PDA

View Full Version : Brakes; is this normal?

ol modder
2005.12.01, 01:22 PM
Hi there,
On my 02 iwaver it has the brake setup as most of yous know.
Is it normal for the wheels to lock up and then release and carry on rolling.
Dont get me wrong, the brakes really bring the car to a stop but i thought they would carry on braking until u let off the brakes?

thanks peeps :)

finder-of-good
2005.12.01, 08:56 PM
Hi there,
On my 02 iwaver it has the brake setup as most of yous know.
Is it normal for the wheels to lock up and then release and carry on rolling.
Dont get me wrong, the brakes really bring the car to a stop but i thought they would carry on braking until u let off the brakes?

thanks peeps :)
Yep it's a feature it's called ABS, so when you brake in a corner it shouldn't spear off.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.01, 11:16 PM
If you break for long enough the wheels lock up again... personally I don't like the abs function on the iwaver tx because it isn't accurate locking compared to real cars and stopping distance is better if you just shut it off ...

ol modder
2005.12.02, 12:33 PM
I tried with the abs off and i re apllied it because i didnt want to strip my spur or pinion gears.
Would that be possible, ive done it a few times on my 1/10 racers.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.02, 02:06 PM
With all the years that I've been racing I have never stripped a pinion or spur gear with the exception of once when I had the incorrect spacer applied and there was too much of a gap... as long as there is solid contact, reverse away!

ol modder
2005.12.02, 06:17 PM
cheers, il give abs a miss then and if it damages it then its an excuse to buy a ball diff :D