PDA

View Full Version : New Iwavers?!

Sasquatch
2006.01.28, 07:55 PM
German R/C forum translated using Google. (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://549.rapidforum.com/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://549.rapidforum.com/%26num%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3D N) At first it's showing the new Iwaver 02, but if you go down a little bit, you can see the new IW03M and the IW05M. I can't wait to see what the buggy is like, I hope it's going to be amazing. It's so cool that there is now going to be an off-road racing segment to the 1/28th scale; I really hope they come out with a stadium truck, an independent suspension monster truck and maybe even a couple of 2WD versions of the buggy and stadium truck!

EnTg888
2006.01.28, 09:32 PM
OMG.... I wish I waited... THat is not the old iwaver 02... they changed it, now it uses servo plugs and a CRAZY new radio...
Oh, yea, if they get the quality up on those offroad cars, kyosho's gonna have a bit of a problem =D

bda52
2006.01.28, 09:42 PM
First off, nice find. Very well done. For those clicking the link above look for the thread title: " Preview new IWaver series: IW02M, 03M, 05M..."

So Iwaver is re-doing the IW02 into the Iwaver02M which will be FM not AM. I love the improvement on the servo so it will just plug into the board instead of soldered to it. I am not sure if I like the motor pluging into the board, only because of all the motors on the market already that just screw into the PCB. The nice thing about this new board, it will probably become the board of choice for all of the guys here that are making the CF chassis.

If the Mustang convertable really looks that good when it gets released, it will be added to my collection. The Mini Cooper looks really good too.

I love the look of the newest version of the Tx. Though it will only hold 3 models in its memory, that is not a bad trade off with going to FM.

Though it is only a shaded profile of the IW03M, it looks like most of us here on the board will be getting it. With the 1/24 scale lexan slot car bodies available out there, you might be able to covert the buggy to a stadium truck yourself pretty easily.

The IW05M might do pretty well also since it is listed as 4WD Bigfoot.

The only thing that worries me in that thread is the projected release dates. Since alot of us were waiting for the currently newest IW02 to get released, the initial release date was said to be late summer early fall. It ended up being pushed back until November. The buggy and 4WD Monster are listed as May/June so that may really mean Sept./Oct.

Again, great find! Thanks!

Sasquatch
2006.01.28, 10:00 PM
No problem, glad I could help. I'm going to be getting most of my information confirmation and updates from Machine, as he has an Iwaver store. Turns out he might be getting a buggy and monster truck to try out in June for testing.

Updated link, lemme know if it goes straight to the thread... (http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://549.rapidforum.com/topic%3D102176153845&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://549.rapidforum.com/%26num%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3D N)

Sasquatch
2006.01.28, 11:45 PM
Just had an idea, unless the track width is very close to the current onroad cars width, imagine shortening the suspension arms and dogbones, and having a rally car! Wouldn't that be awesome?

byebye
2006.01.29, 05:30 AM
Good find! I'm very excited about the buggy.

-Byebye

HaCo
2006.01.29, 05:54 AM
I wonder if the PCB will work with other FM Tx?

It's good to see you can connect a normal servo to the PCB, it will be usefull on other cars too! :-)

leonen
2006.01.29, 02:12 PM
I wonder if the PCB will work with other FM Tx?

It's good to see you can connect a normal servo to the PCB, it will be usefull on other cars too! :-)

Not yet..... they're working on it, I've been told.

The pictures in that german post come from the catalog iwaver distributed at the HK Toy Fair.

There is also a video of the new car I'll post in a couple of days.

And oh yes.... don't get too anxious about the new models. They need some time.

Enjoy the future new racer.... the IW02M

TuNeR1989
2006.01.29, 02:42 PM
Wow nice find............................... :rolleyes:

Sasquatch
2006.01.29, 03:27 PM
I have a video of the new bodies and of the radio, nothing of the new board or the new vehicles, but it's better than nothing. Lets see if this works: Iwaver @ HK Hobby Show (http://server08.ipslink.com/~nanospee/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1148)

arch2b
2006.01.29, 08:47 PM
Not yet..... they're working on it, I've been told.

The pictures in that german post come from the catalog iwaver distributed at the HK Toy Fair.

There is also a video of the new car I'll post in a couple of days.

And oh yes.... don't get too anxious about the new models. They need some time.

Enjoy the future new racer.... the IW02M
i am just as excited to see iw go fm but if they are anything like their current new chassis, it will likely be another quality disappointment thing. sad but true.....

leonen
2006.01.29, 09:01 PM
i am just as excited to see iw go fm but if they are anything like their current new chassis, it will likely be another quality disappointment thing. sad but true.....

Well.... their main aim on this new redesing was to CHANGE THE MANUFACTURER!!!!!! The suplier of several parts on the IW02, was thrown away and new people came in. This new guys were seeked as having good quality as the main part.

I hope this car really shows IW potential.

arch2b
2006.01.29, 09:05 PM
i hope the new manufacturer makes a difference. it's a shame the curent new chassis is a squandered opportunity due to qc problems.

please keep us informed of news as you get it ;)

Sasquatch
2006.01.29, 09:13 PM
Well, my dealer doesn't know any more than we know, but he did say we will know a lot more after the German Hobby show thats coming up sometime soon.

leonen
2006.01.29, 09:28 PM
i hope the new manufacturer makes a difference. it's a shame the curent new chassis is a squandered opportunity due to qc problems.

please keep us informed of news as you get it ;)

Arch, not all IW02 were defective. We have recieved some that work perfectly. And I can tell you it's a great car!!! It really handles beautifully. I know the next IW02M will be an excellent choice.

arch2b
2006.01.29, 09:34 PM
i understand not all were defective but when your reading reviews that seem to indicate there are more defective units than good ones you have to worry. talk to many dealers here and you'll hear the same story.

reputation is everything and iw is not know for having a good one in general.

a few bad apples aside, xmods have had a similar story and they did a fairly good job at resolvinng most of the issues in the evolution line. ofcourse you now have reports of easily broken parts itn he new line but it's xmods so it's almost expected. they still sell well so hopefully iw can work thru their tarnished image here and provide some challenge to the status quoe

Roger
2006.01.29, 09:42 PM
Goodluck to Iwaver. I know that my local hobbyshop just donated all 6 of thier Iwaver kits for a raffle. They just got fed up dealing with them breaking down. Owners quote, " We are ONLY gonna carry kyosho mini-z from now on !!! "

Mazda787b
2006.01.29, 09:56 PM
I hope they go with whoever made the first run of IW-02 readysets, those were golden.

machine
2006.01.29, 11:33 PM
your lhs donated a car kit to charity that they've had problems with? thats not very nice.

I'm hoping to see the cars this summer, fingers crossed on them making the deadline and the new production company coming through with flying colors.

bda52
2006.01.29, 11:51 PM
your lhs donated a car kit to charity that they've had problems with? thats not very nice.

I'm hoping to see the cars this summer, fingers crossed on them making the deadline and the new production company coming through with flying colors.

Gotta agree. I do hope the QC issues with the newest IW02 will be resolved with the new company. I do know that I will not be running out the door to get one the day it is released. I will be waiting on reviews before making the investment in the IW02M. (anyone know what the 'M' is supposed to stand for?)

leonen, though I have not had a problem with any of the IW's that I own (I cannot remember the total now I believe it is 4 old IW02's and one IW01), I would be leary of stating "I know the next IW02M will be an excellent choice" just yet. I hope that is true but I will have to do the 'wait and see' on it first. There were just too many problems reported with the new IW02. The simplest one being the body fit of the GT40 with it hitting the servo saver. That is something that was not a production company problem. That would have been from the blueprints given to the production unit.

I do look forward to the IW02M's release and do hope all the improvements are made.

Roger
2006.01.30, 12:31 AM
your lhs donated a car kit to charity that they've had problems with? thats not very nice

Yeah, the charity to r.c. car racers at thier local club race. From what I heard, 4 racers that won the cars gave the iwavers away to spectators.

kehern15
2006.01.30, 03:36 PM
I really hope that the new iwavers try to break away from copying Koysho. That is the main reason why I disliked iWaver so much. The new iWaver 02 were a good idea, but the quality still lacked, causing the downfall. I am actually excited about a iWaver! I never thought that this day would come! (lol)

Keher

moparsteve
2006.01.30, 10:56 PM
those look promising, especailly the buggy, i will picking some up!! along with mini-z on is not going to stop the other. just add (hopefully) like how xmods boosted mini-z sales (im sure. thats how i found out about them and friends, and i have bought 3 in the last week, new!)

Steve

kehern15
2006.01.31, 03:17 PM
But I still wish that i could see some more pics of that buggy...

tzero
2006.01.31, 03:19 PM
I wonder how much that buggy is going to sell for. And I wish I had pics of that buggy 2. lol

Roketmini
2006.01.31, 09:34 PM
Hmm..I like the Cooper-S and the blue PCB...they need a PCB upgrade with LED neons and cool colors! Lol..

machine
2006.02.01, 11:07 AM
if you look at the chassis shot of the new IW02M you'll see a plug in for lights.

Everyone one of my contacts in China is still party hard over the new year. I hope to hear from them soon.

machine
2006.02.02, 12:48 PM
I just got word that the mew IW02M will (should) be available by May and the 4wd buggy and truck won't be around until late in the year which is the same for the New remote and board.

Hypocrisy
2006.02.02, 04:04 PM
well about time that iwaver updated the R02, guess this one has steering! =) no seriosly looking at the pics and reading the information it seems like they have made a really good car.. but i want to see and test one in person before i say anything about the car.. the 03M looks interesting!

leonen
2006.02.02, 11:58 PM
Here you can look at pictures of the new iWaver Mini Cooper that CircuitoZur recieved in exclusive about a month ago:

http://foros.ath.cx/photos/los_autos_de_nestor/category1040.aspx

Excellent bodies. Truthful is that quality has made a leap forward!!

Sasquatch
2006.02.09, 07:02 PM
Here are some preview pictures of the Iwaver 4WD Buggy and 4WD Monster Truck. Interesting designs with the inverse spur gear on the buggy, and looks like to me the MT is independent suspension as well.
Pictures are in my Gallery (http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=760)

bobbyz
2006.02.09, 07:45 PM
very interesting, like everyone else i hope the quality of their new models is better. i've still never bought an iwaver, just because i don't want to waste money on something that will most likely not work. fm pcb looks very promising to stick in an mr-02 i think. we'll see though.

arch2b
2006.02.09, 09:09 PM
i happen to really like the white body :p

sylvestor2005
2006.02.17, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know where and when the new Iwavers will be ready for sale ? Any idea on cost ?

thanks.

will3kgt
2006.02.18, 06:28 AM
Like many on this site, I'll also wait and see how this new IW02 performs. My wife bought me the new one this X-Mas and the steering crapped out in 15 minutes. Another person I race with lost his steering also. These IW look promising...However I'd be far more excited if these new products were made by Kyosho. Love the innovations, they just need to work on the quality control, without that a company will surely fail over time.

sylvestor2005
2006.03.20, 09:45 PM
The new iwaver will go 50 km out of the box.

http://www.iwaver.com/faq0.asp?fid=5

That sounds impressive.

EnTg888
2006.03.20, 11:34 PM
That's about 30 mph. Somehow I highly doubt it; that's about as fast as a mini-z with a brushless motor and an li-poly battery. Maybe on a tamiya speed checker, lol.