PDA

View Full Version : Does your MZM race if you turn the transmitter off first?

SteveR1960
2006.01.07, 09:41 PM
Both MZMs I received will about 1/3 of the time send the truck into a full speed sprint if you turn the transmitter of before the car. Can't remember if it is a forward sprint or reverse sprint.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this just a feature of these where you have to learn to turn the truck off first?

Updated: I thought I had searched the web before posting this. I have now seen that someone else posted the similar question over at Mini Z World and got chastised for not knowing to always turn Tx on first and car off first.

DogbreathRacing
2006.01.07, 10:04 PM
ALWAYS turn off the truck before you turn off the transmitter.
This is the #1 rule of R/C

Turning off the transmitter first removes the radio signal to the truck and can result in a run-away :eek:

EMU
2006.01.08, 06:33 PM
If you dont catch it in time, it can be quite disasterous. I have seen quite a few FETs fry this way, when they run away while close to a wall/bumper on the track.

SteveR1960
2006.01.08, 08:22 PM
If you dont catch it in time, it can be quite disasterous. I have seen quite a few FETs fry this way, when they run away while close to a wall/bumper on the track.

Yikes - how does it fry? What makes this different than flooring it? After it's fried, I presume it no longer runs.

arch2b
2006.01.08, 08:33 PM
it hits an object and continues in vain to push thru it eventually exceeding the current draw and pook, small wisps of white smoke. i've seen it many times ;) infact just a couple minutes ago :(

SteveR1960
2006.01.08, 09:01 PM
it hits an object and continues in vain to push thru it eventually exceeding the current draw and pook, small wisps of white smoke. i've seen it many times ;) infact just a couple minutes ago :(

And after the white smoke? It's dead? I assume you can solder on a replacement FET?

arch2b
2006.01.08, 09:02 PM
yes, you can simply replace the fets in almost all cases and your good as new.

HammerZ
2006.01.08, 09:13 PM
i've seen it many times ;) infact just a couple minutes ago :(

Not this again? You have killed more fets than anyone else here. blow them like fuses.

Ken Mifune
2006.01.08, 11:01 PM
...blow them like fuses.Some of us used to run with a fuse inline off the ESC for 1/10 buggy.

Regarding the topic: The Tx... It goes on first and off last.

DogbreathRacing
2006.01.08, 11:12 PM
Hey Arch, you trying to push the furniture around the house
with your MZM again? :eek:

arch2b
2006.01.08, 11:19 PM
Not this again? You have killed more fets than anyone else here. blow them like fuses.
yeah, i know :rolleyes: i know i work my cars hard.... between my son and myself i bet i've fried more fets than most of the forum combined :( some people just get all the luck ;)

db, it was only a chair :p i leave the heavy stuff for the overlands