PDA

View Full Version : indoor and off-road racer

modder5
2006.01.29, 10:44 AM
Ok so My B'day is less than a week away. My parents are willing to dish out around 150 bucks for my newest RC addition. I need advice on what to get. I want ground clearence and good torque for offroadin and stuff. But it has to go fast too and not flipp too easily. So i'm mostly looking at mini-z overland or mini-z monster. Which do ya'll think? If there's anything better, please let me know, like other brands or completly different types of trucks, as long as it can drive inside and in dirt, through rocks and other little obstacle. Oh yea the ability to be able to do little jumps would be great. From my requirements, I seem to be leaning towards the monster truck. But is it fast? How much of a race would it be between my cuzins stage 2 hummer Xmod without many other upgrades(the most she might get would be extra cells)? Thanks for any help

*edit* How is the hobbbyzone mini mauler? cuz its on sale near me for 80 bucks. hows it compare to mini-z?

Spoon
2006.01.29, 02:12 PM
*edit* How is the hobbbyzone mini mauler? cuz its on sale near me for 80 bucks. hows it compare to mini-z?

The Mauler isn't bad. It's 4 Wheel drive which is nice. I don't know how many replacement parts are available though. You definitely want a MZM over an overland, if you jump an overland you are going to break parts.

Oh, and it's bad form to double (or triple post)