PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Fancy, Just Some New Bodies

Spoon
2006.01.26, 06:28 PM
The DC guys have already seen these cars, but I was playing around with my digicam and I posted some pics in my gallery.

My NSX

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=3224&size=big&cat=750&page=1

My Custom Painted 350Z. This is really my first attempt at a painted body. Nothing fancy, I was in a rush to get it on the track, and I couldn't think of a decent scheme.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=3226&cat=745&page=1

Wavy
2006.01.26, 08:55 PM
I just bought that body unpainted and I'm working on a paint scheme now. I'd like to ask what wheel offsets your using front and back? The Enzo offset is a little wide in the rear, but seems good for the front. Nice paintjobs BTW.

Spoon
2006.01.27, 07:43 AM
I just bought that body unpainted and I'm working on a paint scheme now. I'd like to ask what wheel offsets your using front and back? The Enzo offset is a little wide in the rear, but seems good for the front. Nice paintjobs BTW.

I am running it on the AWD. The rears are 1.0 Wide and the fronts are 1.5 or 2.5 narrow. I think it's 2.5. The 3.5's hit the body when you turn.

If you are putting this body on an AWD you will need to place the body mounts higher (lowering the body) than it's setup for. You will have to trim the area where the clips attach so the ride height doesn't look rediculous. The nose clip is fine though.

HammerZ
2006.01.28, 04:16 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/524/350Z_cool_blue.JPG

Yours is almost like mine, I could not think of a good pattern ether. I was just playing with some colors, but it makes a good beater body. It started as an MR02 body but I ended up using it for the MA 01.

Twenty-Se7en
2006.01.28, 04:20 PM
Nice blue color on your new 350z... The side shot shows it glimmer a lot better than the 3/4 view. Nice work. Looks like you did a good job.

Spoon
2006.01.28, 09:14 PM
Nice blue color on your new 350z... The side shot shows it glimmer a lot better than the 3/4 view. Nice work. Looks like you did a good job.

Thanks,

I really like the color, Metallic Blue. It looked a little better before I put the clear coat on it. I painted on some Future florr polish but I haven't quite figured out the technique. I got a couple of drips in spots and I think there's some dust on one side. I may just try a clear spray next time.

reggiethedorf
2006.02.11, 07:56 AM
stick to future, its the best for miniZ bodies. the trick to eliminating drips is to wick away excess with a paper towel, then allow the body to dry on another paper towel. use like 5 coats of future, build it up slowly.

Spoon
2006.02.11, 08:57 AM
stick to future, its the best for miniZ bodies. the trick to eliminating drips is to wick away excess with a paper towel, then allow the body to dry on another paper towel. use like 5 coats of future, build it up slowly.

Okay, I'll try the future again next time. I think I just need to take my time a little bit more too. I was in a rush to try and get the body done in like 2 days. I was applying the Future the same morning that I was headed out to race!