PDA

View Full Version : Fet

bashtothemax2
2006.01.23, 07:14 PM
Hello fellow moster owners
I am farely new to the monster forum been stuck on overlands. But i just recently purchased a monster and they say that it pops wheelies it does but not the high and long I was thinking of puttting an FET upgrade if it would help. Now I am confidetn because i have done this on an xmod before so can i buy the ones off the shop just the chips right.All i have to do is buy six chips and remove the old one and put in the new ones right?

thanks for all your help

rustler08
2006.01.23, 07:24 PM
the fets will not make much of a difference. They will allow you to use a hotter motor, but they won't make the car much better performance-wise, unless you add a hotter motor

imxlr8ed
2006.01.23, 07:29 PM
Go with a 3 stack of fets (4562) and drop a PN S04 in the back with something like a 12 to 15 tooth (hard to get the shim right, but worth it !)... that really wakes them up !

Did this to one of my crews MZM... he's had it for a while now, fets and motor still going strong, all else is stock. (and gluesticked heavily in some ares ! :rolleyes: )

james399
2006.01.24, 09:35 PM
yeah when you order the FET's, get six, 3 stacks for each FET...

use your overland as a reference, the pcb's are identical...
if im not mistaken, you got one from the shop right?

but everyone is right...

the FET alone will not do much to your truck... throw in a pn motor, and she will do wheelies from a standstill....

-james

bashtothemax2
2006.01.25, 07:06 PM
yeah when you order the FET's, get six, 3 stacks for each FET...

use your overland as a reference, the pcb's are identical...
if im not mistaken, you got one from the shop right?

but everyone is right...

the FET alone will not do much to your truck... throw in a pn motor, and she will do wheelies from a standstill....

-james
yeah i will use my overland as a refernce thats a good idea thanks i was also going to thorough in a motor to.

HammerZ
2006.01.25, 07:32 PM
Just swap the Overlands board to the Monster, unless there is something wrong with the Overland board.

bashtothemax2
2006.01.25, 07:43 PM
Just swap the Overlands board to the Monster, unless there is something wrong with the Overland board.
I rather have both have FET

HammerZ
2006.01.25, 08:04 PM
I see, I was thinking if you wanted to leave one board stock.

bashtothemax2
2006.01.25, 08:20 PM
no i i like to use my overland with big tires but it would be a good idea to save money