PDA

View Full Version : Steering studder with new board?

Sporttracguy
2006.01.24, 10:20 PM
i just picked up an iwaver advance board for my iwaver 02. I installed everything correctly, the throttle works but the steering studders wildly when i turn on the remote. I replaced the pot but its still freaking out. any ideas as to what will fix this? I tried this once before on another board and it did the exact same thing. any help would be great, thanks

stg

Sasquatch
2006.01.24, 10:24 PM
Battery low? Intefering frequencies? ABS is on the Tx? Just a couple ideas to throw out.

Sporttracguy
2006.01.24, 10:28 PM
I put fresh batteries in there, ive tried different crystals in different combanations with different remotes even. As far as interfearance goes, all my other cars work fine with the same crystals in this room of my house. ITs driving me nuts trying to figure this one out.

STG

MafiaS
2006.01.24, 11:58 PM
I put fresh batteries in there, ive tried different crystals in different combanations with different remotes even. As far as interfearance goes, all my other cars work fine with the same crystals in this room of my house. ITs driving me nuts trying to figure this one out.

STG

Same thing happened with my with my Xmod. I kept the chassis stock for a while, but as soon as I changed up the motor, or something to do with the Antenna and motor...(not sure if I shorted anything) but a few times i would turn the car on, and jitty jitty bang bang...but once I hit the throttle it went away...

possible motor connection, or how its connected to the board in regards to interferance with the servo...not sure or have much backing but it's an idea.

Sporttracguy
2006.01.25, 12:35 AM
I re installed my origional pcb and everything works fine ??? I just dont get it?

STG

EnTg888
2006.01.25, 01:41 AM
Is this the new Iwaver? Some of the members here have installed the advance board and figured out that the steering wires are mis-colored/backwards on the new board... try switching them around.

Sporttracguy
2006.01.25, 01:44 AM
switching them around how? LIke from the motor side to the pot side? or just from red to black,,,, and from green to yellow?

I tried different combanations of red/black and yellow/green but i didnt dare chance sides of the PCB unless i knew that would solve the problem...Do you have a link?

Thanks
STG

Taazz
2006.01.25, 05:40 PM
switching them around how? LIke from the motor side to the pot side? or just from red to black,,,, and from green to yellow?

I tried different combanations of red/black and yellow/green but i didnt dare chance sides of the PCB unless i knew that would solve the problem...Do you have a link?

Thanks
STG
Try starting from drivers side to passenger side: Blue pot wire, yellow pot wire, red servo motor wire, blue servo motor wire.

This is the wire order I ended up with using the newest pro board in the newest Iwaver with a steering servo. These are the colors of the wires coming out of the separate steering servo.