PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the car DOES decrease the car's tendency to flip

Wedginator
2002.03.18, 04:08 PM
I had my mini-z restored to it's original ride height and did a speed test in my street..... ran pretty fast and smooth but when i steered sharply the car would flip and grind the roof a couple metres before stopping.... (looks kinda funny) but anyways, I ran a couple runs and flipped everytime i wanted to turn... i got all fed up with the running back and forth to rescue my Z so i decided to lower it again.... this time, i used the bushings in those tamiya mini 4wd cars.... so 15 mins later, i got back on my street and ran it again.... and to my surprise as I turned sharply, my car didn't flip..... amazing....

MATT TINDELL
2002.03.20, 05:08 PM
I've done this and noticed that it helps as well.

NeedForSpeed
2002.03.21, 01:06 AM
How thick (mm) the bushing do you used for lowering (front /rear?) the car? And what body you used? :rolleyes:

Wedginator
2002.03.21, 07:48 AM
didn't measure the mm.... it's about the thickness of the plastic wheel bushings tho...

MATT TINDELL
2002.03.21, 03:35 PM
Ferreri 360 Modena didn't measure it yet.

PorscheGuy964
2002.03.23, 12:54 PM
On my car I use Motor bushings to lower my car.

I only lower the front of my car. I like the way it handles with it only lowered in the front. Plus it gives it a nice raked look especially with Z-Speeds, the rear wheels seem to be larger in diameter in the rear than in the front. But that could just be me....

MetaOrbit
2002.03.23, 08:19 PM
I used NML's lowering kit with my CLK body and Z-Speeds. One problem though...the CLK body is so low and the Z-Speeds are so wide, that I can't use the metal spacers in his kit for the front (otherwise I can't take turns). He has some fine shims in the kit that I could probably use for the front but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did use the thick metal spacers for the rear though to bring the high rear end of the CLK down level.

John

Strider-
2002.04.02, 03:15 AM
Wedginator are you using the bushings with or without the eyelet?

Wedginator
2002.04.02, 08:15 AM
without... I found the eyelets restrict the suspension travel too much...