PDA

View Full Version : Reflex email cleanout mistake?

ruf
2006.01.12, 09:13 PM
I accidentally deleted a msg from someone that asked about a Speedy NM motor. Can't find it now. Can whoever resend please? Thanks.

builthatch
2006.01.15, 09:27 PM
it was probably me. i asked you if the NM is noticeable faster than a 05bb...i messaged w/ my last order.

ruf
2006.01.15, 11:20 PM
Thanks. Was losing my mind there for a while.

Funny thing about the NM and the 05BB. The NM certainly has a noticeably different FEEL than the 05BB, but faster? Probably marginal at best. Go for the 05BB if you don't like "engine braking".

EMU
2006.01.16, 03:45 AM
BH, at ActionRC stock class does not permit the NM motor. We are limited to PN Speedy BB, 05, 05BB and X-Speed.

The NM will get up to speed faster than the 05BB, but you would have to gear it higher to get higher speed. With the same gearing, it will be slower than the 05BB. With these motors (PN 05bb and NM), its sort of a crapshoot. Some are great, some arent. If you noticed at the races you came to see, my car was noticably slower than other cars. I was running a new 05BB that I purchased the week before. Even with comm drops I was slightly slower than people with the same motor without comm drops. I still managed to pull 2nd place in the B main behind the leader by 1 second in a 10 car main by running the tightest line I could and staying clean through the traffic. I am going to try cleaning it and adjusting the brush tention to see if it will help.

In my mod car, I am running an X-Speed armature in an Atomic BB can with Neo Magnets and a 9t pinion with a 3x2 stack of 4562 FETs with the Atomic VDS body (the white one with windows blackened with a sharpie marker). I can keep up decently with the PN Saber and Anima motors that others are running. Mainly because corner speed is very good on that body/setup.

For the ARCMS track, corner speed and steering is important, the faster you can take the corners the faster you can go. If you noticed Magic driving the blue Murcielago in the 3rd heat group (fastest guys), he had the most corner speed out of all the other cars, that people were questioning if he had FETs because he was so fast :rolleyes: On the straight he was not the fastest car, through the turns is where he made his progress.

builthatch
2006.01.16, 08:34 AM
If you noticed Magic driving the blue Murcielago in the 3rd heat group (fastest guys), he had the most corner speed out of all the other cars, that people were questioning if he had FETs because he was so fast :rolleyes: On the straight he was not the fastest car, through the turns is where he made his progress.

thanks for the info!

haha, about Magic, it's funny, i think you and someone else previously had recommended him for FET upgrades as a local source. So when i was watching him in stock class with that blue car i was like hmm, i wonder what his PCB looks like in that car? hehehe