PDA

View Full Version : Short Track

Dusty Weasle
2005.12.03, 04:36 AM
I installed some new hardware tonight and needed a test track. This is the biggest open space inside my house so I made a very short track. :D

It is drivable, the short pinch-points in the corners make it tough. Can't go very fast.

bda52
2005.12.03, 02:04 PM
I installed some new hardware tonight and needed a test track. This is the biggest open space inside my house so I made a very short track. :D

It is drivable, the short pinch-points in the corners make it tough. Can't go very fast.

That makes Bristol look like Talladega! :p

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.03, 05:58 PM

That is the cutest RCP track I have ever seen... I guess if it were mini-tile it would get more cute points but that takes the cake for now.

byebye
2005.12.03, 06:29 PM
Don't know if you have a ma-01 on the way DW but that would be a great track to practice drifting on! One of the quickest ways for me and my fam to learn how to drift was in circles around a shoe on the wood floor. Your track is perfect for commercial breaks!

-Byebye

chuckyluv
2005.12.04, 11:30 PM
i will get you your evo this week and in regards to the post... we are thinking of doing a drift oval class. the evo drift kit will be a must for you so i'll send a couple pairs for you and yours as well!

Dusty Weasle
2005.12.06, 03:01 AM
Nope, I don’t have an AWD on the way, but I do have an F1 coming down from Canada… slowly… through the holiday post. Between that one and the two road cars pictured I’ve got more toys than I can justify. :D

However- I’d like to get a WRC next to round out my classes and I was wondering, will a WRC body fit the new AWD chassis? I haven’t gotten around to checking yet. The AWD seems more appropriate for that style than an MR-01.

If I ever get time, I want to set up a WRC course in my back yard to see if this will work: RCP single-wide tiles (alternated to lock the walls in) to form a narrow WRC type course. It would run a little uneven across the grass, prop up with boxes and such for elevation changes, and even leave walls off in places for those true-to-life precarious drops. With thick grass below the car should be safe.

(Yep, the grass is still green here in Phoenix. The leaves have just started to fall off the trees. They usually start growing back about 2-4 weeks later. Winter is painfully short here).

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.06, 07:03 AM
Kyosho states that the Subaru WRC 2002 works with the AWD at the medium chassis length. The only modification that needs to be made is a little cutting away of the body clips. ALso, you will want the chassis set or a wheel set because it will look best with 1.5 offsets in front and rear (narrow tires). The RTR comes only with 1.0 offset wheels.

bda52
2005.12.06, 11:43 AM
Yes, the Subaru does fit, the nose sits very high and the rear sits very low. There is about 4mm of clearance from the top of the tire to the bottom of the wheel opening in front, in rear the clearance is about only 1mm.

kehern15
2005.12.09, 10:25 AM
You must get wicked fast lap times!

Fayd
2007.11.10, 09:54 PM
i just LOVE how tony stewart is on the TV like YES MINI Z!