PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver 02 board question

miniznewb
2005.12.12, 07:26 AM
ok i have a new iwaver 02 and was wondering can you install a miniz board on it.

machine
2005.12.12, 10:44 AM
yes you can.

blakmoose1234
2005.12.12, 03:24 PM
hell yes, although I do not know if it is better than the new iwaver 02 pro board. Should be though, just worse FETS.

miniznewb
2005.12.13, 07:21 AM
not worried about the fets im gonna be putting a v2 on it any way

leonen
2005.12.13, 09:29 AM
not worried about the fets im gonna be putting a v2 on it any way

MiniZWeb.... -If you're asking about the new IW02, be careful, the new desing involving the separate servo may be not the same as the one used on the old PCb's.

It shouldn't be a problem, but..... ride with care. :cool:

EMU
2005.12.13, 01:35 PM
As far as I know, the new IW02 uses the same board as the old one. As long as the new chassis has a 4 wire servo, it should be the same hookup. If it has a 3 wire servo, with seperate PCB for the servo (like most hobby grade servo's) then there is no possibility that it is the same board as what was use before. From what I have seen, the new servo is just a case that contains the same style servo. Much like how the MR01 had a seperate servo case, which was incorporated into the chassis for the MR02.

If the board is the same as the old one, it should be no problem to swap in a Mini-Z PCB. It will have better steering, which is the weak point of the IW circuitry. The picture on Tower Hobbies for the PCB looks the same as the latest old version 02 boards.

leonen
2005.12.14, 07:37 AM
As far as I know, the new IW02 uses the same board as the old one. As long as the new chassis has a 4 wire servo, it should be the same hookup. If it has a 3 wire servo, with seperate PCB for the servo (like most hobby grade servo's) then there is no possibility that it is the same board as what was use before. From what I have seen, the new servo is just a case that contains the same style servo. Much like how the MR01 had a seperate servo case, which was incorporated into the chassis for the MR02.

If the board is the same as the old one, it should be no problem to swap in a Mini-Z PCB. It will have better steering, which is the weak point of the IW circuitry. The picture on Tower Hobbies for the PCB looks the same as the latest old version 02 boards.

The new Board is no way the same to the old one. I'll try posting some pictures of both for you to compare.

EMU
2005.12.14, 11:40 AM
The new Board is no way the same to the old one. I'll try posting some pictures of both for you to compare.
I would like to see them. Thanks.