PDA

View Full Version : help on a SSMT 4x4 1:24

elkie
2006.01.05, 04:10 PM
I got my 7yr son one of these for christmas, was going to get hime a miniquake but couldn't pass this $ plus the great reviews i've read and he loves it, and so did I. So i went and get me one, I also got him the f150 upgrade.

I got mine, just the basic out of box one, back in jr high i was big into rc trucks(had a orginial blackfoot, frog) and want to get backinto it. After seeing post on here and other places i wanted to mod mine a little bit.

First wanted to lock the diffs and this is what is now going on. Got both diffs out and put in superglue in them, reinstalled them, now the truck acts as if the batteries are dead, and these are brand new.
Did i mess something up. the tires move freely ,a little tighter then before, but since these are now locked i expected that, are spinning both when i turn them myself, but with the truck it barely craws....

I took of the motor mount and looked at the gears while i turned them by hand, and with battery. nothing looks as if it is binding up, I know i got everything back in correct, but still. i just have the stock motor and gear. Would the hummer upgrade fix this? anyone running a lock diff with stock gears/motor. I tried my sons speed motor, and it wouldn't even turn the tires off the ground.

Any help would be great! Thanks

byebye
2006.01.05, 06:56 PM
I got my 7yr son one of these for christmas, was going to get hime a miniquake but couldn't pass this $ plus the great reviews i've read and he loves it, and so did I. So i went and get me one, I also got him the f150 upgrade.

I got mine, just the basic out of box one, back in jr high i was big into rc trucks(had a orginial blackfoot, frog) and want to get backinto it. After seeing post on here and other places i wanted to mod mine a little bit.

First wanted to lock the diffs and this is what is now going on. Got both diffs out and put in superglue in them, reinstalled them, now the truck acts as if the batteries are dead, and these are brand new.
Did i mess something up. the tires move freely ,a little tighter then before, but since these are now locked i expected that, are spinning both when i turn them myself, but with the truck it barely craws....

I took of the motor mount and looked at the gears while i turned them by hand, and with battery. nothing looks as if it is binding up, I know i got everything back in correct, but still. i just have the stock motor and gear. Would the hummer upgrade fix this? anyone running a lock diff with stock gears/motor. I tried my sons speed motor, and it wouldn't even turn the tires off the ground.

Any help would be great! Thanks

Did you read this thread?
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19599

-Byebye

elkie
2006.01.05, 07:14 PM
yea, where i got my ideas on destroying my truck :)...but anyways

fixed it.

Didn't have the front diff in correct and was pinching the dogbone...

Anyone have any pics of the front end, and how the wire goes to the motor for the steering? mine are both off, purple/black, was part of my problem...

jdog711
2006.06.20, 05:54 PM
hey could you tell me how you got to the diffs? ive been trying but i cant really get to them. once you do, how do you lock them? thanks.

TuNeR1989
2006.06.20, 06:59 PM
hey could you tell me how you got to the diffs? ive been trying but i cant really get to them. once you do, how do you lock them? thanks.

Unscrew the front and rear cases. ;)

jdog711
2006.06.20, 11:20 PM
yea well i got to the front one fine but the back one had a screw that was kinda hidden and instead of unscrewing it cuz i couldnt get to it i just pulled hard and broke the support in half and got both front and rear diffs locked and put back together. now i have a new problem though. i broke one of the wires off the servo motor and after i soldered it back on it wont work. both are good solders, but it still wont turn either way. anyone know what could cause this? thanks.

alpha_003
2006.08.13, 05:19 PM
sorry to be such a noob....but i got my ssmt a little while ago an di gotta say.....these things ROCK!!!!!!! these are the best 20 bucks ive spend in my life. of course like anything they have their flaws, bu ti will fix those later. just one question.....can i do an XRM shock mod to SSMT?? or is there any other way of doing this aside from buying mini-z monster shocks and modding them???
i gotta say......this design is pretty ingenious....why couldnt kyosho come up with such an awesome 4wd system like these cheap toy store R/C's??? i hope they do something like this so there could be 4WD pverlands.......that ould be sweet!!!!
anyways.........sorry for being a noob

-Lino