PDA

View Full Version : Place to buy

miniznewb
2005.12.07, 01:09 PM
ver 02 new one and the only place i founf to buy replacements is t o w e r but i do not have a credit card any one no were else i can buy them

Draconious
2005.12.07, 01:12 PM
in this shop... click shop above ;)

I would recomend a Kyosho car instead tho...

miniznewb
2005.12.07, 05:12 PM
well part of my message got cut off but i have the newest iwaver or and this hsop doesnt have nay of that

Draconious
2005.12.07, 06:41 PM
they will... email shop or wait for the items to be added to the shop code...

mini-z
2005.12.09, 08:32 AM
IW-02 ReadySets (new type) can be found here:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=281

RE parts, we have some on order, but post or email a list of what you need and we'll make sure we have some coming - thanks! :)

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.09, 09:23 AM
Mini-z... your Readysets/Ready to Run page is like 3 pages long. When can we expect to see subcategories under the headings. Like Readysets -> MR-02 and Readysets -> MR-015 and so on. It is amazingly hard to find things still. I know the Christmas rush and all that but will it be soon?

EnTg888
2005.12.16, 11:20 PM
Oh man... are you guys finding this car at LHS's? I just went to one... $150 for an iw-02?!?
(their mr02's are only $129, oddly enough)

miniznewb
2005.12.16, 11:58 PM
no i got mine at t o y e a s t fpr 86 shipped

Hypocrisy
2005.12.18, 08:24 AM
yeah t o y e a s t is the best shop if you want to buy iwaver cars or parts. i`m going to order another firelap/iw 02 car when they have them back in stock.
if you buy the new iwaver, buy a new servo at the same time, hitec or bluebird micro servo or something like that, that will fix the steering.. but i still havent seen any comparisions in laptimes so i would not recommend the new iw02 car yet.

miniznewb
2005.12.19, 08:53 AM
yeah t o y e a s t is the best shop if you want to buy iwaver cars or parts. i`m going to order another firelap/iw 02 car when they have them back in stock.
if you buy the new iwaver, buy a new servo at the same time, hitec or bluebird micro servo or something like that, that will fix the steering.. but i still havent seen any comparisions in laptimes so i would not recommend the new iw02 car yet.
hey were ani get one of those servos for mine. hye and also what model do i get i saw some hitec on tower hobbies but what model do i need for a new iwaver 02 with miniz board

Taazz
2005.12.19, 10:44 AM
Based on my experience with the new Iwaver so far I would not recommend buying it. The chassis is plastic not fiberglass, the servo does need to be replaced or at least the motor (use a zip zap motor), the stock motor is half the speed of a Z or Xmod, the stock board does not appear to be able to handle a Z or Xmod stock 130 size motor (my range on both cars went to 2 inches after running the car with a stock Z motor in it for about 10 minutes) and I can not make the steering work on a Pro board upgrade (the tech department was kind enough to send me the Pro boards to replace the stock boards at no charge.)

If you do replace the servo on the new IW you will have to disassemble the servo remove the circuit board from it and wire the motor and pot wires directly to the board. This is because IW went with the old 4 wire board rather than a 3 wire board that would allow the use of hobby quality servos without modification.

So here I sit with two cars that don't run and waiting for the tech department to get their hands on a Pro board to try to figure out why the 4 (two that they sent me and two that I bought from Tower for projects) that I have don't work.