PDA

View Full Version : Steering AGAIN

Dangerous_Soul
2005.12.17, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I have a iw02, and I have a problem. My Iw 02 runs perfect, no glitch while the batteries are full, but when it starting to run low on batteries, while I'm accelerating, the direction doesn't work. I think the steering servo doesn't get the amount of current needed to do the job. Does anyone modified that single servo FET (it's not a fet but that's fine..........) so that it can solve this problem????

If so please tell me :rolleyes:

Thank You

leonen
2005.12.19, 08:01 AM
Hi,

I have a iw02, and I have a problem. My Iw 02 runs perfect, no glitch while the batteries are full, but when it starting to run low on batteries, while I'm accelerating, the direction doesn't work. I think the steering servo doesn't get the amount of current needed to do the job. Does anyone modified that single servo FET (it's not a fet but that's fine..........) so that it can solve this problem????

If so please tell me :rolleyes:

Thank You

That's normal. No malfunction. Just low batteries. Exchange them for fresh ones and you won't suffer.

machine
2005.12.19, 10:16 AM
common amoug other RC cars as well once the battery dies out the car starts getting all funny and stuff. Change them and the car works great again. It'slike having new batteries in the car.
;)

Dangerous_Soul
2005.12.21, 03:37 AM
Even with new batteries if the engine is a atomic z1 the steering dont steer because it dont have the necessary amount of current tod do it. I know this is a common problem on iwavers. But I though someone already figured out and maked a upgrad

Draconious
2005.12.21, 03:58 AM
good time for that big capacitor? ;) that use to be sold to solder from+/- of batteries...

michvin
2005.12.21, 10:37 AM
But I though someone already figured out and maked a upgrad
Yeah, Kyosho did. They made mini-z :D :D :D :D j/k
None of the cars i know (don't have, just observe often it's ~40 cars) has this problem. The steering/throttle are normal till batteries are completely dead, but you don't want to go that slow anyway...
On the other hand, reception range decrease i did noticed..