It's located in Kennesaw, Ga.

We run on Tuesday nights.

Anybody intrested in running their mini-z on the track
please leave message on the forum and I'll give you more
information.

Shaun

Wedginator
2002.03.17, 06:42 PM
that's an amazing looking track u got there... i want to run on it, but unfortunately, i live quite far away....

Shaun
2002.03.17, 06:53 PM
I wish you lived closer Wedginator!
We need more racers bad.

The lanes are wide and the straightaway is long.

Makes for fun racing.

Great track to start out racing Z's on.

jedgie
2002.03.19, 03:12 PM
What kind of carpet is the track made of?
I'm looking for a good surface to use for my track, the hardwood floor is too slick and tar paper is too hard on tires and alot of fibers become wrapped around the wheels, etc..

Crazy Chinchila
2002.03.19, 05:28 PM
the best carpet I have found is some indoor - outdoor stuff I picked up at home depot. it almost looks like a wool blanket but it is thinner

Shaun
2002.03.20, 07:45 PM
The track is made from Ozite Carpet. It's a thin carpet real popular for 1/10 and 1/12 scale R/C racing.

It's a good surface to race on but recently at the track we have noticed that there are many bumps developing on the track. These are caused by the much faster and heavier cars that race at the track. These bumps are getting worse and the more the track gets run on the harder it will be to race mini-z's.

The bumps on the track aren't such a big deal for the larger cars but for a mini-z it's a different story. You can catch major air over some of these jumps.

If you only have mini-z's running on your track these bumps would no come up at all. Track would remain flat and fast.

We're currently brainstorming new ideas for track surfaces and layouts. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Shaun

Hardtrukr
2002.03.20, 07:48 PM
Dukes of Hazzard Style!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

for a surface, maybe tar paper????

jedgie
2002.03.21, 07:39 AM
Is the carpet glued down or just stretched and stapled or nailed around the edges?
Gluing may keep it laying flat after the larger cars have been racing on it.

Surfaces I've tried:
-Tar paper: great traction; excessive tire wear and fibers in axles, etc..
-Hardwood floor: too slick, even with foam tires
-Black Photographic background paper: comes in rolls 12ft wide by 100 ft long; very good traction (not as good as tar paper), no fibers in axles, doesn't lay flat enough when rolled out. May work great if glued down but I can't dedicate my 15x35 foot area to a permenent race track.