PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver offering Body +front & rear alloy wheels... $19.90

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.22, 01:16 PM
The title says it all... check out toy east to see the selection.... I wonder why they are selling for that price? Maybe AWD has dipped into their sales a lot.

EnTg888
2006.01.22, 03:37 PM
Now THIS is new...
That's a pretty nice deal, although it's only a couple bucks cheaper than buying the parts individually (those iwaver alloy rims are dirt cheap now...) You're probably right, the AWD is probably taking sales away from the new Iwavers, after all, why would they make alloy parts for the AWD?

lightfighter
2006.01.22, 05:25 PM
why would they make alloy parts for the AWD?

because they have a AWD clone in the works to steal back the sales!!!

EnTg888
2006.01.24, 10:17 PM
That wouldn't be all too bad, maybe it'll get Kyosho to lower their insanely high prices for the AWD.

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.25, 12:15 AM
I think the AWD is decently priced. Have you seen the quality and mechanics on this thing? It's a micro miracle...

EnTg888
2006.01.25, 01:42 AM
Yeah, darn I want one, but can't scrape together $130 +$20 for a chassis set and a body. (Don't need one of those controllers, lol)

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.25, 12:48 PM
yeah... I went the chassis set way so that I could have the multioffset wheels... it ended up costing me quite a bit more because I wanted an autoscale... it's much cheaper if you are satisfied with the Skyline R34... cheaper and more simple... yes, hobbies are expensive... sucks huh?

michvin
2006.01.25, 01:28 PM
That wouldn't be all too bad, maybe it'll get Kyosho to lower their insanely high prices for the AWD.
it never happened with mr02, why to expect it with AWD?
I'm absolutely sure that iwaver's AWD would be unusable. They were not able to copy simple MR02 properly and AWD is much more complicated car. I can imagine CVD (swing shaft) made by IW.... brrrrrrrrr

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.26, 12:03 AM
When Kyosho released the MR-02 Enzo there was no way to get one for $100 ... if you look around you can now... prices do fall, but I think it is more because of overstock and new body arrivals, not iwaver's precious little market share.

byebye
2006.01.26, 01:57 AM
I'm absolutely sure that iwaver's AWD would be unusable. They were not able to copy simple MR02 properly and AWD is much more complicated car. I can imagine CVD (swing shaft) made by IW.... brrrrrrrrr

I'm with michvin on this one. :cool:

Yeah you can find mr-02's for pretty good prices online or in some shops but Kyosho has not dropped the prices. I have yet to find a place that sold the mr-01's for cheap and those are pretty out dated.

Iwaver did make a pretty good mr-02 clone it's just the boards had to be different.

Toy east is always offering good deals like that. Only thing I hate is initial shipping cost. You have to make a large order to make it worth it.

-Byebye

Hypocrisy
2006.01.26, 06:52 AM
well i really hope that iwaver makes a copy of the awd, the awd as it is sold out of the box today is a complete disaster, the chassi is weak and crack easy, and needs to be replaced. then if you really want to make the car fast you`ll need to buy: different steering hubs for camber, toe in steering links, same for rear, different springs, new wheels because that the old ones doesnt fit the awd, tyres, new driveshafts, motor mount in alu because of the heat, a ti/cf shaft (std one isd magnetic, and has the motor mounted 1mm from it.. smart design..not) balldiff for the rear, oneway,spool and balldiff for the front, they will all be the fastest depending on what track you race on.

thats the basic thing you need to buy if you want to compete with the awd.. youll should be glad if your bill stops under $500.. ok, its not the cheapest hobby.. but the awd is to me a pos. i`ll continue driving my hopped up iw02 untill i get beaten by a awd, then i`ll think of buying one..

Hypocrisy
2006.01.26, 06:58 AM

i have driven my iwaver02 for over a year now without any problems.. have even ordered a firelap02 now. cant see why iwaver/firelap cant make a descent copy, as it looks like right now it can only be improved over the current kit. i drive once or twice every week just so the car gets its fair share of beating, and it still holds up. the only thing that i have changed because of poor quality is the chassi to a kyosho one

machine
2006.01.26, 02:43 PM
The iwaver wheels are great, true and balanced and the bodies are quite abit stronger than the Autoscale bodies. It's a good deal if you don't mind the shipping.

because they have a AWD clone in the works to steal back the sales!!!

Why do you think that iwaver is making a AWD too? I mean PNracing and Atomic are making AWD parts are they making a AWD car as well? Chances are we'll see another awd from a big manufacture sooner or later, i can't see it being a "clone" anymore than anything else in the 1/28th scale class. Kyosho's have always been over priced IMHO.

I too have been driving my Iwaver02 since it first came out as a chassis set, i've replaced a servo motor (killed it) and an still on the original chassis and PCB board (its since had a Nelly installed). It's been good for me, and i still race it.

Back on topic, the Iwaver alloy wheels I have are great, they come in sets of 2 so you can pick your wheel type and pick your offset, this way you don't have a few wheels sitting around not being used.