PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone running an upgraded motor in newest Iwaver?

Taazz
2006.01.29, 09:39 AM
Is anyone running an upgraded motor with a stock board in one of the newest Iwavers? If so, what motor and have you had any problems?

I am still trying to figure out if it was the fact that I ran a stock Mini Z motor in my Ford GTs that caused my range to go to 2 inches. This happened to two cars with two different motors.

I can not get an answer from Hobbico Services to this question. I am working with them to get the parts replaced (they are supposed to be sending them), but if you can only run the kit motor (black endbell and very slow) with a stock board, the car is useless for racing without an upgraded board.

leonen
2006.01.29, 02:07 PM
Is anyone running an upgraded motor with a stock board in one of the newest Iwavers? If so, what motor and have you had any problems?

I am still trying to figure out if it was the fact that I ran a stock Mini Z motor in my Ford GTs that caused my range to go to 2 inches. This happened to two cars with two different motors.

I can not get an answer from Hobbico Services to this question. I am working with them to get the parts replaced (they are supposed to be sending them), but if you can only run the kit motor (black endbell and very slow) with a stock board, the car is useless for racing without an upgraded board.

I have an Iwaver xSpeed motor running perfectly. No problems in reception and / or heating.

You can't put a hot motor in it, but anyway, a Kyosho stock motor is not hot!... the problem in you board must have been because other problems.... not the motors you ran.

Taazz
2006.01.29, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the reply Nestor. Anyone else?

EnTg888
2006.01.30, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the reassurance... I think I'll be putting a kyosho stock motor one of these days in there. But that's still a queer problem...

Taazz
2006.01.30, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the reassurance... I think I'll be putting a kyosho stock motor one of these days in there. But that's still a queer problem...

Have you found the car to be woefully underpowered with the stock motor? I am going to run it with the stock motor again once I get the new boards, but seem to remember the stock black endbell motor being way to slow to be comptetitive.

leonen
2006.01.31, 10:12 AM
Have you found the car to be woefully underpowered with the stock motor? I am going to run it with the stock motor again once I get the new boards, but seem to remember the stock black endbell motor being way to slow to be comptetitive.

Have you guys tried changing pinion gears? ... Try the 7 or 8 tooth pinions... you'll notice the difference.

Also try lubricating the wheels and axles. I noticed some of the cars came without lube...

EnTg888
2006.02.01, 01:51 AM
My Iwaver has bearings in them...duratrax to be specific.
Yeah, the 7 or 8 tooth and the bearings/lube does make a difference, but its still really sluggish. Even the xmod evo is punchier and faster at top-end speed. I'm no racer, but i agree with Taazz-this thing needs more power.

Oh, by the way, does the thicker bearing go on the inside of the front wheel or the outside?

Taazz
2006.02.01, 05:02 PM
Great news! I got my new parts from Hobbico Services today. They were more than generous. They sent the whole battery holder, crystal, stock board and steering servo so I don't have to do any soldering, just fasten it to the chassis. They also sent me two of the Istock (clear end bell motors). I will put these together and let you guys know if everything holds up and how it runs with this motor/board combination.

EnTg888
2006.02.01, 10:30 PM
Wow, that IS good news! How did you get Hobbico to send all that stuff :confused:
Let us know how that I-stock motor works, oddly enough it's not the stock motor. Lol.

Taazz
2006.02.02, 12:10 PM
Wow, that IS good news! How did you get Hobbico to send all that stuff :confused:
Let us know how that I-stock motor works, oddly enough it's not the stock motor. Lol.

Much persistance and a friendly, non-threatening tone. I have done most of it by Email. I simply keep sending messages until I get a reply. I copy every letter of every message into those sent. Some of my Emails have approached novel status. I also come across as someone who knows these cars inside and out not some snot nose kid crying because his toy broke.

I feel that they are honestly trying to make things right for those who got defective products.