PDA

View Full Version : Skyline drift UK

byebye
2006.02.06, 03:37 PM
Okay heres another drift vid. This time it's minizawd2006's KP old skool skyline.

KP Skyline (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album477/Doms_KPSkyline.wmv)

-Byebye

briankstan
2006.02.06, 04:00 PM
that's some great control, I don't have nearly that good of control. great video.

byebye
2006.02.06, 04:15 PM
The drift cars all seem to be the same as far as setup goes, at leat for me. Drift tires are needed and lots of power and torque. I like to use the throttle to drift so I dial back steering quite a bit. Thanks! Did you see the MR vid?

-Byebye

minizawd2006
2006.02.06, 04:16 PM
me and bye bye will be getting one of these too to race http://www.conleyprecision.com/ lol no were not really but ye thats some great skill there bye bye well this sat well be drifting togetha as im gonna cut the wide drift wheels down

briankstan
2006.02.06, 04:38 PM
I have only expermented with some electrical tape on the tires. I like the way the car feels, it just takes a while to get use to. I will be getting a set of drift tires. I think I will just be using my AWD for drifting fun anyway.

byebye
2006.02.07, 12:40 AM
THe drift tires are in the shop for $6. It's worth it to me since they will never wear out on the RCP track. It's a perfect fit and quick change from race to drift. I like that fact that I finally got my awd cars to stick to the track and while they are fun to race I think I enjoy drifting them more than anything.

-Byebye

EMU
2006.02.16, 02:08 PM
Nice vid byebye. I prefer less power on the motor and more steering for drift... A stock motor has enough power to drift well with the drift tires. Different strokes for different folks I guess... I use a Speedy 05 with about 50% EPA on the throttle 17/29 gear.

Mojar7070
2006.02.16, 02:12 PM
Nice Car!! Awesome driving. How big is that track setup at your place??

byebye
2006.02.16, 02:31 PM
Thanks guys. I can't get a drift that long around the track with a stock motor. When I first started drifting I had no problems with stock motor and stock FETs. Even just an x-speed upgrade really helped but the way his car is setup now it can pull nice long apex's.

The track in the dining room was 8x9 tile of RCP track. It's now 8x6 because it was too cramped for more than a few people.

-Byebye

joshsrchobbies
2006.02.20, 01:14 PM
Awsome vid byebye . That was some awsome stearing control . I know I couldn't do it that good eather .

Thanks,Josh

byebye
2006.02.20, 01:19 PM
Awsome vid byebye . That was some awsome stearing control . I know I couldn't do it that good eather .

Thanks,Josh

Thanks Josh :D It takes a lot of throttle and steering practice to control the drift. Whats great about the ma-01 is you can drift it with the drift tires without modification to the drivetrain.

-Byebye

bda52
2006.02.20, 02:52 PM
Bye-bye, what kind of video editing software are you using?

byebye
2006.02.20, 02:54 PM
Bye-bye, what kind of video editing software are you using?

BDA52! I hope to make it out there again soon.

For software I use windows movie maker. Same one I've used since day 1.

-Byebye

minizawd2006
2006.02.20, 05:19 PM
josh when i was at byebye's house it was fun mate when i see him drift my car it looked so easy well i can drift but with things not in my way and no track well soon as i tried on the track for my 2nd time ever its so hard its unbelievably hard well now it has power too its soo much fun i will shoot a vid and hope byebye can edit it for me and post it up well the trueno looks fun around the carpet lol

the awd makes a perfect drifter but not such a good racer i find

saiyan
2006.02.21, 12:20 AM
josh when i was at byebye's house it was fun mate when i see him drift my car it looked so easy well i can drift but with things not in my way and no track well soon as i tried on the track for my 2nd time ever its so hard its unbelievably hard well now it has power too its soo much fun i will shoot a vid and hope byebye can edit it for me and post it up well the trueno looks fun around the carpet lol

the awd makes a perfect drifter but not such a good racer i find

I think my AWD wich is still box stock is really fast and handles way better then my MR01 and probably my MR02 that byebye put together for me. I'll probably be using it in our AZGT series if i can keep up with the other guys. I drift my 1:10 TC3 frequently and found that i have to adjust the way i drift my AWD, though using PVC on asphault with the TC3 and electrical tape on RCP with the AWD, is probably the biggest factor in the difference in the way that they drift.

jaeneke
2006.02.21, 01:24 AM
damn !! what a cooool body !! and that sound... MMMmmmmMMM....

what motor/gearing is that you used on that car(i want that sound to :D )?

ps do you sell that body :D

minizawd2006
2006.02.21, 01:52 AM
no sorry not for sale lol

jaeneke
2006.02.21, 01:57 AM
no sorry not for sale lol

pretty please ?? :D

byebye
2006.02.21, 10:49 AM
J-Dom will have to check the gearing for you. I believe it was a mid gearing, 19-29 or somthing like that, don't qoute me on that as I don't have it in front of me.

@Saiyan- I ran m mod EVO MR at the races and Kicked ACE!!! It hooked up really well and there was no rolling at all with slick tires up front. In fact its the same setup as the video.

-Byebye

saiyan
2006.02.21, 02:05 PM
Ya i was gonna run it on an HFAY layout and see if i could post faster times with it as compared to my other chassis. If i could then i might consider talking the other guys into letting me run it in 1 of our AZGT races. There are only 4 races left ( 2 gtgs ) so i'll probably wait till the next series to give it ago. Till then HFAYs and drifting is what it'll be used for. I baught a bearing kit for it and will install them this week-end. I also have some alloy driveshafts for it, but i'll wait till i have a problem with the current stockers befor i replace them.

byebye
2006.02.21, 02:15 PM
The drive shaft was a pain to install, I had to take the board and move it and unscrew leads and everything, Not fun but worth it for durability. I already chewed up my stock fron pinion.

-Byebye

saiyan
2006.02.21, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry i didn't clarify when i said driveshafts. I meant the CVDs from the diff to the wheels. These were 1st on my list of hop-ups as it seems that everyone else seems to break or wear them out. The next will be to get the alloy parts around the motor for additional cooling. I was also thinking about the stronger blue/grey chassis, but i've not had any problems with mine as yet. Though i think the very next thing i buy for it will be the kyosho drift tyres.

jaeneke
2006.02.22, 01:13 AM
I'm sorry i didn't clarify when i said driveshafts. I meant the CVDs from the diff to the wheels. These were 1st on my list of hop-ups as it seems that everyone else seems to break or wear them out. The next will be to get the alloy parts around the motor for additional cooling. I was also thinking about the stronger blue/grey chassis, but i've not had any problems with mine as yet. Though i think the very next thing i buy for it will be the kyosho drift tyres.

i got the cooling plates all around the motor and they work really good !! the motor isn't getting damn hot anymore ! :) (i use the atomic parts with extra cooling body)
see picture :
http://x11.putfile.com/2/4413491327-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/4413491327.jpg&s=x11)
bottom of cooling plate(on the old stock chassis):
http://x2.putfile.com/1/3003565273.jpg (http://www.putfile.com)

i had to upgrade tot the bleu/gray chassis, mine started to crack and just didn't stop ! it litterally fall apart ! :(

the drift tires are awesome ! but they where to smooth to drift on RCP(and the motor had to much power :D ) so i used some sandpaper on them, today is my chanche tot test them again at our track... hopefully it works :cool:

saiyan
2006.02.22, 01:26 AM
:cool: That's cool glad to hear that they actually do what thet're supposed to do. I'm definately planning to get them then after the drift tyres.

byebye
2006.02.22, 01:29 AM

Gotcha ;) Right now I'm not going to get anymore hopups until somthing breaks. I don't have the core time sheet in front of me but I hit about 30 laps on the DW 5 wide L track. I pushed it fairly hard but I was trying to conserve batt power. I was running a 3x2 and speedy NM. After the race the car was super dusty but the motor was cooler to touch than a normal mr-02 around the track.

I'm thinking of setting up a stock car with the same setup and trying that around the track next time. If it works out I'll run it on the OLPS track layout to see which is faster for me.

-Byebye