PDA

View Full Version : CLK wheels

SkylineR34man
2002.03.17, 05:20 PM
hi i just got my new clk and i took the decals and stuff off it and put some new rims on it but the rims are still inside the wheel wells!!!!!!!!!!! plz help it looks kinda ugly:(

DAMZer
2002.03.17, 06:15 PM
The CLK rims have an offset which makes the stance wider than regular Z's.

Compare the The CLK rims with what you just put on, you'll see the diff!

:cool:

SkylineR34man
2002.03.17, 09:45 PM
ok thanks alot DAMZer btw wut is that car that u have au avator isnt that the ford concept car or something it was like in hte 3rd need for speed 4 computer or 2nd?

DAMZer
2002.03.18, 06:32 AM
It is an AMt/Ertl #8381 "Snapfast Plus" GT90 I found at a hobby shop. See my thread on Electric Blue One-Off for the history.....:cool:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=945

Ken Mifune
2002.03.18, 05:39 PM
Make wide rims out of stock rims, and wheels from a model kit.
Here's a pic showing them with regular width rubber but the rims are now 13.75mm (rear) and 11.5mm (front).
Sand the face of the stock rims flat. Glue the kit rims to the face of the stock rims after cutting an access hole for the nut (use the nylon lock nut because they're smaller).

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=14354

I also trimmed the flange off the stock rims (Audi TT).

Mondo
2002.03.19, 02:06 PM
Ken,

I can never be called a bastard, see I was at my parent's wedding :D

You method of widening rims is great, but not all of the Members have your talents when it comes to plastic model kits and custom Mini-Z's.
Next time you do some rims, photograph the process and show us poor 'wannabes' just how it should be done..

Hardtrukr
2002.03.19, 02:10 PM
DUDE!:cool: Ken, where did you get those chrome wheels?! Are they aluminum? :confused: :confused:

Ken Mifune
2002.03.19, 05:01 PM
The rims are from a Viper model.

herman
2002.04.15, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by SkylineR34man
hi i just got my new clk and i took the decals and stuff off it and put some new rims on it but the rims are still inside the wheel wells!!!!!!!!!!! plz help it looks kinda ugly:(

you can widen the front track width by putting some washers in the front axle just before you put on the rims... if you use gpm steering knuckles (i think they are a bit longer than kyosho's), you can add up to three washers. hope this helps :D