PDA

View Full Version : Ok???

TuNeR1989
2006.01.16, 03:42 PM
Well was working on a IW, when i reassembled the motor pod i left out a spacer so the motor pinion was binding against the diff. Now i did this before hand with out knowing and gassed the throttle in the air, before i knew what hit me a whift of white smoke came out of the board, but strange thing is it didnt look like it was from the fets and the fets still look fine i re seated the motor and it still works with full functions???

Any insight? According to the previous owner this happened to him once also.

joshsrchobbies
2006.01.16, 05:09 PM
Sound's like it the way you explaned it to me in the thread . Most of the time that smoke is comming from the electronic board not the fet's. LOL next time you'll remember That spacer. Thanks Josh

Mazda787b
2006.01.16, 09:27 PM
If its not the FETs, its your motor brushes.

TuNeR1989
2006.01.17, 07:21 AM
It didnt come from the motor brushes not even near that area, i know when those burn up lol.

joshsrchobbies
2006.01.17, 02:08 PM
Ya mazda don't you listen to where he said it came from . LOL listen up next time man. Thanks Josh

Taazz
2006.01.17, 05:12 PM
Do you still have full range? I had two of my newest Iwavers lose range after having replaced the motors with stock Mini Z motors. No FETS fried, but obviously something in the board couldn't handle the motors.

TuNeR1989
2006.01.17, 09:25 PM
Do you still have full range? I had two of my newest Iwavers lose range after having replaced the motors with stock Mini Z motors. No FETS fried, but obviously something in the board couldn't handle the motors.

I'll have to check, from what i can tell the range is still fairly well, havnt really had a chance to try to go far though.

did you get any smoke?

Taazz
2006.01.18, 03:44 PM
did you get any smoke?

Don't remember any smoke. It simply stopped in the middle of the track. If I remember right I could hold my arms out with the transmitter in one hand and the car in the other and get control, but as soon as I put it on the ground, nothing.

Bottom line range was about 2 inches when all was said and done.