PDA

View Full Version : Old style Super Slicks gone for good??

toyjunker
2005.12.20, 10:04 AM
I was at TRU yesterday in the middle of the lunch hour Christmas rush and found ONE single old style Super Slicks Monster. So I snagged it. :cool:

I've been meaning to pick one up for ages and mod it, but now that I see how hard to find they are, I can't bring myself to open the package!

Are these things really as rare as they seem now? Or is there a source that I'm overlooking? Even thE Bay seems completely void of them. If I can get one or two more, I'll mod them. If not, this one may go on a shelf with the few die cast collectibles I have while I contemplate it's fate.

Any other sources?

Ken Mifune
2005.12.20, 12:23 PM
new? My TRU was lousy with them. They had them on sale for $14.99 this weekend and there's a butt load left. And the wheel kits too. Rip yours open and run it, mod it, thrash it. Something better will come along.

TuNeR1989
2005.12.20, 01:14 PM
new? My TRU was lousy with them. They had them on sale for $14.99 this weekend and there's a butt load left. And the wheel kits too. Rip yours open and run it, mod it, thrash it. Something better will come along.

I think hes referring to the old style SS monsters not the mini-z monster type's.

toyjunker
2005.12.20, 01:24 PM
new? My TRU was lousy with them. They had them on sale for $14.99 this weekend and there's a butt load left. And the wheel kits too.

Not the new ones, the "old" SSMT's like this: SS site (http://www4.toysrus.com/superslicks/ssfl_carBrands_detail.cfm?carmodel=monster)

TRU had dozens of the new style Monsters with upgrade kits (bodies & wheels/tires).

Were wheel kits available for the old style Monsters? If so, I never saw them.

lilskipro587
2005.12.20, 03:46 PM
those new ones look like ****. the ones that are real high up :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anrath
2006.01.02, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I went to a couple TRU's the other day hoping to find the "Old Style SSMT" but neither store had any. They had a huge supply of the newer styles(Mini-Z Monster clones), so I picked one up for $19.99.
Pretty decent in stock form, havent had a chance to mod it yet. I was really wanting to try out one of the older ones. Perhaps I will come across someone looking to sell one. Until then I will work on the new monster.