PDA

View Full Version : Race Event - Saturday - 01/07/2005

AtlRC
2006.01.03, 04:32 PM
I will post an event announcement like this prior to each race. We will use the "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Race Location:
Alpharetta, GA
E-mail me for directions and contact info.

Time:
Doors Open: 12:00pm (if you’d like to show up earlier, please contact me)
Racing Starts: 2:00pm

Classes:
1/28th Open
1/28th Novice (limited to stock motors and novice level drivers)
1/18th Open may or may not be run depending upon who shows up.

Notes:
- We will use the Core Lap Counting software to setup the entire race (classes, racers, heats, etc). Last time we only ran some impromptu single races with the Core system.
- The finish line will be placed at the end of the back straight and a starting grid will be painted on the track.
- We now have a printer setup to post events and results.
- We will attempt to run triple A-Mains.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.
- Most of the grass has been removed from the track, except on the insides of the corners where the rumble strips are. This will be replaced as soon as a suitable substitute is found.
- Refreshments will be available to purchase.

Shaun
2006.01.03, 06:45 PM
I'll be there around 11:00am to get some extra tuning time. :)
I have to set-up my new MR-02. 1/28th OPEN for me please! ;)

See everyone there.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.01.03, 07:14 PM
i will be there have 2 cars up and running both open class i need directions agian

AtlRC
2006.01.03, 08:03 PM
Of course I'll be here. I'll be running my modified MR02.

My son Wyat will be running Novice with his Stock MR02.

Shaun - 11:00 sounds good.

Chad - I'll e-mail you contact info.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.01.08, 07:16 PM
Sorry fellas about not coming...i was called into work to do a service call on a phone switch over at COX enterprises. i am sorry i was looking forward to it....but I will differently be there for the next race

Shaun
2006.01.08, 07:27 PM
We missed ya Chad! We had a blast. We ran a NOVICE class and an OPEN class.
Next time we might run a STOCK class. Stock PCB and motor. :) Should be fun.

I think the next race will be on a Sunday. Patrick will post it here.

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.01.08, 07:31 PM
ok cool....hopefully i can change back to a stock motor....hard to do when you have a AM motor pod and all your cars but who knows...looking at a few new cars though be ordering it very soon

Shaun
2006.01.08, 07:43 PM
I went ahead and set-up a STOCK car and a OPEN car. Figure it will be easier than changing motors every race in the same car. I think the stock motors will breed some pretty close racing.

Here's the STOCK class car. The ol' iWaver. :)

http://www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shaunmac/stock.jpg

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.01.08, 07:46 PM
yeah look snice....think i will use my new car as my stock since the others will alrdy be fixed for the other classes

Shaun
2006.01.08, 07:56 PM
You gettin' a MR-02?

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.01.08, 09:28 PM
its gonna be a mro2 or AWD

Shaun
2006.01.08, 09:59 PM
AWD seems to be pretty nice. Haven't seen one in person yet. Would like to check out how they handle.

briankstan
2006.01.09, 09:45 AM
AWD seems to be pretty nice. Haven't seen one in person yet. Would like to check out how they handle.

The AWD handles pretty good. If you are looking of a racer I would still suggest the MR-02. It will take some time to get the AWD figured out for all out racing. The MR-02 will still rule on the track. IMO

Brian

Shaun
2006.01.09, 12:29 PM
The AWD handles pretty good. If you are looking of a racer I would still suggest the MR-02. It will take some time to get the AWD figured out for all out racing. The MR-02 will still rule on the track. IMO

Brian
That's how I feel. It still would be cool the have a AWD class.

Shaun
2006.01.10, 12:40 PM
Patrick - Are you planning on having our next GTG on Sunday 1/22?

I have this Sunday off. So it works great for me.

AtlRC
2006.01.10, 02:35 PM
Yes, Sunday the 22nd. I'll post an event reminder soon. I also intend to post our results from this race, but my computer is acting up at home. I'll get them out there ASAP.

I had a good time Saturday. I hope everyone else did too! I think participation will grow over time. I've started working on some flyers and I'll be sending out an e-mail to everyone in my neighborhood inviting them to come check it out too.

Chad -- I would suggest the MR02 so you can compete with the car that most people have... but the AWD would be a nice "other" car to have. So buy them both! We all want to see the AWD!

TruReaper(Chad)
2006.01.10, 03:10 PM
Yeah i want them both, but since i alrdy have 3 mr01's and a mr02 is nice but i would have to buy alot to fix it up....so i would just get something that noone has and just start out new.....btw im redesigning my track to have my running area but it will still be a 12x16 track

JJRACING
2007.01.03, 05:36 PM
does anyone know if Miguel has any awd. mini-z's.
I'll be there glitch and all, won't discourage me.
Hopefully Futaba transmmiter and crystals solve problem.