PDA

View Full Version : Core Software Updates

arch2b
2006.01.08, 08:20 PM
after installing the latest update, i noticed something funny happening

after setting time limit in the setup menu and going back to the race screen, the time limit would not show nor would the timer stop at the preset limit. this happened several times.

previously i had been able to scan in however many cars were placed on the loop. now i can only get 2/3 in at a time. also, if there are several cars on the loop, it will not pickup new cars until someone backs off the loop.

yesterday was the 1st time i've had a chance to run the latest update with more than 1 car

CoreAnalog
2006.01.09, 12:01 AM
after installing the latest update, i noticed something funny happening

after setting time limit in the setup menu and going back to the race screen, the time limit would not show nor would the timer stop at the preset limit. this happened several times.

previously i had been able to scan in however many cars were placed on the loop. now i can only get 2/3 in at a time. also, if there are several cars on the loop, it will not pickup new cars until someone backs off the loop.

yesterday was the 1st time i've had a chance to run the latest update with more than 1 car

We've had a few reports that the latest software update is having problems.
Best to fall back on the older version until we figure out the cause of these problems.

--Core

arch2b
2006.01.09, 06:18 AM
thanks,
will do :)

oh, another idea that i wanted to mention to you atleast;
rather than having the car iamge library folders broekn out into chassis types ie; mr-02, etc. could you simply have them all in one folder? the issue is, now that there are 4 chassis's out there; mr-01, mr-015, mr-02, ma-010, bodies can get moved around between them much easier than before. as it's currently setup i would have to go and copy/paste all the bodies from other folders into the desitnation folder i need to use. for example, using an mr-01 body on the ma-010... or using mr-02 body on a mr-015...

i'm not sure one large library would necessarily be the best answer but when selecting images it would be nice to have access to those found in other folders.

gasman1
2006.01.09, 07:18 AM
I downloaded version 1.1.0.0 and installed it. I'm still not sure what is different. See above post.

The one thing I did notice was wrong is that the picture library that I added to would not work in the new version. I did not overwrite the pics I currently have in the library during installation but when I went into edit a car the lists were different than what is actually in the "CARS" folder. I uninstalled the new version and re-installed version 1.0.1.0 and the car pick lists were all back again. What could be wrong here?

CoreAnalog
2006.01.09, 11:03 AM
I downloaded version 1.1.0.0 and installed it. I'm still not sure what is different. See above post.

The one thing I did notice was wrong is that the picture library that I added to would not work in the new version. I did not overwrite the pics I currently have in the library during installation but when I went into edit a car the lists were different than what is actually in the "CARS" folder. I uninstalled the new version and re-installed version 1.0.1.0 and the car pick lists were all back again. What could be wrong here?

The new version requires graphics to be in PNG format.

machine
2006.01.09, 11:20 AM
what was wrong with the old version? I don't have teh internet at the shop yet (damn phone company has us scheduled for the 26 of Feb). So is it worth me bringing my system home for the update?

gasman1
2006.01.09, 11:34 AM
What are the enhancements in the new version?

It would have been nice to know you guys changed the file format of the pic libraries before I spent an hour trying to figure out why my pics didn't load anymore and ended up reinstalling the old version.

A little communication goes a long way.

Dusty Weasle
2006.01.09, 05:35 PM
Changed to PNG format! I just finished creating a great many car images in JPG format. Could you please change it back or give us the option which format to use? People have been happily customizing your product for a while now, it’s rather inconvenient to have the format changed out from under us, and could even disrupt club events.

Another convenience suggestion:
I have over 300 edited sound files for different cars and their color/sponsor combinations. It would be nice if I could assign sound files by name to a TX.

In the TX Setup screen, Record “Fast Time” and “Takes Lead” create a file with a long sting of numbers. I must then hunt down and replace with these with my edited sound files, changing their names to match the serial string.

What I want to do is dump all my “NSX_Castrol_TakesLead.wav” and McLaren_FastTime.wav” type files into the Driver directory and from the TX Setup screen simply point it at the file I want it to use.

BTW, I’ll be releasing all these files to the web soon. I have a few more tracks to finish up to include for the track selector.

:D arch2b, I already did just that. I now have an “Mini-Z MR” directory with all the body types in it.

Dusty Weasle
2006.01.09, 08:32 PM
(Ok, I can’t edit my previous post for some reason)

Addendum:
It just occurred to me the PNG change is likely to provide transparency. Well, that’s good too. But like I said, it would be ideal if the program could read both JPG and PNG. Then users could only update the files they want to use the alpha channel, and leave the ones that don’t require it.

gasman1
2006.01.09, 10:19 PM
I used Paint Shop Pro version 9 to batch convert the pics from jpg to png format. It took about 10 minutes to do them all. I haven't reinstalled the latest version since I converted the pics

CoreAnalog
2006.01.10, 12:02 AM
Guys,

I think we fixed the problem with that last software release. Grab the latest and greatest from the Core download page (http://www.corespeedway.com/download.cgi).

We switched the graphics PNG because it supports transparency which allows for better looking graphics overlays. Sorry to all the guys who made some custom graphics. However, it's quick to convert your jpg's to png format :-)

--Core

machine
2006.01.10, 01:35 AM
I'm getting an access denied, I don't have a zip code, I'm in Canada. I've got my email adress and serial number.

CoreAnalog
2006.01.10, 02:35 AM
I'm getting an access denied, I don't have a zip code, I'm in Canada. I've got my email adress and serial number.

Send an email to support and we'll send you the correct fields to enter.

gasman1
2006.01.10, 07:25 AM
Send an email to support and we'll send you the correct fields to enter.

Again, what is new and different in the latest version? That question has yet to be answered.

Thanks

CoreAnalog
2006.01.10, 12:06 PM
Again, what is new and different in the latest version? That question has yet to be answered.

Thanks

Lots of little bug fixes. TQ and best lap displayed on main scoreboard. Racer database is more organized. PNG support to allow more flexiblity in graphics. Moving arrow that points to the racer that just passsed the gate. Theme database re-organized.

--Core

gasman1
2006.01.10, 01:00 PM
Lots of little bug fixes. TQ and best lap displayed on main scoreboard. Racer database is more organized. PNG support to allow more flexiblity in graphics. Moving arrow that points to the racer that just passsed the gate. Theme database re-organized.

--Core

OK, thanks. That helps. I saw the arrow but had no idea what it was for.

gasman1
2006.01.10, 06:07 PM
I downloaded and installed version 1.1.2.0 All my pics now work since converting to png format It scanned the car in with no problem however the laps don't count when the car passes over the loop. I tried a couple of transponders and they all scan in but don't count under race conditions. I reinstalled the original version and the laps count again.

machine
2006.01.11, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the info Core, got the download ok. Tried to install it and it says it's corrupt and i need to redownload again. When i try to download it again, i'm getting access denied again. Same info entered.

CoreAnalog
2006.01.11, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info Core, got the download ok. Tried to install it and it says it's corrupt and i need to redownload again. When i try to download it again, i'm getting access denied again. Same info entered.

The system only allows a couple of downloads for each user. We reset your account so it should work again.

--Core

machine
2006.01.12, 03:02 AM
awesome thanks i'm going to hit it now :)

Ok just d/l it and tried to install it and im getting the same error. See attached. I swear i'm cursed. :confused:

gasman1
2006.01.12, 10:09 AM
I downloaded and installed version 1.1.2.0 All my pics now work since converting to png format It scanned the car in with no problem however the laps don't count when the car passes over the loop. I tried a couple of transponders and they all scan in but don't count under race conditions. I reinstalled the original version and the laps count again.

CORE, any thoughts on this posting?

CoreAnalog
2006.01.12, 12:07 PM
CORE, any thoughts on this posting?

I know the previous version had this problem. Try grabbing the install program again.

--Core

gasman1
2006.01.12, 06:28 PM
I know the previous version had this problem. Try grabbing the install program again.

--Core

I downloaded the install program again and installed it. It still will scan the car in but not count the laps during a race. Now what? I put the old version back in again and it woks fine.

gasman1
2006.01.13, 08:14 PM
I downloaded the install program again and installed it. It still will scan the car in but not count the laps during a race. Now what? I put the old version back in again and it woks fine.

Core, any thoughts? Anybody else having this problem with the latest version?

machine
2006.01.13, 10:25 PM
so far my install isn't working.

machine
2006.01.15, 11:09 PM
cool everything works.

Anyone know how to get it to open with the loop hooked up? the -port nosensor isn't working.

gasman1
2006.01.16, 09:59 AM
cool everything works.

Anyone know how to get it to open with the loop hooked up? the -port nosensor isn't working.

How did you get it to work? My still doesn't count with the new version installed. Still haven't heard from Core as to why this is.

CoreAnalog
2006.01.16, 12:18 PM
How did you get it to work? My still doesn't count with the new version installed. Still haven't heard from Core as to why this is.

Not sure what is going on with your setup... Make sure you move the old directory out of the way when you install. Also, you may want to re-install the drivers in the winxp directory. When updating the driver make you you check the box that says you want to specify the location of the driver (don't let windows choose for you).

--Core

gasman1
2006.01.16, 12:59 PM
Not sure what is going on with your setup... Make sure you move the old directory out of the way when you install. Also, you may want to re-install the drivers in the winxp directory. When updating the driver make you you check the box that says you want to specify the location of the driver (don't let windows choose for you).

--Core

I completely removed any traces of the install before I installed the new version. The only thing I didn't do was reinstall the drivers. The drivers are for the USB connection for the antenna loop. I would think that if the cars were scanning in OK, the loop was working and should count laps.

Machine, what did you do to get yours to start counting?

machine
2006.01.16, 01:17 PM
I don't know, i just installed it. My loop is alittle larger than the requirements but it works fine. For a few runs it just stopped working all together. It wasn't until i noticed that my boy had unplugged the usb cable as it was the way of his hockey net....

Just to clarify, is it a totally new version or a patch to the existing program?

briankstan
2006.02.16, 05:15 PM
has the new version been fixed so it works correctly? I don't want to mess with something that works, and have problems.

how many people are running the new release without problems?

rlc77
2006.02.16, 05:37 PM
how many people are running the new release without problems?It works flawlessly for me. I'm running it on 2003 Server. It has only missed counting a lap one time out of thousands of times around.

machine
2006.02.16, 05:47 PM
works for me, but i've got it running on 2 comps, the new version at the shop and the old at home. Both work the same.

arch2b
2006.02.16, 07:59 PM
anyone try core on windows media center? it's basically winxp home correct?

hobbycar
2006.02.16, 08:08 PM
I have Windows Media Center (I really like it BTW). and I got a copy of the Core Software just so I can look at the results from our Ann Arbor GTGs to verify and email into HFAY for the OLPS. (David owns the actual Core Hardware that we use at our Ann Arbor GTGs).

So I installed it and tried to run it on Windows Media Center with the "-port nosensor" parameter but it wouldn't work (also tried it on my normal Windows XP computer with the same results).

If someone can tell me the correct parameter to use the software without the hardware connected to the USB I'll tell you if it works :D

-hobbycar

briankstan
2006.02.17, 09:24 AM
So I installed it and tried to run it on Windows Media Center with the "-port nosensor" parameter but it wouldn't work (also tried it on my normal Windows XP computer with the same results).

If someone can tell me the correct parameter to use the software without the hardware connected to the USB I'll tell you if it works :D

-hobbycar

I did download it and install it on my PC, it wouldn't startup with the -no sensor either, loaded the old one and it works fine.

briankstan
2006.02.17, 09:47 AM
core posted this in another thread

-port no-sensor-connected" to use the software without the system hooked to the computer

I guess I'll have to download the newest version and see how it works out.

hobbycar
2006.02.25, 07:12 PM
FYI, we ran the latest version of Core (I think 1.1.2) at our latest Ann Arbor GTG for the HFAY OLPS and Time Trials and didn't have any major issues.

Only minor thing was late into our GTG (maybe 5 hours into it?) we started to get glitches in our cars as we drove over the timing loop/starting line. Maybe it was due to our transmitter batteries having slightly lower voltages after running for so long? But it was an issue for several drivers.

-hobbycar

arch2b
2006.02.25, 08:20 PM
FYI, we ran the latest version of Core (I think 1.1.2) at our latest Ann Arbor GTG for the HFAY OLPS and Time Trials and didn't have any major issues.

Only minor thing was late into our GTG (maybe 5 hours into it?) we started to get glitches in our cars as we drove over the timing loop/starting line. Maybe it was due to our transmitter batteries having slightly lower voltages after running for so long? But it was an issue for several drivers.

-hobbycar
we had this happen tonight as well. we ran version 0.99.99.0

briankstan
2006.02.25, 08:39 PM
we had this happen tonight as well. we ran version 0.99.99.0

I'm running version 1.0.1.0 and haven't had any issues with missed laps. some drivers do seem to have a slight glitch over the loop sometimes too.

machine
2006.02.27, 09:45 PM
It happens to us from time to time, i think it's the transmitter signal getting weak. Small glitch while running over the loop close to the box. No missing laps just minor glitching.

briankstan
2006.03.13, 10:37 AM
I finally decided to download and install the latest version of the Core Software. it is version 1.1.2.0. this is what I found out. Let me first start by saying that I didn't have any issues with the previous version that I was running.

1. I had to convert all the custom theme .jpg to .png format for the new software to see them. A bit of a hassle but not to bad.

2. The system scanned the transponders with no problem. so I set up a race and gave it a shot. I soon found out that the laps weren't being counted. :( I put the car back over the loop, cleared the car out and scanned again. tried a race again, still not counting. :mad: I had a thought, put the car back over the loop and scanned it back in. read fine. I then updated the picture to a custom picture that I added in. Saved everything to the transponder and then decided to try again. set up the race and off I went. after passing the loop I got the lap "beep" confirming that the lap was counted. :) but :confused: I tried this same process with several of my transponders that I have in all my different cars. They all seemed to be doing the same thing. I determined that I would have to do this with all of my transponders. Now everything is working perfectly. We ran several test races with great results, it wasn't missing a lap. :D

Opinions:
I like the new format with the .png files. it supports transprent backgounds and that helped with the design of my new theme. I took the Red_Fleck theme the Dusty Weasle Created (man this guy is good with the graphics) and put a Salt Lake Mini-Z logo on there and customized it just enough to make it my own.

What I would like to see:
A more complete instruction manual on what the features are and what they do.

Core added a new race director that at the conclusion of the race will call out the finishing positions. I stumbled across this completely by accident. I had recorded some voice files for some of the cars. after we completed a race it called out that position. Really cool feature by the way. I would just like more info about it and what other things it can do. there is also a lap indicator arrow. I'm not sure what this does as I can't watch the screen and race at the same time.

Please provide a updated "Operation Manual" so we know what these new features are and what they do.

Thanks.

Brian

briankstan
2006.03.14, 09:56 AM
if anyone has figured out any of the new feature or has some knowledge about the race director please post them here. Thanks.

I got me a wireless keypad for my laptop so I'm able to utilize some othe the feature like calling out race positions. there is also a place that you can record some messages that you can play using the 0-9 keys during the race.

this would be very handy if you has someone managing the system while the rece is going on.

if you hit the "." befor the race is started it will read the settings for that race along with a role call of all the racers in the heat. (as long as the 0.wav file for that transponder has they name programed on it.)

I used the Att Text to speech Demo here. http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php to create the files so they are all the same voice and volume. I prefer the voice of Mike...US, and either Crystal...US, or Lauren...US.

arch2b
2006.03.14, 07:08 PM
we have been chatting about finding/using a screen sharing program to show the core results during races on the other monitors in our little track area. as of now, we don't have enough people to do all the fancy stuff with managing core and race.

briankstan
2006.03.17, 11:43 AM
So we tested out the latest software last night. I have mixed feelings about it. I really liked some the that additional features.

I was a little dissapointed when we would start a race and the laps wouldn't count for anyone as if the system didn't start. sometimes it took as many as 3 restarts for the system to start counting. I have no Idea why. Once the system started it would count and perform flawlessly.

Any ideas on why this would be happening? Has this happened to anyone else?

I like the new version, and I would hate to revert back to the older version, I never had a problem with it. The only thing that changed on my setup was the installation of the new software.

Core any info on this? Anyone else? your help is greatly appreciated.

arch2b
2006.03.17, 07:39 PM
i personally am waiting for flawless report of any updated veriosn prior to installation. i simply don't have the time to uninstall, reinstall whatever versions in hopes that i get one that works. atleast not with the hfay and dc points series ongoing.

CoreAnalog
2006.03.17, 09:24 PM
So we tested out the latest software last night. I have mixed feelings about it. I really liked some the that additional features.

I was a little dissapointed when we would start a race and the laps wouldn't count for anyone as if the system didn't start. sometimes it took as many as 3 restarts for the system to start counting. I have no Idea why. Once the system started it would count and perform flawlessly.

Any ideas on why this would be happening? Has this happened to anyone else?

I like the new version, and I would hate to revert back to the older version, I never had a problem with it. The only thing that changed on my setup was the installation of the new software.

Core any info on this? Anyone else? your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Brian,

We are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, we can't reporduce it on our computers.
We'll try to get a new patch out next week. Although it's had for us to debug when we can't reproduce the problem in the lab...

--Core

arch2b
2006.03.17, 09:33 PM
glad to hear you are continually working to make core better :) given my experience with core since the begining, you have done nothing but work to make it better :p

i hope to get soem time between points series to try some of the newer versions myself. right now i only get time to play during gtg's :(

briankstan
2006.03.17, 10:45 PM
glad to hear you are continually working to make core better :) given my experience with core since the begining, you have done nothing but work to make it better :p

i hope to get soem time between points series to try some of the newer versions myself. right now i only get time to play during gtg's :(

The new version has some really sweet features. I can live with the little bugs, I just wanted to make sure that they were aware of the problem. It's not as bad as laps being randomly missed during the race. Once it started counting for the first lap it didn't miss a beat. I'll be doing some more testing on this this weekend to see If I can reproduce the same thing here at my house.

One thing that is a little wierd is when you are changing a name and you click in the box where you type you have to type the first letter and then click next to it again to type the rest of the name. this was also the case in my previous version.

I do love the .png format with transparent backgrounds looks awesome when you add a custom car pick with just the car and now background.

briankstan
2006.03.17, 10:47 PM
Hi Brian,

We are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, we can't reporduce it on our computers.
We'll try to get a new patch out next week. Although it's had for us to debug when we can't reproduce the problem in the lab...

--Core

Thanks for your reply. Will you please post here when you get the patch done? Hopefully you can eventually reproduce this and figure out what is causing it. I still love the System as a whole.

arch2b
2006.03.17, 10:51 PM
brian, can you go into more detail on new features?

briankstan
2006.03.18, 01:29 PM
brian, can you go into more detail on new features?

first thing you will notice it the lap indicator. it's a arrow that jumps to the car that was just counted.

it you have audio files attached to the transponders ie. name at the end of the race it will call out the finishing positions and the coresponding names.

it also displays the fasted lap and the person that has it on the top of the page.

You can call out pre-recorded messages to the drivers while the race is going on.

Most the the features require a person to activate while the race is going on. but if you are running multiple mains it wouldn't be a problem.

the Feature that I noticed the most are all under the Race Director and it makes for a very professional setup and a great sounding race when you have the audio files setup. There is also a feature that will read the top lines and tell you of the race setup ie: "Mini-z MR-02 Round Qualify heat 1 Drivers prepare to race" then it does a role call for the cars that are in that heat.

I went through and used the ATT text to speech software to create files that say "Name", "Name Sets fast lap", "Name takes the lead". this was a feature available on my previous version also.

I think these all need to be done by using the mangage Event portion of the software.

Hope this isn't to jumbled and explains some of the cool new features.

Brian

briankstan
2006.03.20, 02:01 PM
I did some more testing this weekend. I setup my system with all the same things I had setup when we were having the problem. Speakers, wireless keypad, wireless mouse, Speakers, and the timing system. I had this all setup in my basement. I setup the races using the Event Manager and away I went. on the first start the horn sounded and off I went. I came around and the counter did nothing. I stopped the race and started it again. This time is started counting. I didn't have any other issuse the rest of my test. I ran about 25 heats and it didn't do it again. I'm happy with that and hopefully it won't occur again.

Brian

briankstan
2006.05.05, 02:50 AM
Well we just wrapped up another race night here in Salt Lake and I have to say the I'm very frustrated with the Core system tonight. The system we very unpredictable and was randomly missing laps and not starting to count once the races were started.

All in all it cost us about 2 to 3 hours of run time with starting, stopping, starting again and it still not working. I finally got so frustrated that I Un-installed the newest version and went back to my original version. Imagine that we didn't have any more problems.

I really love the new features especially the race diector feature and calling out the finishing positions when the race is complete.

I have spent alot of time on getting the system set up to give a very professional race experience, but with all the problems that I have been having with it lately I just couldn't take it any more.

This has to be a software issue, something that never occured until I loaded this latest version. Until that point My system had never missed a lap and had never failed to start.

This is a problem that I know a few clubs have had issues with and have had to revert back to the previous versions.

These problems need to be taken care of and either a new version of the software released or a patch to fix the current version and it needs to happen very quickly.

Core, You said you would be releasing a patch weeks ago and we have heard nothing.

Is this problem being worked on? could it be related to the first version I had installed? I uninstalled the program before installing the newest version.

Core please help.

gasman1
2006.05.05, 08:50 AM
I tried to install the newest version and had nothing but problems with it and reverted to the original version and everything worked again. I gotta say I am less than pleased with the customer support once you own the system, the lack of a complete operating manual and the increasing price of the F1 transponders that don't seem to work sporatically or not at all.

briankstan
2006.05.05, 11:09 AM
Is anyone using the new version with sucess? I wonder if it's only those that have upgraded to it from a previous version. The new versions are being downloaded with the newer systems and don't seem to be affected by this.

anyone have any other theorys?

machine
2006.05.05, 12:15 PM
still better than nothing.

I'm still using the first system after a horrible time with the new release software. I haven't seen any updates on the core website which looks to be dead.

I've got a few big races coming up and hope things work out well. Last thing i need to worry about during a big event is whether or not hte lap system works.

Core can you please update your website or post the issues here? It would be nice to have the new software working right.

rlc77
2006.05.05, 06:33 PM
Is anyone using the new version with sucess?

Mine works without a hitch. I didn't get mine until after the newest software was released. I haven't used it recently as I have been very busy with work, but no problems so far. :cool:

rharris
2006.05.05, 07:24 PM
Is anyone using the new version with sucess? I wonder if it's only those that have upgraded to it from a previous version. The new versions are being downloaded with the newer systems and don't seem to be affected by this.

anyone have any other theorys?

Brian,

I have not seen any issues with the system missing laps or with the system not starting the race correctly.

As to your theory that it's an upgrade issue: That could be true. But I ran a dependency walker on the exe and it looks like core is only shipping the .exe and no dependency dll's. There are only 4 things it needs and they should all be shipped with the O.S.

So, my guess is that if the problem is in fact an upgrade issue (something that makes sense after reading thru the posts) then it's probably data Dependant. IE, it only happens to you if you have race data that is from the old release. Perhaps it's the way you set up a race. Perhaps it has to to with how the records for cards were stored. Who knows?

Try this:
1. First copy off your c:\program files\CoreSpeedway directory so you don't loose your data.

2. Then un install the product. From WinXP start/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs.

3. Then reinstall and test the system as if it were brand new. Make sure to use the default theme. If initial testing is successfull, invite everyone over and run a race this way.

It's a long shot but worth a try. If this works, then shoot an email to core, and zip up all of your old data and send it to them (race data and themes) The hardest thing about debugging an issue is getting data that will cause the problem.

Just an FYI. After reading up on RFID, I decided to I tape my loop down to a piece of MDF board (1/8th inch thick) to ensure that the loop was exactly 12" across and shielded from metal under the concrete. So if the reinstall does not work, get a 24" x 48" MDF board (I got mine at HomeDepot) and give that a try.

One more thing, I'm running on WinXP with all the latest patches. Remember the dependancy walker? Core is using DLL's from the OS. If nothing else works, ensure that you are on a current version of WinXP.

Core - what OS are you testing on?
Core - any chance that this bug could be data dependant?

Good luck,

Rod

rlc77
2006.05.05, 07:35 PM
rharris.........Greetings, Fellow Geek. :D Even if your diagnosis is wrong, it's a very good deduction. I stand in awe. My only saving grace is that I'm a hardware guy and not a software guy. :D

rharris
2006.05.05, 08:38 PM
rharris.........Greetings, Fellow Geek. :D Even if your diagnosis is wrong, it's a very good deduction. I stand in awe. My only saving grace is that I'm a hardware guy and not a software guy. :D

LOL. My inner geek has been exposed.

I can empathize with the core team. Two things always kill you when you deploy software.

1. Environmental issues. Usually DLL Hell. I am very hopeful .Net will do away with most of this.
2. Data issues. It's a pain trying to figure out all the different paths folks will take thru your software.

I can go on and on about this stuff. To me it's fun. But I can usually see folks trailing off to sleep once I get going.

pinwc4
2006.05.05, 09:18 PM
We are running a clean install of the latest version of the software on Windows 2000 with the latest patches. We have not encountered any reoccuring problems starting races or with missed laps. In one race shortly after we got the system my car missed one lap. I moved the RFID forward instead of having it back over the motor and we have not encountered missed laps since.

The main problem we run into is interference from the loop causing cars to veer when going over the loop. We have tried different loop sizes and crystals and have not found any solution yet.

briankstan
2006.05.05, 09:22 PM
Rod, that is currently what I am doing. I did un-install the software prior to loading the latest version. I did however transfer some of the files from my previous version.

I was going to do a clean install and then see how it goes. I have been running on that software for some time and last night just all seemed to come apart. First is wouldn't scan the cars, then it would but wouldn't count some. then it wouldn't start counting.

We were running in a location that we had run in several times with the loop in the same place. I also have my loop taped to a thick cardboard exactly 12" apart so I know that's not it.

I hope to resolve this with a clean install. I'm hopeful to say the least. You know how it is when everyone has come together and then things are just impossible to get working right while everyone is waiting...

I'll keep you guys updated on what happens.

thanks

arch2b
2006.05.05, 11:36 PM
that is exactly why i will not be doing any upgrade testing during the hfay season. i have wasted many precious hours while everyone twidles their thumbs trying to troubleshoot and fix the core software during a gtg. nothing like a software glitch to make you feel really stupid infront of alot of people :rolleyes:

when it works, it's great. when it's down, you want to beat it.

i have noticed i have had to turn off/diable everything wifi in the entire area or i get interference.

only occasionally do we get steering inteference from the loop. it's never a consistent thing and never the same cars all the time. could it be power fluctuations?

byebye used clear sticky back paper to wrap my loop at 12" so that it could be transported easily and that worked very well. since then i also routed the bottom of the rcp tiles to fit the loop into the tiles. this works well too as you have no bumps in the tiles

briankstan
2006.05.08, 10:32 AM
I did the clean install with the software and ran some test with it yesterday. I still had problems with it not starting to count when the races were started. I ran it with the default theme. and all the default intall options.

I wonder if the un-install program is leaving something in there that isn't removed and is causing the problems when installing the newer updates. Maybe something in the registry?

any ideas on this. if all else fails I will go back to the earlier version, because it's less of a headache to loose the additional features than it is to deal with the problems I am having with it not starting to count. Re-starting the races can really affect the outcome because someone that gets a good start, might not get the same start on the re-start. sometimes we have to re-start 3 times to get it to start counting, and sometimes it works fine...

I hope core is working on this. I know We aren't the only club having this issue.

briankstan
2006.05.08, 01:53 PM
one more thing. Would it the un-install being run from the Control panel be any different then the un-install the is in the Corespeedway driectory?

I have been using the one in the Control panel. could this possibly be leaving program remnants that the other one would remove?

Core I know you have been busy with RCX, but it would be nice to have a response to these issues. It's has been months since these issues have been brought to your attention. Don't get me wrong I love the system as a whole but would like to utilize the new features that have been added.

It has to be software related due to the fact that is works perfectly with the older version. (old version I'm using 1.0.1.0)(new version I'm having issues with 1.1.2.0)

Thanks and I hope to hear something on this soon

CoreAnalog
2006.05.09, 02:49 AM
one more thing. Would it the un-install being run from the Control panel be any different then the un-install the is in the Corespeedway driectory?

I have been using the one in the Control panel. could this possibly be leaving program remnants that the other one would remove?

Core I know you have been busy with RCX, but it would be nice to have a response to these issues. It's has been months since these issues have been brought to your attention. Don't get me wrong I love the system as a whole but would like to utilize the new features that have been added.

It has to be software related due to the fact that is works perfectly with the older version. (old version I'm using 1.0.1.0)(new version I'm having issues with 1.1.2.0)

Thanks and I hope to hear something on this soon

Hi Brian,

It's been hard for us to track down this bug since we can't reproduce it. All of the people who have bought the system in the past month or so have been running the latest release without problems (since we only supply them the latest release). Make sure your XP box has all of the latest patches.

--Core

briankstan
2006.05.09, 09:39 AM
Hi Brian,

It's been hard for us to track down this bug since we can't reproduce it. All of the people who have bought the system in the past month or so have been running the latest release without problems (since we only supply them the latest release). Make sure your XP box has all of the latest patches.

--Core

Thanks for the response. I went though and uninstalled everything last night. went through the registry and made sure I got all Core related entrys cleared out. I then updated my windows XP. I installed the new version again and ran it completely with out changing a single thing. just scanned in my cars and ran a bunch of short qualifying and short races. Everything seemed to work great. I wasn't having any problems with it starting and missing laps. (I also tested with my F1's that have F1 transponders and they worked perfectly too.)

Then I added in my custom theme. this is where it seems the problem is steeming from. once I switched to my theme the system started acting up again. wouldn't start counting when the races were started.

once I switch to the custom theme and go back to the default it will still continue to act the same way. I'm not sure why.

I will zip up my theme and send it to you for de-bugging purposes.

thanks for your response and for producing this great product.

If we can't get it figured out I'll just go back to the previous version that worked flawlessly on my computer.

Brian

Z_408
2006.05.17, 07:05 PM
I just put in my order with Core last week and I have not heard from them. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive delievery?

thanks,
Z_408

CoreAnalog
2006.05.17, 10:35 PM
I just put in my order with Core last week and I have not heard from them. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive delievery?

thanks,
Z_408

I believe your order was sent out today. You should have it by friday.

--Core

briankstan
2006.05.18, 12:13 AM
Just a note on my current trials with getting the new software to work. I formatted my laptop (only really use for timing) and installed windows with all the updates and installed the new software. It has been working perfectly. We will be racing tomorrow night and I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm still thinking it has something to do with the previous version being install prior to the update. ??

I have created 2 new themes that I have been using and testing and have had absolutely no issues in the last 4 days and lots of test races have been run.

briankstan
2006.05.22, 11:20 AM
Well I promised a update, so here it is.

We ran our races on Thursday night. we had 12 people there. we loaded up the races and then began qualifying. Ran both qualifying sessions without any problems. We sorted into mains and started the "B Main" We noticed a few minutes in that it wasn't counting one of the cars....don't worry it wasn't a core problem. He just forgot to put his transponder in....He quickly remedied that and it was counting fine.

We ran the rest of our races without incident.

we did have a few little things that were enviromental, Like the track trying to blow away with a big gust of wind, and it also blew a bunch of Leaves and seed from the tree onto under and around the track during our OLPS races. We had a few missed laps, but once we cleaned up a bit and repositioned everything after the wind was gone. Everything worked fine.

Bottom Line: it seems that if you install the latest update on a computer that has never run a previous version you will have no problems with the newest version. If you have been running an older version you might have some issues (we have on 2 computers that we have had the previous versions on and then updated to the newest one.)

I'm just glad it's all working now. :) :) :) Our races sure moved along alot better without the computer issues...I still love the Core system.

Core it shows on your website that the systems are no longer availble through you. I have a member of our club that is wanting to get one. Are they going to be available through Kyosho sometime soon? any info would be greatly appreciated.

TNB
2006.05.22, 12:55 PM
Core I know you have been busy with RCX
So busy I must have missed him at RCX. :(

Z_408
2006.05.22, 08:49 PM
I believe your order was sent out today. You should have it by friday.

--Core

Core,

I just installed my software and I can not run the program. When I try to open it, it just shows a Core start up screen, then nothing. Please advise.

thanks,
Z_408

rlc77
2006.05.22, 09:33 PM
Core,

I just installed my software and I can not run the program. When I try to open it, it just shows a Core start up screen, then nothing. Please advise.

thanks,
Z_408My guess is that you haven't yet installed the driver for the receiver. The Core software will not launch without the receiver attached and the driver installed. Hope that helps. I have the driver file if you need it.

briankstan
2006.05.23, 09:16 AM
The Core software will not launch without the receiver attached and the driver installed.

That should be it.

MicroMotorSport
2006.05.27, 12:00 AM
We have been using the Core Lap System without any problems until 2 weeks ago when the transponders were no longer being counted. I have read the forum in-depth and see this is not exclusive to MMS...here is where I need assistance, I have ask Core on Several occasions to please reset my d-load password so I may down load a "fresh" copy of the new version (which is what I began with since we only purchase the system as of recently). They have done so with no problem, however it has become a nuisance in that every time I tried to d-load the program it gives me the message: "the setup files are corrupted please obtain a new copy of the program". When we initially purchased the Lap Timer we went throuhg the same ordeal where it took 5 times before I was able to get it to completey down load...I am now on the 6th time with no luck...Unfortuanlty I did not create a back up of the program so I am at the mercy of getting Core to conitnue to "reset" my password until this thing finally is able to d-load...my question is....can this program be emailed to me...and if so how do I set up my outlook so that I can accept a file that is a program...My outlook usually automatically deletes such files for protection...I appreciate any help and or suggestions as well as input from others that have shared in my "GRIEF" and FRUSTRATION...

rlc77
2006.05.27, 08:45 AM
I appreciate any help and or suggestions as well as input from others that have shared in my "GRIEF" and FRUSTRATION...I sent you an email. I will help if I can. Standing By.
:cool:

briankstan
2006.05.27, 02:47 PM
I can hook you up with a copy of the newest software. Send me a email through the forum and I can email it to you. it's rather large so you will need to be able to receive larger files attachments.

Brian

Z_408
2006.06.07, 01:31 AM
Anyone know how to have the Core system count down the end of the race?

thanks.

crazyracer
2006.06.08, 02:38 AM
I can hook you up with a copy of the newest software. Send me a email through the forum and I can email it to you. it's rather large so you will need to be able to receive larger files attachments.

Brian
What version you have? I had 1.0, but they never reply email to me, we need use the newest software on this Sunday NJ PN region race.

briankstan
2006.06.08, 09:21 AM
What version you have? I had 1.0, but they never reply email to me, we need use the newest software on this Sunday NJ PN region race.

I have the newest version (ver 1.1.2.0) I can hook you up with it, but I highly recommend you don't put it on the same computer (laptop) that was running the preivious version. Even with un-installing the old version I had lots of issue with it not starting to count correctly. (we have had the same issue on 2 seperate computers) I formatted my laptop (only really use for core) and reinstalled windows and core and it works perfectly now.

Intalled on a computer that has never had core on it and you will be fine.

Let me know if you need any more info. I can send you the link to download it from my FTP

jbenthobbies
2006.08.13, 09:47 PM
I just recieved my core unit and can't download the software.

jbenthobbies
2006.08.13, 09:52 PM
I recieved my system and can't download at all.

jbenthobbies
2006.08.13, 10:13 PM
I have the newest version (ver 1.1.2.0) I can hook you up with it, but I highly recommend you don't put it on the same computer (laptop) that was running the preivious version. Even with un-installing the old version I had lots of issue with it not starting to count correctly. (we have had the same issue on 2 seperate computers) I formatted my laptop (only really use for core) and reinstalled windows and core and it works perfectly now.

Intalled on a computer that has never had core on it and you will be fine.

Let me know if you need any more info. I can send you the link to download it from my FTP
Could you help me as well.

rlc77
2006.08.13, 10:29 PM
Could you help me as well.
I sent you an email. Let me know if that helps. :)

Z_408
2006.09.15, 02:05 AM
How do you know what version you have?

briankstan
2006.09.15, 09:18 AM
in windows explorer, right click on the core-racer.exe file in the corespeedway folder. hit properties, and select the version tab (windows XP)

it will show you what version you are running. unless you have had you system of along time you are probably running version 1.1.2.0

arch2b
2006.09.15, 09:39 AM
there should be an 'update' option developed so that we don't have to go thru the guess work not sometimes frustrating download process.
maybe core should change the validation process for the software rather than restricging access to updates?

leonen
2006.09.18, 12:45 AM
will there be any updates before Kyosho launches ? and .. what afterwards? will newer Kyosho Core updates be distributed to actual users?