PDA

View Full Version : 9v Xmod?

Roketmini
2006.01.03, 04:37 PM
The battery holders in my friends xmod are shot, so I was thinking of putting in two 9 volt batteries (In parallel). Can a stock xmod handle 9 volts? Thanks.

TuNeR1989
2006.01.03, 05:17 PM
The battery holders in my friends xmod are shot, so I was thinking of putting in two 9 volt batteries (In parallel). Can a stock xmod handle 9 volts? Thanks.

Its rumored to be 8.4 volts max for the board.

And for the 9 volts there discharge rate is very very low, your better off with a 6 cell setup if your going for a easy cheap speed boost.

Roketmini
2006.01.03, 07:00 PM
...your better off with a 6 cell setup if your going for a easy cheap speed boost.

I don't really think that I want to do 6 cells, given that the car I'm working on has one usable battery holder and I have no Ebay account. The 8.4 volt limit isn't completley true*, but I don't have any sources to prove it.

TuNeR1989
2006.01.03, 07:28 PM
I don't really think that I want to do 6 cells, given that the car I'm working on has one usable battery holder and I have no Ebay account. The 8.4 volt limit isn't completley true*, but I don't have any sources to prove it.

Why do you need a ebay account to do a 6 cell?

Just pick up some holders at your local rs

Roketmini
2006.01.04, 04:55 PM
Why do you need a ebay account to do a 6 cell?

Just pick up some holders at your local rs

Hmm...good idea. Thanks

_iceman_
2006.04.03, 09:26 AM
hahaha gezz man this thread brought back memorys of when i had some london drugs pos car (if i rember right it was a rebranded tyco car you know the ones that used to come in a can? and you like unscrewed the lid and your car was on a stand?) and it took 2 AA cells underneath so a took a kinfe to the in side of the theng and made it take one 9 volt! Jezz did that wake the old girl up :eek: but then something messed up my radio and i couldent get the car to drive when it was more then 1/2 a foot away from me (NO FUN!) so that was the end of that LOL (i think maybe i should light it on fire or maybe try to guess what freqancy it's at and get a real radio for it?)

machine
2006.04.03, 01:43 PM
So you wnt to install 2x 9volt (square type) batteries in your Xmod? Doesn't a 9volt battery have like 150mah? So you'll get 300mah of power going to your motor, how does that make you faster? I though the higher the mah, not voltage, of the batteries the faster you go.
...thats how it works for everything else....

correct me if i'm wrong.

Mojar7070
2006.04.03, 02:09 PM
The higher the voltage gives you more power going to the motor and everything else (PCB and servo) resulting in more speed and the higher the mAh just gives you longer run time. I've done the 9volt mod before and yes it works and it does give it a boost but, the run time is between 5-10 mins because of the low mAh.

My 2 cents, maybe 3.....

machine
2006.04.03, 11:32 PM
flawed logic.

TuNeR1989
2006.04.04, 04:02 PM
The higher the voltage gives you more power going to the motor and everything else (PCB and servo) resulting in more speed and the higher the mAh just gives you longer run time. I've done the 9volt mod before and yes it works and it does give it a boost but, the run time is between 5-10 mins because of the low mAh.

My 2 cents, maybe 3.....

You forgot to mention that the 9V puts out barely any amps at all.

T Man
2006.04.06, 02:27 PM
Two 9V batteries will give you crappy run times. Just do the six cell setup or whatever. Can you really fit 2 9v batteries on the sides of an XMod anyway?