PDA

View Full Version : Can I install MR01 board into Xmod Evo?

Shrubba
2005.12.03, 02:31 AM
I just got an Xmod Evo today. I like the all wheel drive for drifting! (by the way, I also have a MA010 on order too)

Anyway, the steering glitches like mad, and the throttle twiches a lot too. It isn't the batteries, nor the crystal. I even tried my other gen 1 xmod controller (still had problems, but they were different)

So I am thinking this thing would actually be nice if I took my extra MR01 curcuit board and hacked it into the xmod evo chassis.

Has any one done this? My only concern is the servo. Is it possible to use the existing servo set up with the MR01 board?

Any tips, advice, or pointers are greatly appriciated!

Shrubba

byebye
2005.12.03, 04:00 AM
It's been done on both gen 1 and gen 2 x-mods. Do search for x-mod or x-mod evo. I did the gen 1 and had pics. A guy with the dcgtg bunch did an evo. It's a fun project and literally a project.

-Byebye

arch2b
2005.12.03, 08:47 AM
kenotpa will hopefully be installing an iwaver pcb into my evo today. i will make sure i setup the camera to record it all.

the difference afterward is night and day really. it makes the evo well worth the $60. now you just have to keep an eye out for cheap plastic breaks :(

Mazda787b
2006.01.07, 02:25 AM
Arch,

Did you ever get pics? I am doing the same thing, but need to know which POT and power wires go where.

TuNeR1989
2006.01.07, 11:12 AM
kenotpa will hopefully be installing an iwaver pcb into my evo today. i will make sure i setup the camera to record it all.

the difference afterward is night and day really. it makes the evo well worth the $60. now you just have to keep an eye out for cheap plastic breaks :(

Problem with the IW pcb and a xmods evo servo is it is too slow and doesnt center fully.

You might be able to fix this by using a kyosho steering motor.

arch2b
2006.01.07, 12:03 PM
no :( it was too late and we just wanted to get the conversion done and over with.

i'll try to get some pictures of my evo today but it's our gtg day so i'm going to be ultra busy