PDA

View Full Version : Mini-ZRacer.com v3.0

mini-z
2006.01.22, 05:42 PM
Guys, as you've more than likely noticed, we deployed most of MZR v3.0 today! Please give us your feedback via this thread. Please also let us know about any problems you encounter - broken links, missing features, etc. Note that the "old" Shop is no longer accessible as it was replaced by the new http://shop.tinyrc.com quite some time ago. Features of the new Shop are conveniently accessible via the new silver shop.TRC toolbar above. There are a few features that are currently inaccessible, such as the Parts DB, while we work on new versions that will deployed in an upcoming round of additional updates. One thing we'd really like feedback on (we may need to make a poll) is the Forums colors - you'll notice we've left them alone for now - but we plan to update them to black and red on white as found on the new home page and other content pages - please speak now if you prefer the old look; we can always offer the ability to chose either if there are enough users who would use it. Anyway, can't wait to hear your feedback - thanks! :)

rlc77
2006.01.22, 05:53 PM
I really like the new look and the new shop. The color change is cool with me. Keep up the good work. :)

Mazda787b
2006.01.22, 06:26 PM
I really like the new design, except for the red text on the forum categories.

HammerZ
2006.01.22, 07:05 PM
Love it, as usual I log on and thought it sent me someplace else. I do like the shop integrated with the boards more. May help more find what they are looking for. I also like the old colors more than a page with white in it, the brighter colors tend to burn into my monitor screen (old CRT).

mini-z
2006.01.22, 07:44 PM
I really like the new design, except for the red text on the forum categories.

R, I'm not quite clear on what you're referring to - where do you see this?

builthatch
2006.01.22, 08:15 PM
my vote is i like it alot. it's a nice improvement aesthetically. i am not sure what that ? on the header means on that 575 body or whatever hehe, but...it's nice, and i really like the shop link goes to the new shop and that it's highlighted like it is with the white tab ; )

any reason why we don't have private messaging and editing privileges past 30 mins? i know it has nothing to do with the new board format, but just curious ; )

rlc77
2006.01.22, 08:23 PM
I was puzzled by this as well, but the best I can figure is, Mazda787b is referring to the new home page. The Recent Topics have the Subjects listed in Red.

Draconious
2006.01.22, 08:31 PM
Maybe condense the ad bar and the top of the forum when on the forum pages? just weird when forums make u scroll half a screen before you get to the content lol...

Draconious
2006.01.22, 08:32 PM
the onmouse over color red type of thing...
or style sheet <a> <A:link> and what not colors.
might be what he means

mini-z
2006.01.22, 08:45 PM
i am not sure what that ? on the header means on that 575 body or whatever hehe, but...

I'll be posting a link explaining what that's about in a bit... ;) :)

Draconious
2006.01.22, 08:48 PM
let me guess, a create a logo-car contest ;)
at least thats what i thought of the second i saw it, before i even realised it was a new page lol.

Mazda787b
2006.01.22, 09:30 PM

I don't know, its gone now. When I first signed on, all the hyperlinks on the MZR page were red. The old shop was visible from the forum page too. Weird. :confused: :confused:

kehern15
2006.01.23, 07:03 AM
A nice surprise at 7:00 am! I like it a lot. :D

Spoon
2006.01.23, 01:48 PM
I like the new look, I think I prefer the dark colors, but the white might be a nice change.

So...I don't really have any color input. The gray is familiar but the red/white for the shop is pretty snappy.

michvin
2006.01.23, 02:10 PM
I'd like to comment on the categories in the new shop. On some sites the categories are not only broken down by manufacturer, but also by the car model. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to click on MR-02 link and get the list of all parts available for this car? To be honest, i'd rather order from here than from anywhere else, but i'm too lazy to sit with part numbers in search of what i need or email the shop - i want it NOW :D. Such categorizing would speed up the orders. Good prices and extra-fast shipping you already have
Just my 2 cents

bolter9
2006.01.23, 07:19 PM
Good job on the redesign!

I did notice that the news and recent topic links on the homepage are white on white in Firefox, otherwise everything looks sound. (I've attached a screenshot of the homepage.)

I'd put my vote in for changing the forum colors to black text on a white background, even if you keep the banner and sidebar background black. Usability experts will tell you that reversed text is always harder on the eyes.

HammerZ
2006.01.23, 11:18 PM
The extra white is growing on me, I think there should be some uniformity between this and the other Tiny RC sites.

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.24, 08:47 AM
Looks great and smooth. I really like the look. It freshens up the site without losing the feel we have had... I get a new Government and a new MZR.com version all in one day... not bad, not bad.

soyverde
2006.01.24, 09:01 AM
Good job on the redesign!

I did notice that the news and recent topic links on the homepage are white on white in Firefox, otherwise everything looks sound. (I've attached a screenshot of the homepage.)

I'd put my vote in for changing the forum colors to black text on a white background, even if you keep the banner and sidebar background black. Usability experts will tell you that reversed text is always harder on the eyes.

It did that for me the first time I loaded it in Mozilla 1.72, but it was fine after a reload, and looks fine in Firefox 1.5 as well. Any chance your browser had the stylesheet cached (i.e. does it look okay after a hard reload)?

will3kgt
2006.01.24, 10:23 AM
Looks great! Keep up the great work.

bolter9
2006.01.24, 01:03 PM
It did that for me the first time I loaded it in Mozilla 1.72, but it was fine after a reload, and looks fine in Firefox 1.5 as well. Any chance your browser had the stylesheet cached (i.e. does it look okay after a hard reload)?

Yeah, that cleared things up considerably- now I can really say "nice redesign!"

No css attached- I'm running a clean version of Firefox 1.5 Mac.

warfile
2006.01.25, 08:36 AM
Like it a lot! Great work!

P.S. Can seem to find my gallery on this new version, is that normal?

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.25, 12:47 PM
The galleries were converted to a new gallery format... the old galleries are not accessible (as far as I can see) ... if you did not reupload your gallery in the new gallery then you will have to make a new one.

G-Class
2006.01.25, 05:03 PM
The new look looks great.

I can access my gallery through my signature, but I can't find it either in the new section when I click on the "Gallery" section at the top of the webpage. (where it says "Home" "Forums" "Gallery" "Tracks" "FAQ" "About" "Shop")

warfile
2006.01.25, 08:56 PM
How do i reupload my gallery?

pHREDD
2006.01.25, 11:42 PM
The site looks great. Crisp and Clean.

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.25, 11:48 PM
You should get in contact with Arch through the gallery email address... I think it is gallery@minizracer.com

Basically there is no easy way to reupload your album into the new album... if you don't have your pictures backed up on your computer you will have to download them all again. Then go to the gallery section (the new one) and login, your username and password are now the same as your fourm login and pass. Then create a whole new album and upload the pictures from your computer.

Capt. Oversteer
2006.01.26, 12:35 AM
You should get in contact with Arch through the gallery email address... I think it is gallery@minizracer.com

Basically there is no easy way to reupload your album into the new album... if you don't have your pictures backed up on your computer you will have to download them all again. Then go to the gallery section (the new one) and login, your username and password are now the same as your fourm login and pass. Then create a whole new album and upload the pictures from your computer.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I do like the new look!!!!!!!

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.26, 02:51 AM
yeah, once it's all said and done it will be a lot easier to navigate and look through it... there are still some features that I can't find yet but I haven't really started my new album yet. I love how you can search by user name letter... so much easier to find a user's album!

arch2b
2006.01.26, 08:35 AM
How do i reupload my gallery?
were working on it :( turns out it's not a clean trnasition as we hoped. on top of that i am on limited pc time for the next couple weeks so bear with me. please post to the gallery thread on this topic in the gallery section i think it is?

in the mean time you can use this link to reach the old gallery site (http://mini-zracer.com/gallery)