZ
- Totally glitch free even in small closed areas.

I couldn't embed photos to this post so link to our gallery is below.

http://www.rcteamgo.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=135

techno
2005.11.27, 07:32 AM
very nice :cool: i guess kyosho has not moved to fm because of backward compatability issues and keepin cost down

arch2b
2005.11.27, 11:17 AM
interesting :p kenotap installed fm electronics in an xmods exolution a while back. oddly enough he said it ran smoother with mini-z electonics than the fm gear. i think he mentioned his esc not working well with such low voltage

Wolf
2005.11.27, 03:36 PM
We usually run XSpeed or 3Racing motors with 4562FET cars.
Our quals are 5mins and the finals are 20mins. We ran 950GPs for the finals.
Within this limitations our implementation caused no problem at all.
Formerly I was driving my car with the module for KO MiniZ. Now I've put my original 40FM module back. It is smoother than ever.

However if I use it more than 25-30mins due to high voltage (not the current) requirement of the receiver car wents of immediately without ant pre-implications. I guess this drawback is neglible.

ruf
2005.11.28, 11:35 AM
I invested a lot of thought into this and just decided to use Kyosho AD Band. :p

Impressive work though.

Dangerous_Soul
2005.12.19, 07:59 AM
Hi, wolf can we get the schematics of that conversion???

Or do you sell pcbs with taht conversion already made???

Wolf
2005.12.29, 01:40 AM
We are implementing this mod to our customers in the shop.

Also, some people sending their chasis and we are doing the conversion and sending it back.

Another issue is people using different receivers. We've used R133F, Hitec, Ko and some more receivers for this conversion. As a result every new receiver needs a new schematics.

Frankly, we don't have a target to grow profit from it but we couldn't have time to draw a good schematics for that. Just send us an email and figure out how we can help you on this.

gulfclk
2006.01.03, 03:54 PM
We are implementing this mod to our customers in the shop.

Also, some people sending their chasis and we are doing the conversion and sending it back.

Another issue is people using different receivers. We've used R133F, Hitec, Ko and some more receivers for this conversion. As a result every new receiver needs a new schematics.

Frankly, we don't have a target to grow profit from it but we couldn't have time to draw a good schematics for that. Just send us an email and figure out how we can help you on this.

What about the 1/24th scale chassis you were designing some time ago?

Wolf
2006.01.04, 06:17 AM
Hi,

We've made our first chasis last year. Run it several times. It is way better than Kyosho chasis however we couldn't find a way to make it commercial due to some production issues.

At the moment we are working on a new version. We've bough a CNC for our sleves. This reduces prototype production costs. We've examined many commercial and non commercial carbon chasis. We think we have better ideas (as all hobbiests :) :p )

Drawings of the chasis finished. we are trying to make suspension system better and fully adjustable. I guess first photos will be available within a week or so.

Some more news about TeamGO is, we've moved our facility. It was only 500sqft now we have over 5000sqft of space. In our new facility we have 1/10 EP track and we do also have bigger MiniZ track available.

Our championship will start 22nd of this month for MiniZ. Why don't you come and join for a race?

gulfclk
2006.01.05, 02:49 AM
Hi,

We've made our first chasis last year. Run it several times. It is way better than Kyosho chasis however we couldn't find a way to make it commercial due to some production issues.

At the moment we are working on a new version. We've bough a CNC for our sleves. This reduces prototype production costs. We've examined many commercial and non commercial carbon chasis. We think we have better ideas (as all hobbiests :) :p )

Drawings of the chasis finished. we are trying to make suspension system better and fully adjustable. I guess first photos will be available within a week or so.

Some more news about TeamGO is, we've moved our facility. It was only 500sqft now we have over 5000sqft of space. In our new facility we have 1/10 EP track and we do also have bigger MiniZ track available.

Our championship will start 22nd of this month for MiniZ. Why don't you come and join for a race?

Would e a bit far for a Z-Race ... from Belgium to Turkey. My wife would kill me!
Could you sent me pictures or copies of the drawings? Remember, I've tested your tires as well with a review on our website.

Tom

pev942
2006.01.24, 07:48 PM
have you ever tried a spektrum 2.4gz reciever with your miniz board

disq
2006.01.27, 08:14 PM
wouldn't that be interesting :P
but imo it would just drain the batteries too quickly. (or would it)