PDA

View Full Version : Core system with epoch?

machine
2006.01.12, 01:36 PM
Anyone use a core system for epoch races? Do the transponders fit or should i use the F1 T's?

Draconious
2006.01.12, 03:05 PM
Wondering same thing ;)

My guess is the F1 sensors taped to bottom, should fit...

I feel core needs to make an eliptical transponder, I think it might even work better than a square... and it should would fit between 4 wheels better... could be bigger for the size car etc.. putting each point for aft, and the round sides to the side of the car.

joshsrchobbies
2006.01.16, 05:47 PM
Has any one found out if they fit or if they need a f1 transponder . Thanks Josh

Draconious
2006.01.16, 07:19 PM
you cannot bend or fold the core transonders, and the current Mini-Z version we were using at the GTG... were almost as big as the epoch... so its pretty safe bet they dont fit inside ;)

The F1 transponders are almost too big as well, will have to be creative mounting them.

briankstan
2006.01.16, 07:28 PM
you cannot bend or fold the core transonders, and the current Mini-Z version we were using at the GTG... were almost as big as the epoch... so its pretty safe bet they dont fit inside ;)

The F1 transponders are almost too big as well, will have to be creative mounting them.

The F1 transponders are about 1/4 of the size of the standard ones. The are about the size of a quarter.

you can bend the transponders slightly, though you should not crease them.

joshsrchobbies
2006.01.16, 07:55 PM
So if there the size of a quarter they should fit the epoch perfectely. Thanks for clearing me up on this . Josh