PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Shape/Size For Z's

Draconious
2006.01.25, 11:32 PM
Would this work for a transponder shape? Intended for bottom of a Racer or F1 obviously...

arch2b
2006.01.26, 08:46 AM
it would seem the only size limitations would be the patern to the internal wiring. i have no diea what options are avialable for core but in the current tags the actual working parts are smaller than the paper footprint. most of the dead space however is within the wiring around the permitier.

i was disappointed to hear the smaller f1 transponders will either no longer be avaiable or are in such short supply that it's well, just as impossible to get them anymore.

has anyone laminated one and trimmed out all the dead space?

gasman1
2006.01.26, 10:09 AM
I don't know why they are going to be unavailable. DigiKey has thousands of them for sale but the need to be programed to worked with core. If Core doesn't want to sell them, then let us get our own and tell us how to program them to work with the Core system.

Spoon
2006.01.26, 10:21 AM
I don't know why they are going to be unavailable. DigiKey has thousands of them for sale but the need to be programed to worked with core. If Core doesn't want to sell them, then let us get our own and tell us how to program them to work with the Core system.

That's thinking outside of the box. I hope Core sees this and posts aresponse.

machine
2006.01.26, 10:43 AM

No money in doing that

I've laminated one and haven't had a problem. Once laminated you increase the overall diemensions alittle, just doesn't fit as well as it did before.

gasman1
2006.01.26, 11:00 AM
there is also no money in it if they stop selling them to the public. At which point I know where to get them, just don't know how to make them work with core system.

CoreAnalog
2006.01.26, 12:12 PM
there is also no money in it if they stop selling them to the public. At which point I know where to get them, just don't know how to make them work with core system.

Guys,

We have all 3 sizes of transponders in stock. However, the mini and medium sized transponders are in shorter supply. You can still order them from the web page. If you order the mini 3-pack, you can ask to substitue the medium sized ones if you like. We will continue to sell all three but the large ones have proven to be the most idiot proof. You have to setup things perfectly to get the mini's to work 100% reliably.

--Core

imxlr8ed
2006.01.26, 12:15 PM
We have had no problems with the F1 transponders since we made sure the loop was 12" apart. (taped onto a piece of cardboard) It would be a shame to limit them, or not stock them, it's like they were designed with the F1s in mind !

Draconious
2006.01.26, 02:03 PM
The purpose of the oval shaped transponder concept in the original post in this tread was to allow it to be mounted on bottom of car, and still be big, and clear the wheels... and I think rounder, and less angled, corners would work better in the transponder antenna.