PDA

View Full Version : New pics

bolter9
2005.12.01, 12:17 AM
I just added a few new pics to my gallery, mostly F1- enjoy!:

Mclarens (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=2721&cat=500&page=1)

Various F1s (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=2720&cat=500&page=1)

blue cars! (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=2577&cat=500&page=1)

will3kgt
2005.12.01, 04:34 AM
You're building quite a nice collection of F1s. I'm impressed.

bolter9
2005.12.01, 11:05 AM
thanks!

damn things are so hard to come by- everytime I see one for sale, I "have" to buy it :p

The Jordan was actually a christmas gift for my father-in-law, but then my wife told me he doesn't like yellow, so darn....looks like I get to keep it (who wants to send something back to Hong Kong??!!). I bought him a Toyota instead :p

will3kgt
2005.12.01, 08:27 PM
Every time I bid on one on the bay, I lose. I don't understand why they discontinued them. :(

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.01, 10:15 PM
I didn't know that they discontinued the F1 line... that's news to me... sad news. I like my McLaren... I wanted another one or two like that.

arch2b
2005.12.01, 10:29 PM
why do people keep saying they are discontinued? i have heard no such thing from any shop or news from kyosho. as far as i know they just don't sell as much as the other chassis's thus less are stocked. mini-z mentioned new f1's (not new bodies) were to come with x-speeds possibly. i don't think he would tell me that if they were not going to continue.

please, if anyone ha solid evidence that they are no longer in production, feel free to show us. until then i disregard it as rumour. :)

bda52
2005.12.02, 12:14 AM
I have seen the F1 chassis sets. There was a few pictured from the Toyko hobby expo and I have seen a couple of chassis sets on ebay. Ruf mentioned he saw the chassis sets and some F1 bodies when he toured Kyosho America also.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.02, 12:58 AM
That's good to hear Arch... I thought there was quite a large F1 following, not compared to the racers but the F1s are great cars.

bolter9
2005.12.02, 01:20 AM
I contacted Kyosho USA about this recently...

Here's the email I sent to Kyosho USA:

"Hi, I'm writing to find out what the status is of the Mini Z F1 cars. They don't seem to be readily available via US retailers- also I've noticed that they are no longer listed on the Kyosho America site. A lot of us in the Mini Z community feel that the F1 is the best Mini Z on the market, so we'd love to see them in the shops stateside. Also, I've recently seen an F1 chassis kit on ebay- is this something we can expect to see readily available too? Thanks! Sean"

Here's their response:

"Hello Sean right now no Mini F1ís are available. Later in the beginning of next year newer designs will come out and at that time we may bring more in. We do have the parts in stock for the older models. "

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.02, 01:04 PM
Woah... this means a slight redesign of the F1... that makes sense for the shortage... It will be like the MR-015 to the MR-01 I suppose. I'm really interested but also worried that if their production idea turns out to be a no-go that means the death of the F1 racers... hmm... price may shoot through the roof... I better try and get some to ensure my F1 racing days.

bolter9
2005.12.02, 01:52 PM
Woah... this means a slight redesign of the F1... that makes sense for the shortage... It will be like the MR-015 to the MR-01 I suppose. I'm really interested but also worried that if their production idea turns out to be a no-go that means the death of the F1 racers... hmm... price may shoot through the roof... I better try and get some to ensure my F1 racing days.

Well that's the ambiguous part- it could mean a redesign of the chassis, or just new 05 team cars. Although, they did refer to having parts for the "older" design still... which could indicate a mechanical difference of some type.

We'll have to wait and see...