PDA

View Full Version : chassis idea need feedback..

Evil1
2006.01.11, 02:54 AM
I had a divine inspiration today..
what about a 2c lipo saddle pack on a pendilum balanced lever system
with the pcb on it,
that would lean into a turn.
and at the same time have the front wheels camber into the turn.
im going to call it the FreaK !!
it will use a standard HS-81MG to handle the weight transfer.
i can solder that onto the pcb right?

Evil1
2006.01.11, 03:05 AM
my question is -would that improve a cars handling if the cars weight would lean into a turn rather than a lower center of gravity being pulled around a turn?
it seems like a good idea ,but so did the 540 size motor on a mini-t...(it wasnt)
need some feedback thanx

joshsrchobbies
2006.01.17, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me .I just want to see it in action . Im pretty shure this idea whould work but then I could be wrong . Thanks Josh

color01
2006.01.17, 11:08 PM
having the weight carried on the inside of the turn means more weight is put back on the outside tires, so in theory it's a good thing; but i have two questions/insights.

1. in 1/28 scale, usually the more downward-force on a tire the more grip. load is near-zero, so if all the car's weight were put on two outside tires, the car may have just as much grip as weight distributed evenly on four tires. (doesn't make sense for real cars, but does here for odd reasons i don't know.)

2. to carry weight inside, i'm pretty sure the roll center has to be freaking high... which means, in corners, you'll have an upward "jacking effect" on the front end of the car, so you might lose grip (the front end went up), or the car might be unstable (the front end got "jacked" up, so to speak).

i may not be right, but just some things i've picked up from driving/books that are of concern anytime anyone tries to alter the suspension geometry of a car.

ruf
2006.01.18, 04:25 PM
I've tried it. Works pretty good.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15818

BigVxxx
2006.01.19, 10:08 PM
I had a divine inspiration today..
what about a 2c lipo saddle pack on a pendilum balanced lever system
with the pcb on it,
that would lean into a turn.
and at the same time have the front wheels camber into the turn.
im going to call it the FreaK !!
it will use a standard HS-81MG to handle the weight transfer.
i can solder that onto the pcb right?

Sounds cool but might have ill effects on solid axle.(I'm not sure what chassis your putting this on or if you're creating one. If your going to do a leaning battery tray, ang i'm reading this right, you should have the weight lean inside the turn. I'm not sure if your saying that the battery, for example, leans left(inside) when turning left or vice versa. Cool idea, dosen't Merc. or BMW have a 4wheel motor bike/car concept vehicle that leans in turns? I know I've seen it on TV, check it out for ideas. Good Luck!! :)