PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver 04 steering broken?

l2ickard
2005.12.05, 09:22 AM
Hi all,

First of i would like to let everyone know i'm a complete newbie to rc-cars.

I just received my Iwaver 04, everything was running fine for about 3 minutes, when the steering suddenly stopped working :confused:

It doesn't react at all when i'm moving the control, but it however makes sounds all the time as it would be running nonstop.

I opened it up and took a look and as soon as i turn it on the steering motor starts spinning without me doing anything.

Anyone know what's wrong with it?

Thanks

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.05, 04:40 PM
Sounds like your pot is not centered. It's the little black thing about the size of a dime but thicker. Also, if it sounded like the it was running non-stop then I would check out the connection between the servo motor and the gears... if they are contacting but not turning while the motor seems to be running glue the pinion on the servo motor in place (it could be slipping)

14u2catch
2005.12.06, 02:44 PM
new 04 or old 04 ? does it have a bumper or not

l2ickard
2005.12.06, 05:14 PM
Hey, it was the pot that was a bit out of place. I managed to secure it a bit better and now it's running just fine :D

However now I have another problem. I'm trying to switch to a different pinion gear, there was 3 of them that came with the package.

I can't get any of them working without it making a hell of a noise and seems not to fit in correctly :confused:

Am I doing something wrong? What should i keep in mind when changing them?

Thanks guys!

bda52
2005.12.06, 05:22 PM
look in the instruction manual, there should be plastic squares that were included. You will need them to shim the motor so the pinion will make contact with the other gears. I forget which thickness is needed for which gear.

l2ickard
2005.12.06, 05:35 PM
How many "plastic squares" is it that come with the package? I only got 1, which is very thin...about 1mm.

bda52
2005.12.06, 06:37 PM
that would be one of them, I forget how many there are total. I think 3. There might be one or 2 already in the truck. When you pull off the clip that holds on the motor, check there. There may be a more of a rectangle piece already on the inside of the case that the motor itself presses against.

To get the correct shims and what they look like, check in the instructions. I believe it would be in the last few pages where it shows you which are the correct ones to use for which ever pinion you choose.

l2ickard
2005.12.07, 09:42 AM
Yeah i have two shims, one was already in the case.

And i'm using them according to the instruction manual, but still it's not working correct.

I'm starting to think i might have gotten the wrong pinion gears or something, they just don't seem to fit :(

Samuelf
2005.12.15, 03:39 PM
Yeah i have two shims, one was already in the case.

And i'm using them according to the instruction manual, but still it's not working correct.

I'm starting to think i might have gotten the wrong pinion gears or something, they just don't seem to fit :(

That happened to me with one of my monsters... I got a gear set for a touring car instead of the ones needed for the monster. Kind of weird "fault" in packaging...