PDA

View Full Version : post your r-32!

Ronin
2006.01.12, 07:10 AM
Ok,

Just bought an ma010, and my body from dingbat came in yesterday in about 10 days! not too bad, but either way, how did you guys paint the headlights? taillights? and what the heck are all those extra parts for?

Either way, autscale, or custom, post up your R32's! I've only seen a few. Bring it!

HammerZ
2006.01.12, 07:30 AM
I just painted my parts silver, and glued on the taillight pieces before I painted the body. I dabbed Testors Clear Parts Cement (that is what it's labled) on the taillights to mask them. I picked it away after it was dryed. The little amber "winker" between the taillights I did the same way.All the extra parts are for the body kits and such. In my case I left alot of them off, for a cleaner stock look.

R31 01 (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=152&size=big&cat=524&page=1)
R32 02 (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=153&size=big&cat=524&page=1)

Ronin
2006.01.12, 08:53 PM
I just painted my parts silver, and glued on the taillight pieces before I painted the body. I dabbed Testors Clear Parts Cement (that is what it's labled) on the taillights to mask them. I picked it away after it was dryed. The little amber "winker" between the taillights I did the same way.All the extra parts are for the body kits and such. In my case I left alot of them off, for a cleaner stock look.

R31 01 (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=152&size=big&cat=524&page=1)
R32 02 (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=153&size=big&cat=524&page=1)

yeah, I'm just putting the spoiler on. body is now painted, gotta wait for it to dry. I might clear it. I used some colorplace (wal-mart) primer, and then some testors 1224 green spray. At first it went on like it wouldn't work, then it smoothed out. Now I gotta let it dry for a week or so. At least I'll be waiting for my MA010 w/ aluminum driveshafts and bearings for a little bit.

I also sprayed the front headlight buckets with silver, and they turned out pretty good. we'll see how it looks when I'm done, if nothing else, it's a racer body that's bound to get beat up anyways.

HammerZ
2006.01.13, 01:42 PM
Yea, you do a one color job these things go very quickly. Every time I do one like that, I'm like "is that it?" after the detailing is done. It isn't to involved to do something differently once in a while. Run some kind of graphic or pattern on it, if you like. On some body sets I painted the headlight parts black with the bulbs silver, kind of a blackout look.

Falken GT-R
2006.01.13, 02:36 PM
Heres my two, the black one i painted and the white one started out as a N1.

Ronin
2006.01.14, 05:26 PM

cool! I really like the black one, I had seen it before, I like it!

only one of those is awd right?

Dunno bout the carbon fiber doors, but each to his own, if you like it, so be it.

what degree are those gpm tires?

Falken GT-R
2006.01.14, 07:17 PM
The tires were gpm 8s. I like the doors because some of the time attack demo cars have unpainted carbon fiber doors and i liked the look. I stopped running the black car on the mr-02 and runs on the awd but i only have one awd chassis so it was on the autoscale mock up chassis.

Ronin
2006.01.15, 10:56 AM
The tires were gpm 8s. I like the doors because some of the time attack demo cars have unpainted carbon fiber doors and i liked the look. I stopped running the black car on the mr-02 and runs on the awd but i only have one awd chassis so it was on the autoscale mock up chassis.

I thought they said the gpm 8's were the reasons the drivetrains got busted up? maybe it was because of different grip levels? do you even need that soft of a tire with awd?

You said the white skyline was an N1 version, does that it had the diffuser underneath, and was already painted white? like the autoscale?

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.15, 12:04 PM
That is one huge front chin spoiler... looks out of place but then again most 'drift' cars made from import cars look out of place anyway./

hybrid_liter
2006.01.15, 05:19 PM
very nice imports. where did you get....or how did you make the front ground force spoiler on the black one?

Falken GT-R
2006.01.16, 09:11 PM
I thought they said the gpm 8's were the reasons the drivetrains got busted up? maybe it was because of different grip levels? do you even need that soft of a tire with awd?

You said the white skyline was an N1 version, does that it had the diffuser underneath, and was already painted white? like the autoscale?

The grip may very well be the reason because i have broken three diffs already, I think the grip level is extremely high but I'm not sure if you need that much tire. The N1 was the autoscale that i modified, and it does have a diffuser.

very nice imports. where did you get....or how did you make the front ground force spoiler on the black one?

The front lip on the black car came of a xmod body that I cut up and just took the lip off of it and the white car's lip is from scratch.