PDA

View Full Version : Motul Pitwork 350z

byebye
2006.01.28, 06:01 PM
Byebye's 350z (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album477/350zmotul.wmv)

-Byebye

mini-z
2006.01.28, 06:18 PM
Cool! :cool: :)

Lionblade
2006.01.29, 12:51 AM
Love the MP 350z. :)

Nice vid, too bad our club doesn't ever take videos.

byebye
2006.01.29, 04:13 AM
Thanks guys! I wish I had more room to shoot video. My wife has to stand in the door way of the dining room to get the most coverage.

-Byebye

TuNeR1989
2006.01.29, 12:10 PM
Very cool vid, got to love the sanyos, i run a pair myself.

byebye
2006.01.29, 02:28 PM
I've read some members using the sanyos and found them at a LHS in Germany. I decied to pick up 8 just to try them out. I think they are great!

-Byebye

TuNeR1989
2006.01.29, 02:51 PM
Byebye, what is your setup in that video?

byebye
2006.01.30, 12:34 AM

Motul Pitwork 350z
MR-02 RM
stock motul wheels
bearings all around
0 deg camber alloy knuckles(GPM?)
2mm lowered in front
0 deg gpm alloy tie rod
JPL tower bar, gold 1.5/0.5
Alloy triangle mount
Rm CF Hard H-plate
PN alloy RM motor mount
Lowered rear w/stock h-plate as spacer
Stock mr-02 diff
Kyosho X-speed with drilled bb can and x-speed end bell and brushes
custom antenna mod
1x1 FET upgrade
awd rear tires
gpm 8 deg treaded fronts

-Byebye

herman
2006.01.30, 02:28 AM
another cool vid... :D

how'd you put a thread on the kyosho motor can to use the pn motor mount? :confused:

herman
2006.01.30, 02:30 AM
Welcome to Tokyo,
Full of sensation,
New generation,
Open your mind to reality!

Everyone, everywhere,
Is so beautiful, like a woman - desire
Full of energy filled with energy!
Go for yourself, and see what I mean!

Boom boom Japan, that's what I say!
Go and see what I mean!

lion blade... incidentally i'm going to japan sometime i march... what you mean by your sig?

byebye
2006.01.30, 05:37 AM
another cool vid... :D

how'd you put a thread on the kyosho motor can to use the pn motor mount? :confused:

It's in the setup post. It was the only way to run an x-speed on that mount. I have read the OLPS rule book but didn't see the restriction on drilling a stock can for certain alloy motor mounts.

It's pretty quick around the track with that setup. Last night I changed the diff to a K ball diff and replaced the rear tires with a new set of 8 deg gpms. For sheetz and giggles and put a bb plasma dash in and it was cooking around the track. I used some pn DS tape on the rear wheels.

-Byebye

Lionblade
2006.01.30, 10:16 AM
lion blade... incidentally i'm going to japan sometime i march... what you mean by your sig?

They're Initial D lyrics to "Boom Boom Japan". Been listening to a lot of the Initial D OST lately.

herman
2006.01.30, 08:28 PM
how'd you put a thread on the kyosho motor can to use the pn motor mount?--- It's in the setup post.
oh ok... will try to do a search... :D

They're Initial D lyrics to "Boom Boom Japan". Been listening to a lot of the Initial D OST lately.
hahaha... oh ok... although i've got all the i.d. asc's, haven't got myself to watch what they're all about just yet... probably someday... :D

ARN
2006.01.30, 10:02 PM
thats the body i use for my awd...fyi if you ever convert it over, note that the front posts hit the plastic lights...limiting suspention travel...so a little dremeling is needed...(at least in my case)...
btw, quick driving!

byebye
2006.01.31, 12:51 AM
oh ok... will try to do a search... :D
I meant a few posts back :p

Motul Pitwork 350z
MR-02 RM
stock motul wheels
bearings all around
0 deg camber alloy knuckles(GPM?)
2mm lowered in front
0 deg gpm alloy tie rod
JPL tower bar, gold 1.5/0.5
Alloy triangle mount
Rm CF Hard H-plate
PN alloy RM motor mount
Lowered rear w/stock h-plate as spacer
Stock mr-02 diff
custom antenna mod
1x1 FET upgrade
awd rear tires
gpm 8 deg treaded fronts

I'd like to use that mount or the mm mount with a stock can for the points series but I'll have to ask if you can modify the can for those mounts. I wouldn't see it as an advantage just gives your more motor mount options.

thats the body i use for my awd...fyi if you ever convert it over, note that the front posts hit the plastic lights...limiting suspention travel...so a little dremeling is needed...(at least in my case)...
btw, quick driving!

I ordered the 350z shortly after the preorder was out on the awd. I didn't have the intention of running it on the ma-01 chassis(actually was going to be a shelf queen!) but as soon as I had both in hand I set it up. I'll have to check the vids and pics if it's noticable but I did pull the light fixtures for the same reason.

It was pretty quick around the track with the ma-01 in stock form. With my new setup(locked rear diff) I'm going to have to convert it back and give it another go. I'll shoot some vid when I do.

Thanks guys!

-Byebye

will3kgt
2006.02.05, 04:00 AM
Very nice video as always, I'm buying that some body this Friday from the shop if its not sold out. How did the AWD rear tires handle compared to other brands?

byebye
2006.02.05, 04:31 AM
I really like the durability of the awd tires. I just recently switched to a set of GPM 8 treaded rears. I got the same performance from both. The Kyosho tires come in a set of 4 in a package if I'm not mistaken and would be cheaper in the end.

I searched around the web and couldn't find them. After reading some comments and assumptions from members about the tire compound I believe they are wide High Grip 30 deg tires. I've used the 20d high grip and they are just that but don't last that long. For rears though I think they lasted a good amount and would be perfect for hot laps or maybe 4-5 races.

-Byebye

monkey19
2006.02.10, 01:37 PM
very nice!! my friend just picked up the same car it is sweet ;)

byebye
2006.02.10, 01:54 PM
Thanks! I was running it last night with the awd chassis. Not bad!

-BYebye

joshsrchobbies
2006.02.11, 07:18 PM
cool car . I have the same body . I just got it and love it . NIce car and cool body

Thanks,Josh

ARN
2006.02.12, 12:31 AM
I broke my 350z motul front quarter off "total wheel exposure"......using it with the AWD, and I came around a sweeper and hit the rcp wall just right and ....."snap":(

byebye
2006.02.12, 02:33 AM
cool car . I have the same body . I just got it and love it . NIce car and cool body

Thanks,Josh

Yeah it's a great body for racing. I have both an mr-02 RM setup and an AWD setup for it. THe RM is more cotrolable. The AWD rear end is starting to drift out a bit. I need to work on that.

@Z Zaniac- Man that sucks. My son has done the same with a diablo body. Post some pics when you get a chance. I just bought the calsonic for my son.

-Byebye

joshsrchobbies
2006.02.12, 11:32 AM
I have mine set up in a mr-o2 I also have the calsonic too and just love how the 350's look .

Thanks ,Josh

byebye
2006.02.12, 04:23 PM
I just ordered the calsonic and the vauxhaul bodies. Should be fun

-Byebye

faydoiinspire
2006.03.05, 10:38 AM
byebye...whats the name of the track (audio track) thats being played in vid

bolter9
2006.03.05, 11:19 AM
Nice vid! (ok I'm a bit late to the game here).

I've got both the motul and calsonic bodies, but they're both shelf queens for the time being.

I like the original GTR bodies too, but the Zs are just sweeter looking IMO.

byebye
2006.03.05, 02:19 PM
byebye...whats the name of the track (audio track) thats being played in vid

I'll have to look it up. Its part of a song. I think it was a mix actually.

Thanks for the props guys!

-Byebye